It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

questions about ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Just wanted to make myself known here, as I just registered today. I also have a couple of questions to anyone who will endulge me a bit. First, what the hell is a BLOG, and second, what's up with the ATS points? I assume you get one point for every post (am I wrong?) but for what? What purpose do the points serve?

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Welcome,

BLOG is short for Web Log, similar to a traditional diary.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
All about points: www.abovetopsecret.com... Where to spend your points: www.abovetopsecret.com... A great thing to spend them on: www.abovetopsecret.com... And more answers to similar questions here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
A Blog is a weblog. You get points for posting in most forums, minus those on BTS. SkepticOverlord made a post about that. here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

When you have enough points you can buy things from the ATS store.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
so it's just an "online diary" for your personmal use? Does it serve some site-related function?

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman
so it's just an "online diary" for your personmal use? Does it serve some site-related function?

No, not necessarily. You can write about pretty much anything in it.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
You can read other members BLOGs to gain a better understanding.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Blogs, btw, are not just unique to this site, but rather a common internet term. During the recent wars in the middle east, thier citizens' blogs (on various websites) provided a unique perspective from their eyes of what was happening, minus journalistic "editing" and "skewing"... I'd highly recommend searching for blogs by afghanistan and iraqi nationals during these times, just as a counterpoint....and illustration...

new topics

top topics

join