It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin Tells NRA Convention Obama Would Ban Guns if He Could

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

what do you mean, that guns can also be used to scare people into your way of thinking?

seems pretty nasty that! and again, not a very nice thing at all!

Out of all the possible interpretations of my statement, yours wins the cigar for silliness.

Surely you're not serious, are you? I didn't think so.

But thanks for the laugh, anyway.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeDeZo

The point is thus. We have enough government in our lives.

Responsible people that view gun ownership as their 2nd ammendment right choose to be properly educated in the handling and firing of guns.

Responsible people understand a gun is a lethal weapon.

Responsible people use guns for what they are intended for. To hunt and to defend ones self.

Irresponsible people, no matter how much training or licensing or anything they receive, will continue to handle and use guns irresponsibly.

They key to gun ownership on the stance of self defense is to be be able, and allowed to defend ones self against unresponsible gun owners.

As I stated before, bring a knife to a gunfight, I can tell you who will lose.

As I stated before, if you ban guns, only the criminals will own guns.

So by banning guns, you are in effect, creating victims.

Irresponsible gun owners that attack responsible gun owners are not victims, they are attempted murderers that usually learn they were irresponsible gun owners.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by -Blackout-

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Sarah Palin told NRA members meeting here that the only reason President Obama and his allies aren't trying to limit gun ownership rights is the fear of a political backlash.

"Don't doubt for a minute that, if they thought they could get away with it, they would ban guns and ban ammunition and gut the Second Amendment," Palin told the annual NRA gathering Friday.

FULL STORY

I'd like to see them try to take away my right to bear arms.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by -Blackout-]

So President Obama would like to do something but will not do it because of the fear of political backlash? Good, your government is working the way it is supposed to in this instance.

There are tons of things politicians would want to do but don't because it'd be political suicide. How many old Dixiecrats would have wanted to repeal the Civil Rights Act? How many liberals want to re-open trade with Cuba? How many hawks want to go to war with Iran?

I can tell you the name of one, Sarah Palin, except she's actually come out and pushed for it, sending her further into the abyss that is irrelevancy.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Folks...just remember one thing...her audience.

She was addressing an NRA convention.

What did you expect her to talk about? The brilliance of the Brady Bill?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

So President Obama would like to do something but will not do it because of the fear of political backlash? Good, your government is working the way it is supposed to in this instance.

There are tons of things politicians would want to do but don't because it'd be political suicide. How many old Dixiecrats would have wanted to repeal the Civil Rights Act? How many liberals want to re-open trade with Cuba? How many hawks want to go to war with Iran?

That is a bit misleading though.

It appears to be working, on the outside, to people that do no delve further into it to find the real story.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hence, Americans could expect to see licensing restrictions, bans on most semi-automatic firearms, an end to private sales at gun shows, and much more.

President Barack Obama made promises to protect Second Amendment rights during his campaign. But he seems perfectly happy using the United Nations to enact gun restrictions that he cannot otherwise get passed in the Congress.

Remember the President’s startling proclamation during the State of the Union speech in January? When the Senate voted down a commission he wanted, he said this: “Yesterday, the Senate blocked a bill that would have created this commission. So I will issue an executive order that will allow us to go forward.”

gunowners.org...

Sidestepping an issue, the sneaking in the back door to accomplish the same goal is *not* "working as intended".

This is how the president gets things done when he wants to keep his hands from getting dirty in public.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Sarah Palin would tell people she's the virgin Mary if she'd believe that to help her cause...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Of course they want to ban guns. I think it is the only way next to registring them all they can keep tabs on what cilv's have in case we have a new civil war. If they take away most or half of it. Do you think we stand a better chance of being invaded? We lost almost of our eastern sea board military bases and all you got is coast gaurd. Im in Ohio I know there is a base in WV mountains its not on the map . WE was hiking abd was asked to turn around on way down. You can look over and see a clearing on this hill side. you could see that they was over there doing something. Heard missle silo heard safe bunker who knows.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by breezzer99

OMG, the US don't highlight their missile silos or all military bases on maps...those fools!! Why don't they wanna show the whole world where those bases are?? It would make total sense...NOT!!

And gun registration and regulation is a good thing, stricter rules would have prevented the incident at Virginia Tech for example. I mean, a mentally ill person was able to get a gun, how insane is that?!!

<< 3  4  5   >>

join