It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we really want UFO/ET disclosure?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Part of the fun IMO is trying to figure out the haves and have nots of this entire subject. Trying to figure out what is real and what isnt real.......what are the hoaxes and what are the real deals and so on. I love the whole web of deceit that is weaved into this entire controversial subject and trying to untangle that web, searching for answers.

If disclosure came, it would take that fun away and message boards like this Aliens and UFOs section would probably either die down or cease to exist. While we'd finally have our disclosure, the whole UFO/ET subculture would slowly but surely dwindle down into nothing because well, there isnt much to talk about anymore regarding the subject, its all on the table in front of you.

So while we keep asking for disclosure on the subject and wanting it - We need to ask ourselves if we really want it, because part of the fun is talking about it.

Thoughts?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I'm interested in truth, I don't care if it's fun or not.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by icecap
I'm interested in truth, I don't care if it's fun or not.

While I do agree 100% with this - Isnt part of the fun the journey and uncovering the truths on the way to the end result?

link   
I think it matters not if we want it but it will be thrust upon us in a manner that we may or may not like. Great thread s\f

link   
I dunno what they can tell me that I don't already know, so I'd say yes.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
We want it. OF course. Its not a game of "message boards"

If this Alien stuff can help our planet, help with medicine and ease the sufffering with diseases, then there are a lot of children who are in hospitals all over the World that are suffering as we speak. If this can help them I say screw having fun talking about it, lets get it on, lets start easing some of the crap that is going on and is ruining peoples lives and ruining our planet as a whole.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by talisman

I think its not a matter of us wanting it, its a matter of when the powers that be give it us....if they ever will.

In the end, what I was trying to say in my OP was - Enjoy the journey and enjoy this topic while it lasts, because at the drop of a hat, when they do decide to tell everyone that yes, we do have EBE's in some lab and yes, a large % of UFOs in our skies are of ET origin and we have been reverse engineering Alien craft since the 40s....then the whole subject and topic will go bye bye since the cat is out of the bag.

So enjoy the journey until then.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
A S & F for the thought this post will generate Blackout. Thanks!

You are right...I guess that when disclosure occurs and the majority of people are satisfied that it's legit, we will just have to concentrate
on other things....good news for ATS'ers is that it appears we have a lot to discuss by looking at all the other things that presented on this site.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

Enjoy the journey and enjoy this topic while it lasts, because at the drop of a hat, when they do decide to tell everyone that yes, we do have EBE's in some lab and yes, a large % of UFOs in our skies are of ET origin and we have been reverse engineering Alien craft since the 40s...then the whole subject and topic will go bye bye since the cat is out of the bag.
No...that's when the real fun will begin my friend...that means the whole time so many of these cases and witness testimony could have been legitimate...

They wont tell us everything if disclosure does happen, if fact, I doubt they'll tell us much at all, and probably just make up more lies as to how they got here, why they are here, and where they came from...when and if disclosure happens, it will open up a Pandora's box of questions we will need answers to...and ATS will be on the job.

In fact, I'd even estimate the whole Alien discussion would sky rocket for a small period of time, then it would die back down to our usual ATS members...but it would still be a highly active topic for a long while...then when we started feeling satisfied with what we had, it would eventually die down and fizzle out. But that's assuming we felt satisfied with the answers we had...

[edit on 14/5/10 by CHA0S]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Well, lets hope its a bit more cut and dry than that

I do know that the Government at times is known to only put out half truths - So when disclosure does happen, lets hope that they go the entire way and not leave out anything.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by -Blackout-
Part of the fun IMO is trying to figure out the haves and have nots of this entire subject. Trying to figure out what is real and what isnt real.......what are the hoaxes and what are the real deals and so on. I love the whole web of deceit that is weaved into this entire controversial subject and trying to untangle that web, searching for answers.

If disclosure came, it would take that fun away and message boards like this Aliens and UFOs section would probably either die down or cease to exist. While we'd finally have our disclosure, the whole UFO/ET subculture would slowly but surely dwindle down into nothing because well, there isnt much to talk about anymore regarding the subject, its all on the table in front of you.

So while we keep asking for disclosure on the subject and wanting it - We need to ask ourselves if we really want it, because part of the fun is talking about it.

Thoughts?

I would think the amount of of discussion would sky - rocket. What do you think we are supposed to do after disclosure just stand around all day?? We will need to discuss whats next! I'm thinking of going out to Jupiter myself.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kyle43

I agree that there would be more to discuss after a huge disclosure - However, we also have fun discussing the plethora of subtopics that this entire phenomenon presents to us.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Isnt part of the fun the journey and uncovering the
truths on the way to the end result?

Fun ??? ur joking right

high blood pressure
bouts with depression
script meds
a divorce
ulcers
migraine headaches
agitated about hoaxes
loss of friends and relatives
being ostracized in public
sorting bull$h!+ from fact
disrespected due to belief

and many more

what part of the above do you find fun ????
or is it just me ???

with disclosure
I could eliminate 90% of the above

[edit on 14-5-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I think it may depend on who you are. Some people enjoy a good conspiracy theory to discuss the ins and outs of it and how it became to be true and how its kept from the general populous for so long etc.

Fact is, some people do enjoy that kind of thing.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
i think if we want disclosure we need to force the issue, demand it. force tptb to bend to the will of the people. stop waiting for disclosure cause i no longer think it will come from the so-called govt. whats needed is to transmit a signal to the moon and beyond send the et's our own message of peace and love and trade.......
but if we really want disclosure from our leaders then "DISCLOSURE NOW" should be screamed at every obama or nasa press conference, get the idea.
then we will have disclosure they will have no choice.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
We may not be ready for any disclosure. Maybe some folks here think they are, but remember the world has 6 billion people and many of them might not be able to handle any disclosures about aliens.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

Dear -Blackout-

So Obarma turns up on the 10 O’clock news with an EBE.

Ok the truth is out and everybody goes to bed.

It will go on for decades if not the rest of this century.

First who knew what when??

How many were killed protecting the secret and by who???

Then there will be the questions to the EBE

How long have you been here???

What really happened at this point in our history??

Not to speak of there history and politics.

I am sure there are a million other things we will want to know.

For sure you ant going to be board.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

I think it needs to be a bit more tactful than just screaming for it non-stop every chance we get. There have been many crackpots and nutjobs down the line that have tried prying disclosure of this subject out and failed, due to their poor tact and credibility.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Thoughts?

There are plenty of subjects to talk about after disclosure. What life is like in far galaxies. Exo politics. Bio of diff kinds of ETs. Their messages, their planets, their unique qualities, etc.

The people who are curious now, would be satiated then quite well.

Talking about it can still exist after disclosure.

The ETs themselves have stuff planned for after disclosure. It won't be a boring time, thats for sure.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

Dear gaurdian2012

Easier still just get everybody to stop paying there TAX.

You will get what you want then, that is all we are here for.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join