It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western Women's right [THE TRUTH]

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

There is an excellent thread about male sexual assault here:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

You are quite correct in that most people or even women are not competition shooters. Quite right.

In this case the woman was indeed a competition shooter. Does this mean that she should pay some kind of premium to put ointment on the "Victimization" of those who will not take the responsibility of defending or standing up for themselves?

Does this imply that the rest of us should do the same ..pay a steep price for these woman who feel mal aligned??

I am not responsible for the fate of these women....or their rights. I agree with what Jean Paul Zodeaux is saying in the beginning of their post here...

Rights are framed as "civil rights" which are legal rights granted by governments as opposed to Inalienable Rights which are non transferable and can not be granted, but rather exist from birth.

Someone out here has been for some time playing the "Victim" card in order to gain political leverage over others....for votes/power. It has worked very successfully.

They are causing division..not unity among peoples..and the OPs post clearly shows this.

They are destroying the family unit for political leverage and power.

This is the pattern of operation in Marxist nations where "The State is God..as GFW Hegel is quoted.

Replacing inalienable rights with civil rights gives tremendous power to government...just like Marxist nations.

Oozyism,

I have asked you this before, but seriously, who am I blaming?

What the F am I blaming lol?

What the F are you talking about?

Do you have any clue any more?

I have read your threads from some time back with predictability. You like many, politicians educated in public schools paid for and financed by politics, are running the same template of blame...divide and conquer ..to get visibility and self justification.

It is the same "Victim Dictum" so heavily used/misused by Phil Donahue so many years ago.
What Phil Donahue did was spawn a generation of voyeurs who lived off the "Victim Dictum" to justify their never growing up and taking responsibility for their actions, lack of knowledge, or lack of either. Today they are justified in the blame game by DNA and Lie detector tests.
Their audiences are primarily women/females, and effeminate men. They are watchers ...not doers or thinkers. They tend to be a highly emotional bunch who need their emotional fix. What Phil Donahue did was to institutionalize such Voyeurism. What also happened as a result of this was that the body politic did not miss out on the concept that "Victimization" can be used as a powerful change agent to mold the public to steer a certain course for power and control.
But the ones on whom the body politic intend to control ..and use/misuse with this operational template...must be easily put on the emotional string.
They must be able to be lead to believe that their emotions are the same thing as what is right and correct...ie...moral. Not what the law of the land states..but what ones Human emotions say.

I am saying what Jean Paul Zodeaux has said..but from a different tack.

You are a heavily emotional individual..that is clear by the bulk of your posts on ATS/BTS. That is fine..no problem with me on this. I merely make note of it. Not to you...as an individual..but to the readers out here who will be reading these threads/posts.
The place it causes division here is that not everyone here thinks that emotions are what is right just and moral.

There are people out here who believe in individual thinking and responsibility..not "Victimization." These people also have a lack of confidence in the concept that a government will take care of them at any level. These peoples are also not interested in guilt conditioning so popular today and as you are want to do.

This is the crux of your blame game. It does not work on me and it obviously does not work on other posters her as well.

Jean Paul Zodeaux,

I have dated older women for most of my life. They taught me how aggressive a woman can be. Also how sexually aggressive a woman can be. They also taught me how provoking a woman can be when she does not get what she believes she needs or that to which she thinks she is socially/emotionally entitled. They also taught me how competitive women can be at any age.
They did not intend to teach me this as I was able to figure out ..no woman teaches a man about women to lose them to another woman. They are not that noble.

What they also taught me is how provoking a woman can be if she does not get what she needs or believes herself "entitled." This is seldom in any statistics.

When you watch all the groups in this world who use the "Victim Dictum" for political leverage ...the common thread among them is that they are highly and emotionally charged groups.

Race issues, women's issues, and homosexual issues are all highly emotionally charged. Politicians have correctly gauged this pulse in these groups and also that these groups reside in high electoral vote states. The attempt over the years has been to capitalize on these people emotionally as "Victims" and then get them to vote a certain predictable, controllable, malleable way.

Emotions combined with the accompanying self justification and government granted rights are become the new moral high ground in this country.

You are exactly correct in what you state about "Civil Rights " Replacing Inalienable Rights. This is happening right in front of us as we speak.
It is also what the OP is pushing in this thread...complete with emotions.

Well stated....well said.

Thanks to all for their posts,
Orangetom

[edit on 16-5-2010 by orangetom1999]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999

More women should know how to take care of themselves and their families..not depend on the government to do it for them. Same thing with the men. They should work together as a unit..to do so.

You will find that such criminal behavior will drop off quickly when this happens.

People working in units ? Aren't people already doing that ?? In Australia we call these groups gangs or thugs ? Your philosophy is an eye for an eye but often this kind of mentality leads to revenge killings and gangland wars etc ? What about the innocent victims that get caught up in the crossfire ? Hmmmm

Around here many years ago..there was a rash of women being assaulted in the parking lot of a 24 hour grocery store. They were being beaten and their purses/monies/goods stolen. The local police either did not take it seriously or did not want to spend the dollars or manpower to watch over this parking lot. Nor did the owners of this store chain. The perpetrators found these women very easy marks........until one of them ran across a woman who was a competition shooter. When the perp tried to rob her..she pulled out her competition .45 ACP and shot him in the leg. When he went down she shot him between the eyes.

They officials were going to prosecute her for murder until the public outcry became so outraged over the inability of the police/politicians to handle this crime wave..for so long. This became big local news.
The robbery/assault rate dropped to zero..overnight. One woman accomplished what all the politicians and police could not do for over a year. They dropped the charges.

The victims were beaten and had items stolen but I am assuming they all survived ? So she shot the perpetrator in the leg - incapacitating him / her and then without hesitation continued on and shot him / her in the head ? Were there any witnesses / cameras in the area ? I don't have much faith in human nature or people's ability to control their emotions and to be quite honest it just makes my blood run cold contemplating what it must be like living in a city where every second or third person is carrying a gun ??

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

"In this case the woman was indeed a competition shooter. Does this mean that she should pay some kind of premium to put ointment on the "Victimization" of those who will not take the responsibility of defending or standing up for themselves?"

SShe was a competition shooter who frankly was fortunate as her skills led for a happy ending. I am very glad for her. I have shot pistols and know for a fact that hitting a moving target (s) of more than 30 ft away can be difficult IN COMBAT CONDITIONS.

What would you have written if it was an unsuccessful outcome. Too bad??

How about if she missed with the first shot and it killed a kid across the street???? Would it be too bad?

I say there are attitudes in men that lead to these manifestations of oppression for women. Some women do some dumb things but we must look at our male conduct. Can you not see how an agressor can work around a gun. Suppose if they start shooting first at women or tasering them randomly. Most people do not walk around with their guns drawn. Is that your solution?

So it takes say what 1000hrs to be an entry level competent competition shooter. Who has the time / inclination to do this? Should everyone do this or should we leave it to humanity to develop some decenc? Do you own a gun shop perchance.

So she blows away these creeps hooray and then has a mental collapse is this great?? There is a thread on ATS about military suicides> If the army trains killers who then kill themselves what about civilians??

I have served my countries and respect the military and I am not disrespecting anyone here but I don’t believe the competition shooting concealed weapon scenario is the answer to all issues.

Behind all of this is this issue of victim rights or whatever

Does this imply that the rest of us should do the same ..pay a steep price for these woman who feel mal aligned??

It seems to be a more than feeling maligned or even a broken finger nail.

Anyway. You have female relatives, and women who you love.....

Think it through. I wish you well but I hope that fate does not teach you a lesson.

I am not a feminist man and I don't think I have liked femeinists but this is an issue of human rights. Yes I have female relatives and women that I love.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
post some facts from africa, darfur, or even canada and then tell me what your point is exactly?

we arent all perfect but unlike alot of others we do whatever we can whenever we can to help stop and prevent these crimes

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by destiny-fate

destiny-fate,

People working in units ? Aren't people already doing that ?? In Australia we call these groups gangs or thugs ? Your philosophy is an eye for an eye but often this kind of mentality leads to revenge killings and gangland wars etc ? What about the innocent victims that get caught up in the crossfire ? Mmm

Please tell me that you did not go to the same public school system as did Ozzy's?? Majoring in emotions??

Around here we call people working in units..together ...we call them families...or even neighbors.

I am not proposing an eye for an eye. I am saying that when government does not work or is ineffective ..people have ways of solving the problem for themselves.

What about the innocent victims that get caught up in the crossfire ? Mmm

No one got caught up in the crossfire here. What are you talking about or are you just as fear mongering as does Ooyism'??

Were there any witnesses / cameras in the area ? I don't have much faith in human nature or people's ability to control their emotions and to be quite honest it just makes my blood run cold contemplating what it must be like living in a city where every second or third person is carrying a gun ??

This was over 30 years ago and there were no cameras back then.
Everywhere in this country where concealed and open carry are allowed..like in this state..crime has dropped. Particularly assaults, robberies and rapes. What are you thinking here.

In this state we can carry concealed and open both. I carried concealed today when going out.

Tiger5,

I have shot pistols and know for a fact that hitting a moving target (s) of more than 30 ft away can be difficult IN COMBAT CONDITIONS.

You are quite correct in the above quote. Hitting a moving target at any distance can be difficult but as a rule..the further away the more difficult.
However..I do not believe this target was very far away from her as he was going after her goodies or purse/monies. This individual just picked the wrong target.

What would you have written if it was an unsuccessful outcome. Too bad??

This did not happen in this case so this point is moot.

There was another instance like this about one or two years ago..here out west where a woman..some 70 or 80 years old..a former Miss America in the 1940s came out of her barn and confronted someone loading up their vehicle with her goods from her house. She pulled out her gun without hesitation and shot the tires out of the vehicle. The perp took off and ran down the road. Now this was a crusty salty old woman. I salute her as well and state we need more of this type as well. She refused to be a victim even at her age.

en.wikipedia.org...

How about if she missed with the first shot and it killed a kid across the street???? Would it be too bad?

Moot point. It did not happen in either case. Everywhere concealed or open carry both are allowed..crime has dropped. Apparently two legged wildlife fear the armed public more than they fear the local constabulary.

but I don’t believe the competition shooting concealed weapon scenario is the answer to all issues.

I never said or make any such claim that shooting someone is the answer to all issues. Where from are you getting this conclusion...Drama?? Television?? Movies??

I am not a feminist man and I don't think I have liked femeinists but this is an issue of human rights. Yes I have female relatives and women that I love.

I am not a feminist man as well. No use for it. Nor for much of what passes for male today.
This is a issue of decency and individual rights in the ability of people to be left to conduct their own business..private business uninterrupted and to handle their private properties..including their persons/personal safety.
I too have people for whom I love and take certain responsibilities..including elderly parents.

I have taught a number of females to shoot. Whether they take the responsibility to arm and defend themselves is up to them. It is their individual decision. They have been taught. I do not make this decision for them. They are free to choose how they conduct their affairs...including the "Victim Card."

Thanks to all for their posts,
Orangetom

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

As a US woman, I concurr.

You cannot declare that any of the stats you supply are caused, endorsed, or ignored by the USA in general. We just keep better records. I noticed you didn't supply how many cases where someone was arrested, tried, and convicted. We have the laws and systems in place to make such abuse unlawful. Look at the countries where treatment of women can only be described as an atrocity, or where women are denied the same basic rights as the men. Who is doing the better job?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
When the other areas being referred to for comparison don't consider many things abuse, and don't even have ways to report the value of your statistics becomes quite clear.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Women's Right is suppose to protect Women, so why isn't women being protected in the US as the statistics shows?

I'll answer this one... complete protection of ANYONE would require constant supervision. Constant supervision would imply a complete lack of freedom, completely invalidating the question of both protection and freedom.

Speaking for myself only, I'd rather take a chance at being a statistic like you mention than being constantly guarded by a male (like in SA) who has the potential to be either benevolent/malevolent. My freedom depends upon me making those choices.

Both good and bad things happen to people each and every day. The difference between here and there? Well, in the US bad things happening ARE NOT state sanctioned. The state punishes the offenders. In Saudi Arabia, bad things are state sanctioned and victims are punished rather than the offenders.

So using logic, western women have the CHOICE where SA women DO NOT. And also using logic, your argument falls apart quicker than a SA woman fleeing male domination's burqa on touchdown at JFK.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
That is what they do. They "protect" by taking away anything that resembles a human life away from women. And expect evertyone to be happier with safety than a life.

And for some that is the case.

I will not give up freedom for safety. Not as citizen, not as a voter, not as a person, and not as a woman.

The women in those areas trade being cloistered and abused by their nearest male relatives and get sold that this is better than being abused by strangers.

Stockholm syndrome as an admired cultural trait. God save me.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join