It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greek Anti-Govt Protesters protest the wrong thing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

The subject of the protesting is counter-productive in terms of decreasing the power and corruption of government. Citizens protesting budget cuts??? They should be rejoicing that the government is stepping down their lunatic spending.

Also, when your unemployed, starving, and broke why do you waste time standing and yelling at soldiers? Grow food, boil water...don't beg the government for help. This perpetuates the power and influence of the government. Paying government works 5% less isn't enough, half of them should be fired. Part of the governments power is in the number of employees.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
No point in growing food if you can't afford the land costs and tax and the police would kick you off of the land you're squatting on.

If I had free land to grow my food believe me, I would never need the government again.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BenIndaSun

You really have no clue what is going on in Greece, do you?

You thought you would make a thread flaming the protester's, and recieving
Flags and stars and a few slaps on the back.

EPIC FAIL

A little research would help you into this crisis.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Do you think anyone in USA knows everything that is really happening in Greece?

I posted based on online news articles and images, like everyone else.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Do you think anyone in USA knows everything that is really happening in Greece?

I posted based on online news articles and images, like everyone else.

This is a huge problem for the international community. They only get half-info, disinfo and a lot of spinned info on what has really gone down. Thus most people from abroad are confused at the apparent irrationality of Greeks. For example "why are Greeks so furious about being saved..? They're just spoiled at their early pensions and wages and instead of being grateful they bitch about the wage cuts". However, these apparent irrationalities can better be explained if you get an inside view by a local, rather than international mainstream media.

top topics

join