It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who do you blame?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Ultimately I blame myself. I'm fresh out of college and I haven't joined the peace corp. I have the potential before me to change the lives of many including myself. It's hard to overcome humility to be a decent human being. Even if you don't hold yourself responsible for all that has happened, you have to accept that we as a community have to potential to not only change the world, but make it a peaceful place.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by captainbitter

Yup, I can definitely see you are fresh out of college. Good luck.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Lolz, thanks for the "this is the real world" slap in the face I need. When does realization overcome our basic intuition to change the world for the better?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Not long

It's not so much that you loose the intuition, you just realize the 'world' you can feasibly change is a lot smaller than you think.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

A harsh reality check
. Either way you cannot refute the ability of one man to change the lives of many. I was told once that "When you are young you know very little about many things, and when you get older you know a lot about very little." Even if you are set in your ways or you have a youthful hope for mankind, it's easy for us to agree that the notion of change is substantial. To lose ones security and accept new ideas isn't easy. It's equally difficult to accept that change is an impossibility.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Not to worry. If everyone be of cynicism, than no change will ever be possible, dooming ourselves forever to mediocrity or slavery in exchange for security.

Change begins with you and me for a better world. No point harping about changing the world if we ourselves refuse to change and evolve or to be cynical and lament about others refusing to change

<< 1   >>

join