It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News Suggests Banning the American Flag

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

FOX News Suggests Banning the American Flag

www.infowars.com

Apparently FOX News considers the American Flag the “least incendiary” item to ban in order to “protect the children.” They just released a poll debating the merits of banning the American Flag in public schools in order to quell potential race fights.

What country is this? The fact that FOX News would even OFFER “Banning the American Flag…” as a poll choice is beyond logic and reason. But the worst part?

67% are in FAVOR of banning the flag.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

"Yes. safety of students come first"

Fox is implying that the flag is dangerous. nice job fox.

Just more of this "Politically correct" BS the media feeds us. If it offends ANYONE then ban it. If you do not like the flag then get the hell out. too damn bad cry me a river.

On cinco de mayo 4 High school students who are American Citizens decided to wear American flag T's. The school said they may offend some of the Latin students so they suspended the children. If you do not know cinco de mayo is not even celebrated in Mexico for starters. Morons think it is for when Mexico won it's independence. that is not what it marks. It is when the people kicked out a few french people.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
there is already a thread about it

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 14-5-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I love my country and I love the flag of the USA, but if they try to take my American flag...down here in NC and Va and SC and Ga and Ala and Miss and La and Tenn and Fla and Ky and Mo and Tx we have another flag we will proudly fly...in fact, I see more and more of it flying everyday.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I have to say this headline is soooooo misleading. A poll conveyed by Fox News is totally different than Fox News itself saying it.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Vinveezy

If you are saying FOX Noise bites the big one, I agree with you 100%. I do like Kelly and Shepard and a few of their people but over all they are despicable purveyors of propaganda and instruments of deception employed by unethical (mostly GOP) politicians and the corporations that own them.

Regarding the kids wearing the flag T-shirts to school....I remember when it was considered very bad taste- hell I think it used to be illegal to wear the flag as an article of clothing.
Back then you could not make a scarf out of the flag for crissakes.
You may as well have started a fire and burned the flag as cut it up into clothing.
I think it was "Easy Rider" or right about that time you started to see the American flag pop up places other than on VA stationary and Flagpoles.

I forgot it was in vogue now to cut it up and paste the flag as a patch on your rear end, or wear it over your head as a scarf or a shirt. (In fact I myself have a cute little crochet American flag halter top that I wear when I go off to disrupt the Tea Party meetings
)

When I first heard those punk kids were kicked out of school for wearing the flag t-shirts I actually thought the Principal was properly reprimanding them for DISRESPECTING the American flag.

...which is incidentally the story I still think that stupid principal should have gone with.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by rusethorcain]

new topics

top topics

join