It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin Tells NRA Convention Obama Would Ban Guns if He Could

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritwomyn

All he has to do is declare martial law. And believ me when they do, they will be way prepared for your reaction. Don't think they are stupid, this is a long term plan and each piece painstakingly put into place. All of you supposed Americans however don't do squat to help each other so when it hits noone will have your back. I know. Right now we are being maligned and accused and standing trial for absolutely nothing, but be at the recieving end of a mentally disturbed person and false allegations. Yet there is none inside or outside the supposed "patriot" movement to help us. So if we can not count on any help now, do you actually think you will have in when martial law is declared? Do you think they will politely knock on your door? So naive. All the warnings and you think it will just be on the nightly news and you will have time to prepare. ATS the place for Dumb and Dumber to hang out.

Spiritwomyn = en.wikipedia.org...

Because some people = en.wikipedia.org... does not mean we also = Naive or Dumb.. Or even Dumber. You lack logic, probably because you are an emotional woman & not a "bro".

Not everyone see's the glass half empty lady.

You think I need a nightly news report? I've been ready for 16 years. Fish, hunt, trap, forest farm etc. You think the patriots are fools? No, there is a reason we see the truth. We are not dumb.

Spiritwomyn you make the bold and risky assumption that your experience in life is the same as others. I have personally helped 3 families find work and deal with these hard times in our community.

You forgot where you are. You are in America. Our founders invented Guerrilla warfare on this land. The Koreans perfected it in theirs. If our government turns evil and tries to overpower, I don't think it will go down as they would like to fear you into believing. Let us pray our liberty can be retained peacefully. The last thing this country needs is another civil war.

But if it came down to that, I'm certain it would be guerrilla. Urban and wild guerrillas. You can have troops march down the streets all you want, but when any house in a suburb can be home to prepared snipers and vigilant patriots, well, as history has proven time and time again. This war method is supreme in comparison to standing armors.

People forgot to easily what history teaches. You are the Naive one here. Go do your homework and come back prepared.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

erm, stupid people with guns kill most ppl!

GUNS KILL MOST PEOPLE!
alot of americans are also pretty stupid, as your first reply to this prooves..

way to back up the argument, a politician says someones going to ban guns and the first thing you say is...

I'd like to see them try to take away my right to bear arms.

why, what are you going to do, shoot them?

seriously, being non america and in a country where guns are rightly banned except for people with liciences ect, its so blatant that guns are bad, but americans just dont get this for some reason, always going back to ranting about how "its their right to bear arms" ... you know pedophiles think its their right to abuse children, and serial killers think its their right to kill people of their choosing!

just saying, think about it! threatening any sort of violence when ppl threaten your precious guns is a pretty big freeking statement that kind of prooves people shouldnt be allowed to own guns willy nilly, esspecialy you, as clearly you would shoot someone !

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

First I would like to say that I do not like Obama and I do not support gun control...

With that said, it sounds to me like Sarah made this statement since all her (and many others) fear mongering about Obama coming to take everyone's guns hasn't even remotely come to fruition. She must have realized that she was going on and on about something that we have no reason to believe will happen.

So she tells everyone to fear that Obama will take their guns, then when she realized he hasn't made such a move (and in fact, doesn't even support gun control), she says, "Ah, see. it's because he's scared. We won the fight!"

Obama has never even attempted to control gun ownership:

Obama anti-gun? No, anti-gun control.

Obama's record on this issue has been largely overlooked — except by the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, which recently issued a report card flunking Obama on all seven issues it deems important. Said President Paul Helmke, "If I had been told, in the days before Barack Obama's inauguration, that his record on gun violence prevention would be this poor, I would not have believed it."

He signed a law permitting guns to be taken into national parks. He signed another allowing guns as checked baggage on Amtrak. He acted to preserve an existing law limiting the use of government information on firearms it has traced.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riposte

Originally posted by tylermbell
obama isn't that extreme.

Oh really?

Well, I'd like to hear Obama's thoughts on why we should have guns. I want to hear him talk about why he wouldn't ban all guns if he could. Anyone got a link?

And "unconstitutional" isn't a reason he can use, because if it wasn't unconstitutional he would ban them in a heartbeat.

Ooooh...oh...oh, I have one, I have one!

Obama anti-gun? No, anti-gun control.

I even have a quote for you too:

Obama declared unequivocally, "I believe in the Second Amendment. I believe in people's lawful right to bear arms. I will not take your shotgun away. I will not take your rifle away. I won't take your handgun away. .. There are some common-sense gun safety laws that I believe in. But I am not going to take your guns away."

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

I will not take your shotgun away. I will not take your rifle away. I won't take your handgun away. .. There are some common-sense gun safety laws that I believe in. But I am not going to take your guns away."

Nah, he doesn't have any intent to take anyone's guns away. None whatsoever.

Obama to seek new assault weapons ban.

The Obama administration will seek to reinstate the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004 during the Bush administration, Attorney General Eric Holder said today.

The good news is that this fell off the agenda as the political winds shifted against the administration on a number of issues last year. Still, if their political fortunes improve between now and 2012, there's no doubt in my mind that they'll bring it up again.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by vor78]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Way to post a WAY old story there dude!

Everyone knows that any gun control measure is DOA in Congress. Shesh oh Pete.

But mention gun control on this board? People start stroking their guns and fapping to a picture of Thomas Jefferson for some reason.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet
seriously, being non america and in a country where guns are rightly banned except for people with liciences ect, its so blatant that guns are bad, but americans just dont get this for some reason

True. We don't get it, because we live and work around firearms every day of our lives. Just because tens of millions of us own guns safely and without incident is meaningless. You guys overseas who get all of your information about American firearms owners from agenda driven magazines, newspapers and television reports have it all figured out, yes sir.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Well, no sh**, dude. I said that it was a story from last year and that they'd since withdrawn their interest in it due to political reasons. But it provides very solid evidence into what they would attempt to do if their political fortunes change.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

i suppose you can tell me what magazines i read?? which is actualy none, their soo freeking 90's dude! ..

It doesnt take a genuis to see guns are bad, guns general purpose are to make things dead, nothing more and nothing less... guns are tools of death and that cannotbe argued with as its blatant fact!

noone has a right or privilage to own anything, esspecialy not guns!

as we have seen in this post, and many many other gun control topics on ATS , whenever the thought of gun control is mentioned a crapoload of people instantly chime in ranting "thar not gonna get my gun as ill shoot them"

and to be honest, thats the single biggest indication that these people shouldnt have guns, as they litrely do want to threaten people with their guns and probably kill people!

not to gun crazies, if you want to save your precious freeking guns, dont go threatening to shoot people who want them banned, its just completly idiotic!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

seriously, being non america

I stopped reading at that point.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

It doesnt take a genuis to see guns are bad, guns general purpose are to make things dead, nothing more and nothing less... guns are tools of death and that cannotbe argued with as its blatant fact!

Is it a fact? I guess I should feel bad about the lives of all of those cans and paper plates that I've shot over the years...but I don't. You see, the overwhelming majority of us aren't running around shooting at each other gangsta style with our guns, which seems to be your perception. To that end, I can't see why I, my neighbors, and all of the tens of millions of others who use their firearms responsibly should be stripped of our rights on the account of a few jackasses who abuse it and who won't obey any gun ban passed, anyway.

And if you think no one has a right to own 'anything', well, that's your opinion, but for my part, you can keep that nanny state, know-what's-best-for-everyone ideological garbage over there.

I will agree with you on one point, though. Some people go overboard with their whole 'take them from my cold dead hands' routine. Its old and tired at this point.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

Nah, he doesn't have any intent to take anyone's guns away. None whatsoever.

Obama to seek new assault weapons ban.

The Obama administration will seek to reinstate the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004 during the Bush administration, Attorney General Eric Holder said today.

As well he should, nobody should own assault weapons. You can have your handguns and shotguns and all that jazz if your not crazy or you haven't committed a crime, thats fine by me. But there's no way you can justify owning assault rifles.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

thats all well and fair, but i think your missing the point.

guns were invented to kill living things, its as simple as that.

guns were not invented as some sort of luxuary item, they were invented to cause death!

i just dont get why so much people love their guns?

of course, their are gun which are relitivly harmless, but even they exist to kill small animals!

i think the only exception to that are bb guns and water pistols!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

I'm not missing the point at all. I know exactly what a firearm is capable of, I've been around them all my life, but I also know that a firearm is an inanimate object. The intent of the user is what makes it dangerous. To that end, even though the people of this region (heck, this state and the surrounding ones, too) are armed to the teeth, there are *very* few areas where I would feel threatened by it.

Here's what I think you guys overseas don't get: if we're not afraid of our neighbors owning firearms, why should you be worried about us?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by VintageEnvy
As well he should, nobody should own assault weapons. You can have your handguns and shotguns and all that jazz if your not crazy or you haven't committed a crime, thats fine by me. But there's no way you can justify owning assault rifles.

That's interesting, considering that handguns generally account for nearly 80% of all firearm related homicides in the US every year. And its no wonder, they're more easily concealed than a scary 'assault rifle'. Not to mention generally cheaper.

And just how do you classify a rifle as an 'assault rifle?' Fully automatic? Well, that's the military definition. Too bad you can't just walk into a gun shop and buy one easily. They're already heavily regulated. Alright, what about semi-automatics? Ok, but where do you draw the line? A lot of hunting rifles are semi-automatics. And what's the fundamental difference between a .223 round fired from an AR-15 and a .223 round fired from a semi-automatic hunting rifle? I guess you can argue magazine capacity, but round per round, there's not much difference at all.

And as for those shotguns...imagine a Mossberg 500 for a moment. Its a 6 round pump action shotgun. Fill it with number 4 buckshot. How many projectiles does that give you the ability to fire in the span of less than 10 seconds?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I own quite a few guns, and never used one to kill anyone. Had some of them a long time, too!

But, I can promise you one thing. The moment someone comes barging in my locked front door, I will mow them down. No questions asked. Do I want that to happen? No, I pray it never does.

Self defense is a perfectly legitimate reason to own a gun, and if they were to ban guns, only the criminals would have them. It doesn't even take a criminal having a gun to try to kill you, but I can promise you that the one bringing a knife to a gunfight will not be the winner.

The entire idea is alien to you because this is how you were raised, and for the life of me, I can't understand why you cannot see that.~

As for the topic of the OP.

There is more than enough evidence that attempts are/have been being made.

Immediately after Obama was elected:
www.americanthinker.com...
www.opencongress.org...

The bill has 0 sponsors and will not be passed.

gunowners.org...

UN Gun Control Coming to Your Neighborhood?
Written by Erich Pratt
Tuesday, 04 May 2010 00:00

Having been stymied in their efforts to enact more gun control at home, U.S. politicians are going global in a back door effort to restrict the firearms of American citizens.

Chicago Mayor Richard Daley is spearheading an effort to get the World Court to do what the courts in our country have refused to do -- namely, find gun makers guilty for the damages caused by their products’ misuse.

Yeah no connection here. Not Obama and Chicago. NO way. Nope.

Chicago’s frivolous lawsuit was dismissed by a liberal Supreme Court in Illinois six years ago. So now, Mayor Daley is trying to get the international court to go after U.S. gun makers.

Now we are about to have an even MORE liberal Supreme Court. With two known Anti-2nd Rights women.
(snip)

Not to be outdone, President Obama is also trying to stick it to American gun owners.

According to Bloomberg News, the Obama administration voted “aye” late last year at the United Nations in support of continued talks that are aimed at regulating firearms. The Obama administration’s vote reversed the Bush Administration’s strong opposition to any arms control treaty that would impact the rights of American gun owners.

To be sure, gun owners can expect any UN small arms treaty to limit their rights.

(snip)

Hence, Americans could expect to see licensing restrictions, bans on most semi-automatic firearms, an end to private sales at gun shows, and much more.

President Barack Obama made promises to protect Second Amendment rights during his campaign. But he seems perfectly happy using the United Nations to enact gun restrictions that he cannot otherwise get passed in the Congress.

Remember the President’s startling proclamation during the State of the Union speech in January? When the Senate voted down a commission he wanted, he said this: “Yesterday, the Senate blocked a bill that would have created this commission. So I will issue an executive order that will allow us to go forward.”

She's crazy, right?

Just because you may not know what's going on doesn't mean it's not going on.

gunowners.org...

Gun Grabbing Legislation
Monday, 10 May 2010 00:00
by Brian Darling--

Last week, the Senate Homeland Security Committee held a hearing on two Lautenberg proposals. The first, S.1317 is a bill that would grant the attorney general the power to deny the transfer of firearms if the AG determines that the transferee is a suspected terrorist. Citizens wrongly placed on a no-fly list would lose their constitutional right to possess a firearm without any due process. The second bill, S.2820, would allow gun records to be maintained by the federal government for six months. These ideas infringe on law-abiding citizens’ right to self defense.

This is the exact reason so many states have restatated their 10th Ammendment Rights.

One state went one step further in telling the federal government to mind their own business:

www.buzzle.com...

States Getting in Line to Battle Federal Gun Control Laws
A law passed in Montana led to lawsuits against the federal government, and other states are enacting similar legislation and lining up to follow Montana’s lead.
In October a state law took effect in Montana that has sent repercussions throughout the entire country. Democratic Gov. Brian Schweitzer signed legislation stating that firearms, accessories, and ammunition that is manufactured entirely within the state of Montana are not subject to federal regulation, including requirements for sellers to keep records and for buyers to go through background checks. The law states that the products would be subject only to state regulation, and the manufacture of machine guns and some large-caliber guns is not permitted.

Anyone thinking they are not gunning for your guns is missing something.

Of course Obama is going to double speak, just as he has done since he started campaigning. His M.O. however, is to let someone else do the dirty work, and claim he is hands off the whole thing. This is how he works, and why he has so many people taking the reigns on things of import. He wants to accept no responsibility if things go awry, but he wants all the glory if it goes well.

The thing is, having the UN do it, he can stand back with the same hands off attitude, though if you pay attention, he has endorsed it from the get go.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by Libertygal]

[edit on 15-5-2010 by Libertygal]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

guns were invented to kill living things, its as simple as that.

guns were not invented as some sort of luxuary item, they were invented to cause death

The neat thing about guns is that they can be used for the opposite purpose - to prevent violence and murder. That's why law-abiding people own them.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Obama declared unequivocally, "I believe in the Second Amendment. I believe in people's lawful right to bear arms. I will not take your shotgun away. I will not take your rifle away. I won't take your handgun away. .. There are some common-sense gun safety laws that I believe in. But I am not going to take your guns away."

hahahahahahahahahahaaa haa.. ahhh... That was a good one. Nunya13, You believe the word of a person PROVIN to lie? He lied about patriot act, lied about putting lobbyist into the white house, lied to immigrates (not that I care i'm against there amnesty anyway, but still), I'll close guantanamo bay, pull troops out of iraq... etc.

I could go on and on... You quoting obama is like, wow. Really?

“This is legislation that puts our own Justice Department above the law. When National Security Letters are issued, they allow federal agents to conduct any search on any American, no matter how extensive or wide-ranging, without ever going before a judge to prove that the search is necessary.”

I can't find it, but he also said straight out, I will not resign the patriot act on his campaign, and the second he had the chance he did, as well as add more provisions to it.

Seriously, quoting a proven liar....lol

[edit on 15-5-2010 by Ciphor]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Ciphor

Actually you should admire Obama in one way. He is dancing in a valley on very thin rope deep canyon under his feet, with angry vile indians on the one side and jewish merchants on the other side demanding him to keep his promises and payments he offered for resque .

(Please do not be offended by this metaphora, I apologize in advance if anyone is offended.)
Got to admire that guy in that way. Bold promises that he made must be balanced with other promises, corporate interests that gave him money for his campaign etc.

Anyway, after consideration perhaps there should be stricter weapon control. All sale and buy deals should be reported to officials so that there would be no non-registered guns at all in use. I mean you don't see anyone driving without license on a public road? ri-iight?
Perhaps every gun owner should be required to take gun handling test...something similiar to drivers license? After all If you use gun you should be able to shoot burglar to right spot? rii-ight?
More corporate responsibility for handling gun's so that illegal guns wouldn't flood on US market?
Just some ideas.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by SpeDeZo]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

what do you mean, that guns can also be used to scare people into your way of thinking?

seems pretty nasty that! and again, not a very nice thing at all!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join