It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the Jews don't Consider the Arizona Law Linked to NAZISM, WHY Would You?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Jewish Rights Groups Say Arizona Law Not Nazi

www.newsmax.com

Arizona's tough new law against illegal immigration has prompted furious protests and boycotts but Jewish groups say opponents who compare it with the rise of Nazi Germany are going too far.

"Survivors and others are very upset about this," he said Friday. "When you exaggerate, it's very harmful to them when they know that their mothers and fathers were taken to the gas chambers without any recourse to the law. They lost children."

The Arizona law that takes effect in July makes illegal immigration a state as well as a federal crime. It requires police to ask a person about his or her immigration status if there's "reasonable suspicion" that the person is in the country illegally.

"We can't let this advance any further," Koretz said. "It is absolutely dangerous."

The Wiesenthal Center opposes the immigration law.

"We think it stigmatizes immigrants, for example, Latinos," Hier said. "A white American would never have to face such a challenge so it's openly discriminatory in its nature."

However, Hier said it is unjust to compare a law passed by democratically-elected officials to those made in a totalitarian state that gave its victims no recourse to the law.

"Here, to call fellow Americans Nazis is beyond the pale. Not every tremor is the Haiti earthquake," Hier said.

If the Jewish community does not see a link between the Holocaust and the Arizona Law, WHY would you the Sympathizer of ILLEGALS consider the associate the two?

I think the victims very well know how it was in Nazi, Germany and the Arizona Law is can never be compared with those events.

"Here, to call fellow Americans Nazis is beyond the pale. Not every tremor is the Haiti earthquake," Hier said.

Can not say it any better than Hier Said it above.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

All of a sudden, the Jews have acquired wisdom?

When is the last time they spoke anything but propaganda.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

So you wish to marginalize their horrific holocaust so that you can politicize the ILLEGAL Immigration bill. Your post speaks volumes by itself.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Jews only do what's best for their people

They use their holocaust propaganda as an all out means to special rights and privileges

When it suits the Jews they are on your side when it doesn't they are on the other side of the fence.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
big friggin surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you heard the latest from Israel..apparently they have been having problems with some guys called Palestinians....google it.

They are not very fond of people crossing their borders either.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by unconscious_war
Jews only do what's best for their people

They use their holocaust propaganda as an all out means to special rights and privileges

When it suits the Jews they are on your side when it doesn't they are on the other side of the fence.

So its okay to politicize the Arizona Illegal Bill which is the exact Law on the federal books as a NAZISM. That is just preposterous, the victims of the said event are expressing their views and you make light of the situation.

How many have even read the bill? Which has been posted several times....One thing is for Eric Holder hasn't even read the bill and he was the first on to jump on the NAZI Bandwagon.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca

So you wish to marginalize their horrific holocaust so that you can politicize the ILLEGAL Immigration bill. Your post speaks volumes by itself.

I'm not Marginalizeing anything.

YOU brought it into the thread as a badge of honour.

It is YOU who use the Holocaust for Political Gains, like some "get out of

jail" free card.

Get off your High Horse.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrathchild
big friggin surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you heard the latest from Israel..apparently they have been having problems with some guys called Palestinians....google it.

They are not very fond of people crossing their borders either.

Ah so you are deflecting the issue of the comparison and generalization by sympathizers like yourself of the said bill to NAZI, Germany.

-----------------------------

The Palestine problem isn't similar to ours, we are not taking over Mexico.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I'm not Marginalizeing anything.

YOU brought it into the thread as a badge of honour.

It is YOU who use the Holocaust for Political Gains, like some "get out of

jail" free card.

Get off your High Horse.

Badge of Honor? I think you missed the point completely but chose to look around what was originally posted.

Though 'tis is the norm when one can not fully defend the use of Holocaust even after the victims of such event deny any such linkage.

I shall stay on my horse, you have been seated off yours quite a few times.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

err..that was sarcasm..I think we are on the same page.

edit.. for re-reading you posts.....really tough to figure out what side you on...

the word sympathisers keeps popping up...which sounds a little..umm ya know.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by wrathchild]

[edit on 14-5-2010 by wrathchild]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

If this kind of crap happened to Jews and Illegal Jews were being profiled then their would be a hail storm of complaints and legal action all across the country and Jews would DEFINITELY call it NAZISM but... since it's happening to Mexicans instead, the Jews don't count it as NAZISM.

So whatever the Jews have to say doesn't mean Jack to me.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by unconscious_war]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
My, my, this thread fell apart very quickly. I'll make it quick so you can go back to fighting about side issues.
Comparing the arizona law to nazi Germany is obviously just lame rhetoric, no one believes it is actually like Germany in the late 30s.
Zionists in Israel use the memory of the holocaust to advance their reputation, but the way they are treating the palestinians has undone any sympathy play they could make concerning the holocaust.
However, Israel's propaganda does not negate the fact that concerned jewish people have said that this law is nothing like nazi Germany. Also, many jewish people stand up to zionism, there are good and bad people everywhere. Unfortunately a lot of the bad people are in positions of power, worldwide.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by time91

This thread has been getting offtrack, and I do agree about the bad apples on both sides. But one must not stoop down to the generalizations and put the entire population in that category.

This Jewish Organization stood up to the MSM constant bashing of a Law that is being compared to NAZISM. When the victims of the Holocaust deny such linkages, why would one try to use the same linkages to politicize the whole debate.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Arizona is not the one building massive FEMA detention camps, It's the FEDeral government that's doing that.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
There wrong in a few things, but I do agree that this isn't Nazi but it is Fascism. But when fascism was in Germany it did lead to Naziism and the horrors that abound from it. What many keep forgetting is that Nazi and the brownshirts didn't happen in a week and you had people being sent to the gas chambers it took years to get up speed especially after WWI and the hyperinflation that came about after in Germany. The Fascists that started to get power at this time used the Jews and ethnic minorities as the reason why GOOD GERMAN MEN AND WOMEN weren't getting jobs or can't feed their kids etc. etc.. And what they did was to use representation, they would say they Jewish people had much and you have nothing. There's a reason why they targeted the working class/poor, because it's easier to manipulate a person or persons who have lost their job and have less education etc. etc..

It all started off simple and silly and not important until it started to get into organized political mob attacks against minorities and Jewish people and other faiths. We look at the illegal immigration thing, they pass the law fine it's passed. Then earlier this week the Governor wants to pass a law making it illegal for highschools to have ethnic studies and such saying that it promoted hatred of other people (which is a lie, she sure seems to be keeping her attention on going after things associated with race hmmm). It's called progression, progression. People can't or won't believe that gas chambers or death camps will be used on people of hispanic look, but many of us in the world didn't believe that the same things could ever be used in a civilized society like Germany. Until whispers and full stories started to come out of the country and eventually our troops saw it first hand. It's been proven time and time again over the centuries that people will do the most despicable things if they have a reason and/or intimidated to do it.

I don't know how many people have ever sailed a boat but when you chart a course on a map and/or your off by a degree while sailing, it may look like nothing. But that one degree taken out tens or hundreds of miles can easily have you off course by alot. And that is what happened to the German people and what is happening to the American people who allow more of this beast to set in. Little by little it didn't seem like it was bad, in fact it seemed like it was doing the Jews (like Germany) or even the immigrants a favor by getting the illegals out of our country. But once the full picture came into being you where in it do deeply and even the ones that didn't like it in the first place where to scared to even do anything. You paved the road to hell with the golden bricks of good intentions. You nip this in the bud early so that it doesn't build to something that we as a country and a people won't have to shoulder for centuries.

Oh as a side note, there has been other genocides and holocausts on this planet, and these groups and potential groups have just as much right to voice what happened to them or could happen to them as others.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
A border is an imaginary line. The only boundaries of traveling should be the ones in place by the laws of nature.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
*looks at Israel*
*looks at Jewish community*

Yeaaaah....when one of the Jewish groups who denounce what Israel is doing says this isn't nazism, I'll be listening.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
*looks at Israel*

Yeaaaah....when one of the Jewish groups who denounce what Israel is doing says this isn't nazism, I'll be listening.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC
*looks at Israel*

Have you not been paying attention to the groups that are in Israel that side with the Palestinians? or How about the politicians who denounce the policies that the majority in power is making?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC
*looks at Israel*
looks at Jewish community*

Have you not been paying attention to the groups that are in Israel that side with the Palestinians? or How about the politicians who denounce the policies that the majority in power is making?

Yup, Israel is perfect and nice and fuzzy

I'm not even going to argue this with you. Trying to explain why what Israel is doing amounts to genocide to someone who denies it is like trying to explain color to a blind person.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join