It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police flooded with UFO sighting reports after residents see large, tube-like object

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

SOMERVILLE -- Somerville police were flooded with phone calls this morning after residents reported seeing a large tube-like object fluttering through the sky.

Police said they were swamped with phone calls after a flurry of callers reported to radio station NJ 101.5 that a UFO was flying above the area. Residents then began calling the Somerville Police Department to report the object.
“I first noticed when all our mechanics started looking up at the sky,” said Terry Weil, a sales associate at Honda Autosport in Bridgewater. “It looked like a big black strip fluttering in the air. Maybe a cylinder.”

Somerville Police Lt. Donna Young said authorities were not sure what the object was, but said it caused no problems other than tying up police phone lines shortly before noon.

Source

Just figured I'd share, didn't see it anywhere.

Please read: Starting a New Thread?

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

[edit on May 14th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by aboveGoos

Thanks for sharing and very Interesting but why do the reporters always seem to give such minimal information? How did the thing move and how long was it in the air?

The photo does look like an extremleylong weather balloon (I wonder what it's purpose would be?), without other information it's hard to tell. The fact that it 'fluttered' might support the balloon theory. I love the staged photo of the witnesses pointing.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Cool report. The only problem I see is the "fluttering" comment and the fact that the pic shows what really does appear to be a VERY long balloon. the question is, what was the estimated size of that thing? Knowing its size might allow us to rule out a balloon...that is if it was big enough...

I hope it was the real thing....

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Reminds me of the flying rod phenomena.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
As already mentioned, "Fluttering" does imply a non rigid-structure. Have there been any other UFO reportings in which the unidentified object fluttered? Aside from the rare reports of morphing UFO's I don't think there has been. My money is on a balloon of some sort.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
It's a hoax. Please view the links, bottom video.
www.ufo-blogger.com...
It's a solar balloon, and the same thing happened at a near by town last year.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Violater1]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
So it's a balloon, thanks Violater1. Maybe all the solar baloon manufacturers should print 'this is not a ufo' in large flourescent letters on their balloons in the future. It would save us alot of trouble

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Bummer.

Although I must say the two objects shown on the image, respectively in the video, don't seem completely coherent in size and shape (the one in the image seem longer and thinner.) But that might just be bad angles, or similar distortive effects.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat
So it's a balloon, thanks Violater1. Maybe all the solar baloon manufacturers should print 'this is not a ufo' in large flourescent letters on their balloons in the future. It would save us alot of trouble
Lol, that's not a bad idea. It would be fun, and would help a lot of people avoid embarrassing themselves.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Since its solved can a mod move it to the hoax forum?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This is a HOAX:

Article here.

Thread moved, but no reflection of the OP.

new topics

top topics

join