It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians are about to be abducted.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Conspire
Its strange or not how Christians can be mocked vilified ad nauseum on ATS but other religions are respected.
Lay off the Christians, if you want to be imaginative
make up a thread about Jews Gosh no you cant do that, no I agree so why not stop ridiculing Christians, ridicule anti moon hoax believers instead.
But better still ridicule no one.

Who's mocking christians in this thread?
This thread has been one of the nicer ones imo.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Thanks for the input. Hope it helps.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I've reached much the same conclusion as you - the so called real second coming that kicks off Armageddon is for all intents an alien invasion. They are planning to come and wipe out the other group of beings who are supposed to emerge on the scene first (Maitreya-Share International- Ascended Masters and co ?) and then set about establishing their own world order (the kingdom of God as the Christians would say). It would make sense to collect all the humans you want to save first prior to unleashing wrath upon the Earth - could explain the very busy abduction phenomena that's been going on for the last 60 years or so.

Also makes sense of the confusing messages about ETs - on the one hand an attempt to brand them as saviours and on the other an attempt to bill them as the enemy. The earth PTB are likely to side with the first lot who are supposed to emerge in which case you have a scenario where the human militia band together with the first group in an effort to win the war against the second group. Might explain the space based weapons programme and the subtle prepping of humanity for the other side of the coin - to view ET faction 2 as the enemy . In my own personal both sides have their own vested interests in mankind and both want power and control of earth and their creations - us. Who the hell did they think they were, coming down here interferring with our natural evolution in the first place ? It's just what humans would do when they got the ability to do it - create a new species then row about how to control or guide the experiment . We are just their science project .

Prophecy expects faction 2 to win but there is no certainty that will be the case.

[edit on 15/5/10 by cosmicpixie]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
It's an attempt to deceive "even the Elect" into believing "doctrines of demons". Satan hates humankind, as God asked him to bow before us. He considered us below him, and as he was created long before we were, he refused to bow. God considered us His ultimate creation, and Satan could and would not accept that. That's why he wanted to destroy us from square one. It's a matter of pure and unpure seed, beginning with Cain. Those who have inherited Cain's lineage can come to God and become part of the Kingdom, but usualy their pride, lust, arrogance, and willfulness won't allow them to do so. It is a test for those of us who believe in and love God above all things of the Earth. Satan's plan is to make us believe in him as God, have us follow him, and deny the True Creator, so that he can take us to Hell and deny us entry into Heaven. Satan believes that if he can fool us into elevating ourselves into a higher dimension where eternal time is the rule, he can permanently avoid his final demise, i.e., ultimate defeat and being cast into the abyss (outer space). He wants to take as many of us with him as he can. Remember, Lucifer is the Angel of Light. Many will be fooled unnecessarily. The hardest thing for us to do is to wait in Faith, but that is what me must do.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by deadred]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Great comments guys. I'm glan I'm not the only one that see's it.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Loken, I don't mean to attack you, your thread, or your beliefs, but who is to say that the Christians aren't the ones being deceived? I mean, look at the all the malice committed in the name of G-d through the Christian Faith. The Inquisition, the Witch Trials, the Roman Catholic Empire. I mean, it just doesn't have the good track record associated with acts of good. There is no direct talk in the Bible about a "rapture" anyway. That was a term invented in the 1800's. Most Christians I talk to nowadays are all about the bake sales, or the rummage sales or what have you. They aren't about the original message of spiritual enlightenment.

I guess I have a question to propose to you. What if there are some that view what some Christians believe as just a spiritual pissing match between two opposing sides? I honestly cannot see the validity in either side of the argument. G-d creates all that is good, yet lets Lucifer fights him and take over the kingdom that he created. How can something that is the embodiment of good let this "fallen angel" take over all that he apparently worked so hard to create? An omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent being couldn't allow that without creating a paradox in being all three of these things. All three of these things in themselves is a paradox. If G-d only gave Man free will, and the angels were supposed to follow him to his last, then by argument, how could Lucifer have "turned to the dark side" in the first place? There are so many inconsistencies in the Bible that I cannot even begin to address them all.

I guess it won't matter too much for me either way, as I have no stock in either side. If what the Bible says is true and there will be some huge war, I'll fight both sides indiscriminately if it means keeping loved ones safe. I'm only here as an observer anyway, and could care less which side wins....like I said, I view it as a spiritual pissing match with a bunch of sour grapes in the middle.

Just my opinion of course.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984
Loken, I don't mean to attack you, your thread, or your beliefs, but who is to say that the Christians aren't the ones being deceived? I mean, look at the all the malice committed in the name of G-d through the Christian Faith. The Inquisition, the Witch Trials, the Roman Catholic Empire. I mean, it just doesn't have the good track record associated with acts of good. There is no direct talk in the Bible about a "rapture" anyway. That was a term invented in the 1800's. Most Christians I talk to nowadays are all about the bake sales, or the rummage sales or what have you. They aren't about the original message of spiritual enlightenment.

I guess it won't matter too much for me either way, as I have no stock in either side. If what the Bible says is true and there will be some huge war, I'll fight both sides indiscriminately if it means keeping loved ones safe. I'm only here as an observer anyway, and could care less which side wins....like I said, I view it as a spiritual pissing match with a bunch of sour grapes in the middle.

Just my opinion of course.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

Actually I can't take your post as a attack but as a oppurtunity to enlighnten you. The word rarture is in the Bible. And also I do not support the Catholics or any other denomination. Even in saying this the true born again Christian cannot be held accountable for years of wrong doing done by our ancestors. That would be akin to holding modern Germany responsible for the attrocities committed by the Nazi's or modern American's for the Indian wars. However I will endeavor to bring ou the word rapture for you since it is in the original text and manuscripts written by the first true Born again Christians and by Jesus himself.

Actually it's mentioned a lot

Ok here we go:
1. "Rapture", in the context of eschatology, is an English word derived from the Latin rapio, "caught up" [1] as found in the Vulgate rendering of
1 Thessalonians 4:17.[2][3]-Wiki

The rapture is an event that will take place sometime in the near future. Jesus will come in the air, catch up all Christians from the earth, and then return to heaven with the Church. We believe this event will take place before the tribulation.

The teaching of the rapture is most clearly presented by Paul in the first books and Thessalonians and Corinthians:

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words." (1 Thes. 4:16-18).

"Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal [must] put on immortality" (1 Cor. 15:51-53).

In these passage Paul informs his readers that living Christians at the time of the rapture will be reunited with those who have died in Christ before them. In 1 Thes. 4:17 the English phrase "caught up" translates from the Greek word harpazo, which means "to seize upon with force" or "to snatch up." This word is used 14 times in the Greek New Testament in a variety of ways.

Sometimes the New Testament uses harpazo with the sense of "stealing," "carrying off," or "dragging away" (Matthew 12:29; John 10:12). It also can have the meaning of "to lead away forcibly" (John 6:15; 10:28,29; Acts 23:10; Jude 23). However, for our purposes, a third usage is significant. This usage is that of God"s Spirit carrying someone away. We see this usage illustrated in Acts 8:39 where Philip, upon completion of the baptism of the Ethiopian eunuch, is raptured or "caught up" and divinely transported from the desert to the coastal town of Azotus. Similarly, the church will, in a moment of time, be taken from earth to heaven. It is not surprising that contemporary author Hal Lindsey has called this unique event "The Great Snatch."

People who like to figure these things out claim that "the twinkling of an eye" (1 Corinthians 15:52) is about one-thousandth of a second. When Paul says that all Christians who are alive at the time of the rapture will be changed "in a flash," he uses the Greek word atomos, from which we get our word "atom." The rapture will take place in the smallest division of time- one "atom" of time. In a flash, every living follower of Christ will be gone.

There is wide agreement among those who study Bible prophecy that several passages of Scripture teach a future resurrection of deceased church members, a sudden gathering of those who are still alive at that time, and a "catching away" of these people into heaven. This expected "catching away" is usually called the Rapture. Some call it the Rapture of the Church. But while there is wide agreement that the Rapture will happen, there are different opinions about when it will happen in relation to the Tribulation Period. Most experts believe the Rapture will occur before the Tribulation Period. Their belief is called the Pre-Tribulation Rapture Theory. A small minority of experts believe the Rapture will occur at the middle of the Tribulation Period and their belief is called the Mid-Tribulation Rapture Theory. Another group believes the Rapture will occur at the end of the Tribulation period and their belief is called the Post-Tribulation Rapture Theory.

Rapture critics like to claim that the word "rapture" is not located in the Bible. It may not be in the King James, but the word "rapture" is found in the Bible, if you have the Latin Vulgate produced by Jerome in the early 400s. The Vulgate was the main Bible of the medieval Western Church until the Reformation. It continues to this day as the primary Latin translation of the Roman Catholic Church.

It was Protestants who introduced the word "rapture" into the English language from the Latin raeptius. It was Jerome's Vulgate that translated the original Greek verb harpazo used by Paul, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, in 1 Thes. 4:17, which is usually translated into English with the phrase "caught up." The leading Greek Lexicon say

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

Most Christians believe in an ἁρπάζω...
...what most don't agree on is when this will take place.

The idea that it will occur prior to the Tribulation is a fairly recent innovation...
...and although it has current popular support in America...
...it has not been and is globally not the predominant understanding.

I believe it is a deception...
...and the real ἁρπάζω will occur following the Tribulation.

The pre-tribulation position is based on 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17

"For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

However a parallel passage places this event after the tribulation...

Matthew 24:29-31 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other."

[edit on 16/5/10 by troubleshooter]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Reply to the original poster.

You are using the same technique that Satan used when tempting Jesus (or, if you are honest, then you are making a serious mistake). Satan was trying to trick Jesus by quoting single scripture verses OUT OF CONTEXT, and pretending they mean something else. (We can see that Satan is misinterpreting the verses by the replyes that Jesus gives)

Anyway... onwards.

3. Christians do not have special protection from abduction unless invoked.

"He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust." Matthew 5: 45.

The above verse refers to humans, not to spirits.

Here is the full context:

Matthew 5:44 But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Christians are CERTAINLY NOT commanded to love DEMONS ! They are commanded to LOVE their HUMAN enemys. Just like Jesus, when while being on he cross sayd "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do". (I hope you too do not know what you do, and are not doing this crap intentionally)

Here is Jesus explaining that the kingdom of God and that of Satan are oposed, and are not supposed to cooperate with eachother. And also he tells you that He (Jesus) came to tie up Satan and steal his posessions (free people from demons by whom they are "posessed").

22Then a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute was brought to Jesus, and He healed him, so that the mute man spoke and saw.
(...)
24 But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, “This man casts out demons only by Beelzebul the ruler of the demons.”
25And knowing their thoughts Jesus said to them, “Any kingdom divided against itself is laid waste; and any city or house divided against itself will not stand.
26“If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then will his kingdom stand?
27“If I by Beelzebul cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out? For this reason they will be your judges.
28“But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.
29“Or how can anyone enter the strong man’s house and carry off his property, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house.
(Mark 3:24-29)

What do you call this:

17The seventy returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.”
18And He said to them, “I was watching Satan fall from heaven like lightning.
19“Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing will injure you.
20“Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are recorded in heaven.”

You are mistaken, and have things backward. Satan doesnt have any power against people unless they permit it by giving in to temptation, or are victims of trickery. This is what the Devil was trying to achive, to get Jesus to succomb to temptation, and thus to gain power OVER him. If Satan could have kidnapped Jesus for real, he would not have let him go at all. The devil`s power is like that of a dangerous man but who is trapped in a jail cell, and who tryes to talk you or tempt you into letting him out. Off course he is not going to say flat out let me out and I`ll give you a million dollars. He is going to say "I am the king of the world, let me out and I will reward you, and give you great honour. But he not the king of anything. Except the king of lies.

John 8:44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

"Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." Ephesians 6:13.

That quote refers to exactly what I said. The devil trying to gain power over you by making you give in to temptations. Here is the full context of that verse:

11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

'But though we, or a heavenly being (Alien) teach any other gospel to you than that which we have taught, let him be accursed."Galatians 1:8

An alien is not a heavenly being because it is made from flesh. (Alien flesh that is). Look at the verses I quoted just above:

12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Demons on the other hand can masquerade as various things, including aliens.

Disclosure is quickly coming upon us. It's a shame that some are willing and ready to accept it.

Unfortunately, manipulation and lies are also coming upon us, and you are proof of this.

Prividing a bunch of pro-something arguments in form of questions is a manipulation technique, where somebody who doesnt have one shred of evidence can make it sound like he does, by shifting the focus away from the fact that HE is the one who has to bring up proof, to making it look like you cant disprove his theory (because you cant be bothered to answer his million ridiculous questions),so if you cant disprove it then it must be true.

* What ...
* What ...
* What ...
* Bla bla bla...

(manipulation technique highlighted above)

* What single event could unify this politically splintered, anti Christian, and racially segregated planet under a one-world,

[edit on 16-5-2010 by randomguy]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This sums it all up:

No man knows the hour nor the day, but let those that have eyes to see and ears to hear and the gift of discernment know the season.

it is likely the OP is correct. My odds are on the OP

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by randomguy

I think you missed the heart of the thread, Im saying aliens are devil's and demons. I believe the rapture is coming and like you say no one knows when. also I believe that the delusion that follows is these demons showing up in ships and our governments disclosing all knowledge of ufo's for a cover. I can't find any other event that could occur that could be used.
Think about it. Millions of Christians suddenly vanish. There will be those left who were close to Christians and will reconise what just happened. I think maybe those people may end up in the Fema camp's. But if left unchecked they will exspose the truth.

Let me say this. The Bible say's there will be a time of peace and safety following the rapture possibly 3 1/2 years. Can you see a time of peace and safety following an event that would prove the Bible true and alerting the lost that they only have seven years left. So therefore the delusion and the lie about it has to be equally as strong as the truth. And I cannot think of anything that would be as big as alien (demonic) disclosure.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

Great post, and right down my alley, friend. Mind if I add to it?

4. Scripture tells us that it will happen again.

"But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be." Matthew 24: 37. "They will mingle with the seed of men." Daniel 2: 43.

Read that: "Sun of Man" instead of the bible way, and you get Planet X and the Annunaki, who came here and masqueraded as Gods while making a slave race to serve them. This event as described in the bible will happen again, the signs for this are in stone all over the world, but people are still blind to it.

"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers (Satans) of the heaven will be shaken." Luke 21: 25-26.

I can see the signs in the Sun, Moon and Stars right now, and I can see the oceans being ruined with trash and oil. Mother Earth reels in distress, she is sick, and no one will help Her to regain Her power and former beauty. Man has trampled Her under foot as they raped the land and built their civilizations, and she was raped again as they tore up the grounds and soaked them with the blood of man in endless wars and fighting.

Disclosure is quickly coming upon us. It's a shame that some are willing and ready to accept it.

If you mean by Disclosure that ET will appear, you are right, they are here already, watching and waiting to see what we will do. When the Blue Star appears in the skies and we are involved in a war not of our making, then perhaps we can all stand together as one.
I sincerely believe that NASA'S PROJECT BLUE BEAM will be unveiled upon mankind, and the rest will be history for the faithful. The Blue Beam project will pretend to be the universal fulfillment of the biblical prophecies. In principle, it will make use of the sky as a movie screen as spaced based laser generating satellites project simultaneous images to the fours corners of the planet in every language in every dialect according to region...it deals with the religious aspect of the new world order. Computers will coordinate the satellites and software will run the show and tell.. with computer animation and sound effects appearing to come from the depths of space, astonished follower's will witness their own returned messiah in spectacular convincing life like realness. This technology was tested during the Gulf War, remember how the Republican Guard just gave up?

This is to be done using 3 technologies: the vastly improved Philadelphia Experiment coils and computers, the Omega Project and the Star Wars Technology.

This technology will convince viewers around the world that the rapture
is at hand. Use of Omega Mind Control Project super dishes to transmit
pulses to the viewers to enter the rapture and Philadelphia (now called
Phoenix Project) technology to transmit and forever defuse the body
material of every willing sheep. Reason: depopulation, control and the
first step towards the false UFO invasion which is to come next in the
fall time frame to establish a one world government.

High Endoatmospheric Defense Interceptor (HEDI) Technology Testing

So, if you see the Christ in the sky, and he beckons you to come board the spacecraft, don't fall for it, it is a fake show. There is no "Messiah" coming to "save us," this is a lie. We have to save ourselves, we have to do it! If we could just sit and do nothing until the Savior came
then life and learning would be a moot point, wouldn't it? What would be the purpose if we could just be saved from our own mistakes?

On a side note, there will be craft for those who know who they are, and wish to go back home. Those who have attained ascension will go also. The rest will die, their Soul material neutralized to remove all negativity and other dross. Then the process begins again.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

I'm sorry, but this just doesn't follow what the Bible says.

Sigh. Again, the Bible does not have a lock on the truth. Which version do you have? Have you read it through? Have you read the other religious texts, such as the Dead Sea Scrolls?
How about the Apocrypha? Ever study the other religions, to see if there are any connections there? Just asking.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Hold on to omnipresent Love.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

Loken68, I have to correct you here. The word "Rapture" does not appear in the Christian bible, but is in fact a Theory propagated by John Nelson Darby, a 19th-century theologian. Here are the Bible texts that Christians think tells them of a coming "Rapture."

1 Corinthians 15:51-54 - Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed - in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: "Death has been swallowed up in victory."

1 Thess: 4:15-18 - According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage each other with these words.
(KJV Bible)

First description of Christ's coming for his believers:

Matthew 24:29-31 - Immediately after the distress of those days
" 'the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.'

"At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

(KJV Bible)

To many it is both amazing and shocking to discover that neither the word rapture nor the doctrine/teaching of a "secret rapture" is to be found in any bible translation. Moreover, it is not even mentioned in any "christian" literature prior to the year 1830.

Dave MacPherson, author of The Unbelievable Pre-Trib Origin, reveals that the "rapture" teaching born in England during the mid-1800's. MacPherson's research found that a Church of Scotland minister, named Edward Irving, was the first to preach the "rapture gospel."

Just how the "rapture" theory occurred to Irving is an intriguing facet of modern churchianity's history. Irving held some eccentric positions on the use of "spiritual" gifts, including speaking in tongues and prophesying. He contended that these gifts were for the present day "church", and had quite a few followers of his radical notions. However, when chaotic disturbances arose in Irving's services during the manifestations of these "gifts", the Church of Scotland took action, dismissing Irving from his position as minister in 1832.

The ultimate result of Irving's dismissal was the formation of the Catholic Apostolic Church, which still exists until this day. Irving's movement grew and became the basis of modern day pentecostalism. The natural evolution of this movement has resulted in the recent emergence of the "Toronto Laughing Spirit" phenomenon which has seduced and mislead more than a few well-intentioned people.

However, in 1830 during one of Irving's sessions before his dismissal, a young Scottish girl, named Margaret MacDonald, fell into a "trance". After several hours of "vision" and "prophesying" she revealed that "christ's" return would occur in two phases, not just one. "Christ" would first come visibly to only the righteous, then He would come a second time to execute wrath on the unrighteous in the nations.

This "secret rapture" was promoted by Irving claiming he, too, had heard a "voice" from heaven commanding him to teach it. (Some modern researchers submit that Irving's speculations of the "rapture were influenced by the Spanish Jesuit priest, Lacunza whose book Irving had translated in 1827 under the title, The coming of the Messiah in Glory and Majesty)

John Darby, an Englishman and pioneer of the "Plymouth Brethren" movement became caught up in the rapture philosophies of Irving. When Darby heard about Irving's activities, he traveled to Scotland to talk with Irving and his followers about the "secret rapture". It was Darby who became the master developer of "scriptural" arguments to support the theory/doctrine that evolved.

Darby's development of the "rapture" theory has since become widely popularized in Britain and finally in the U.S., largely as a result of Cyrus Scofield's notes in his Scofield Reference Bible.

Belief in the "secret rapture" doctrine has become so widespread among today's "evangelicals" and "fundamentalists" that many sitting in the pews assume that the teaching dates back to the apostles themselves and the Messiah. Regardless of whom one regards as the originator of the teaching — whether Irving, Darby, Margaret MacDonald, or a Jesuit priest - one thing is obvious; the "secret rapture" theory is of relatively recent origin. Moreover, it has no basis in fact nor was it ever a teaching of the Messiah, Apostles, or the early movement begun by Messiah.

ORIGIN OF THE SECRET RAPTURE THEORY

If we are now accepting theories as facts, I have some theories for you!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Sorry the dead sea scrolls are considered by most as tainted.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Please stay on topic, it's not a debate of when the rapture will occur.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Again please stay on topic, it is not a debate on when the rapture will occur.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by randomguy

I need a mod to remove these off topic post.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68
reply to post by troubleshooter

Please stay on topic, it's not a debate of when the rapture will occur.

Of course it is about when it will occur...
...your topic reads "Christians are about to be abducted."

If then the rapture does not occur until after the Tribulation...
...then Christians are not about to be abducted...
...unless you think we are in the Tribulation right now.

If you are unable to establish a case for a pre-tribulation rapture...
...then there is no basis for your assertion in the OP.

So put up a case or withdraw your contention.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join