It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warehouse Found Crawling With Rare Reptiles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

MILWAUKEE (May 14) – Police, zoo experts and animal control workers together hauled hundreds of exotic animals from a local warehouse this week, confiscating rare crocodiles, boa constrictors, alligators and snapping turtles that may have been owned by a well-known reptile expert.

Full Story

This makes you wonder just how much rare exotic animal smuggling is taking place in America. People getting these baby Boa's and Crocs etc and when they grow older, they let them loose and they turn into a menace to society.

People shouldnt be allowed to do this stuff on such a big scale.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I agree that smuggling of exotic and endangered animals should be stopped.

But a wild anaconda or a stampeding rhino has never caused me any grief or inconvenience in my daily life

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
As much as I love reptiles, I believe that certain ones should never be made into pets. People don't have the space for these creatures to live poperly. Also, when such pets are abandoned and introduced to land that is not native to them, it upsets the eco system.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I know a man in Texas who owns a big piece of land with several stock tanks (huge ponds) and he owns a dozen or more Alligators. Some of those things are pretty damn big.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Glad he doesn't live near me!
Hope they don't decide to wander off any time soon. Perhaps you could suggest a koi pond instead. LOL

top topics

join