It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook founder ridicules original members for being trusting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Facebook founder ridicules original members for being trusting

www.theregister.co.uk

Loveable Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg called his first few thousand users “dumb [*SNIP*]” for trusting him with their data, published IM transcripts show. Facebook hasn’t disputed the authenticity of the transcript.

Zuckerberg was chatting with an unnamed friend, apparently in early 2004. Business Insider, which has a series of quite juicy anecdotes about Facebook’s early days, takes the credit for this one.

The exchange apparently ran like this:
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Removed profanity from title.

[edit on 5/14/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
This is how the dialogue ran

"Zuck: People just submitted it.

Zuck: I don't know why.

Zuck: They "trust me"

Zuck: Dumb [*SNIP*]"

Well i am not a face book user. if you do not know already facebook has been selling/sharing info with the NSA about it's users. Also the sire is frequented be the FED's (Google LA times feds on face book) be care about how much info you put on it.

www.theregister.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod edit: Removed profanity from title.

[edit on 5/14/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Man, I am so glad I never opened a facebook account.

All you folks with an account, doesn't it make you feel great that you made that schmuck rich?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I don't pay a dime to him...had my account for 3 years now...never paid a cent...but HAVE been able to keep in touch with many friends from days gone by.....again its not rocket science...its the internet...if you CHOOSE to put in personal info and post personal stuff...then only YOU are to blame for whatever happens....not the guy providing a service where the only thing that really even needs to be real is your email address...other then that you can fake everything else and still use the site....so not sure why people care so much....just stop being so damn open if you don't want backlash...

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
facebook has been down for over 24 hours now something strange is going on.
site down for rutine mantiance be back in a few hours been over 24.
and i just have a blank profile there facebook myspace tagged are great places to find people who you lost .Like my sister for one i found her on myspace then again on facebook and i had looked every way else.
and blam you may know this person and blam hey THATS MY sister so cool.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Have to say I agree with him. Sorry if that seems rude.

Members of other social networking sites founded with CIA money....same thing.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxcalbier
facebook has been down for over 24 hours now something strange is going on.
site down for rutine mantiance be back in a few hours been over 24.
and i just have a blank profile there facebook myspace tagged are great places to find people who you lost .Like my sister for one i found her on myspace then again on facebook and i had looked every way else.
and blam you may know this person and blam hey THATS MY sister so cool.

Just logged into my account fine like. It is not down. On a separate note if people are dumb enough to put things on there that they might regret then he is talking to you.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by LeaderOfProgress]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
He is a good businessman for knowing his customers so well.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Vinveezy

I'm someone who has invested in several companies, and own one. I'm not alone when I say a lot of us believe you should treat staff and customers with respect. I lost it when I read this. To view customers and staff with any disdain, let alone open your mouth about it, thats the world of those with a God complex and con men. Someone approaches me for funds, I ask the following questions in the following order: I want to know everything about the people involved, then I want to know about the product, etc. Theres a very small chance in hell this kid will ever get a chance to play with others people's money again.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
zuckerberg is right

top topics

join