It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin Tells NRA Convention Obama Would Ban Guns if He Could

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Sarah Palin told NRA members meeting here that the only reason President Obama and his allies aren't trying to limit gun ownership rights is the fear of a political backlash.

"Don't doubt for a minute that, if they thought they could get away with it, they would ban guns and ban ammunition and gut the Second Amendment," Palin told the annual NRA gathering Friday.

FULL STORY

I'd like to see them try to take away my right to bear arms.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by -Blackout-]

+27 more 
posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

Relax M8.

Sarah will tell ANY audience what she thinks they want to hear.

I'll be glad when she realizes her political career is over, and starts to

make XXX MILF films.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
she's speaking it...well and publically....i likey

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Every politician wants to have stronger gun control. Wait till another mass murder and it's revealed the murderer used a gun. That would make all the conservatives protest for better gun laws.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Which is stupid IMO.

Guns do not kill people, only stupid people that shouldnt own a gun in the first place kill people.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

obama isn't that extreme.

sarah however, is pretty radical. being a futurist i see the idea of her being president as interesting.
i might be a little evil

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tylermbell

I have been practicing my evil face expressions in the bathroom mirror. Let's just say I'm pretty evil.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
How would a lot of you honestly react though if/when they do take away our right to bear arms in the United States of America?

I for one, would be outraged.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
To be honest Obama would take away America's right to own guns if he could. It's no secret that Obama and his cabinet are on the side of gun control...

Just do a quick google search on his stance concerning gun control and you can see that Palin (although I can't stand her) might be leaning in the right direction on this one.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Can it lead to better ways to punish criminals who own a gun. If only people required by law can own a weapon then that would be much better. Of course guns selling on the street would cost more to purchase one.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Every politician wants to have stronger gun control. Wait till another mass murder and it's revealed the murderer used a gun. That would make all the conservatives protest for better gun laws.

I'd be yelling that if there was less restriction on guns, some upstanding citizen would have blew this guy away before it got out of hand.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

As long as there are strict laws to owning a gun, i'd be all for it. Some people are genuine with their guns and mean no ill intent in owning them.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Lots of people would ban guns if they could. It does not mean they can or will.

Sounds like Sarah is just trying to stir up more anger against the party in power and Obama. The more drama the better, even it's just imagined or speculation.

And not to change the topic...but my sister-in-law's brother was just killed three days ago when his .22 rifle accidentally discharged. Just a fatal freak accident for him.

I don't blame the gun though. I think he should have been more careful handling a loaded weapon.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by elaine]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Poor Sarah got caught in public without her facts, again. I can't make up my mind who is the bigger idiot, Sarah or Glenn, then again maybe it's Rush.

I am a rare breed, I live in Texas, I support Obama and I am licensed to carry. In Texas, just the thought of someone trying to take away our guns is a big joke. That'll be the day.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I know that Obama has been going around saying that he supports the Second Amendment right to arms. But keep in mind that Barrack Obama is a lawyer and politician-expert in tricky wordplay. Obama supports the Second Amendment only as he personally interprets it, and supports the right to arms only as he would personally regulate, restrict and control it. It would not take very long for the Obama administration to regulate the Second Amendment right out of existence, if he knew they could get away with it.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

That'll probably be the day that Texas tries to become its own country.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
What she says is correct.

You may not like the messenger but even a broken clock is right two times a day.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by slipkid
What she says is correct.

You may not like the messenger but even a broken clock is right two times a day.

Lets hope not.

I think it would create more drama than we have ever seen across this nation if they took the right to bear arms away.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Don't take this wrong OP, I appreciated the link/post to the story, and if our world was different I would see this as most welcoming news...but in recent times, seeing the corruption, zero political representation of the populace, our country having been sold out by BOTH the left/right/and all the rest, and what apparently seems to be a hidden agenda being played out before our very eyes...this to me comes across as just another attempt being made to fire up the sheeple to do more corrupt evil bidding by someone that none of us cannot trust in another attempt to possibly ignite another fuze that would help pave the way for martial law :-(

I don't trust ANY OF THEM! Everything I read and see now comes across as just another attempt to push us in a direction that will give TPTB the "justification" to implement what we all know they want to do....total police state, martial law, internment camps, loss of all rights, wipe their ass with the constitution, and take away our sovereignty and hand the keys over to the UN. It is sad that after defending this country and doing it's bidding for over 20 years in the military...that THIS is now what I had fought (and been injured) for? :-(

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Sorry if i seem to be in the minority amongst gun-craving Americans here, but whats so bad about banning guns?

Is the world not a better place minus guns, knives and other weapons used to kill people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join