It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

La Raza Violent Threats Ignored, Tea Party Protesters Considered Dangerous Threat to America

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

well apparently you arent aware how it works so to answer your question The National Council of La Raza is the public relations group. Groups like mencha for example are under its umbrella. So this which group thing doesnt matter really so you can stop trying to derail with a stupid point. If one organization claims another organization then ultimately they are responsible for them as well.

On several occasions La Raza has been given opportunity to dissociate with these other groups they have refused.This alone tells me they agree with there agenda.

MEChA isn't at all shy about their goals, or their views of other races. Their founding principles are contained in these words in "El Plan Espiritual de Aztlan" (The Spiritual Plan for Aztlan):

"In the spirit of a new people that is conscious not only of its proud historical heritage but also of the brutal gringo invasion of our territories, we, the Chicano inhabitants and civilizers of the northern land of Aztlan from whence came our forefathers, reclaiming the land of their birth and consecrating the determination of our people of the sun, declare that the call of our blood is our power, our responsibility, and our inevitable destiny. ... Aztlan belongs to those who plant the seeds, water the fields, and gather the crops and not to the foreign Europeans. ... We are a bronze people with a bronze culture. Before the world, before all of North America, before all our brothers in the bronze continent, we are a nation, we are a union of free pueblos, we are Aztlan. For La Raza todo. Fuera de La Raza nada."

That closing two-sentence motto is chilling to everyone who values equal rights for all. It says: "For The Race everything. Outside The Race, nothing."

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
According to your logic , All Americans should go to jail (or be discriminated against) because of militias that have the same skin color as them??

Give yourselves the big a** Face palm.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
reply to post by antonia

well apparently you arent aware how it works so to answer your question The National Council of La Raza is the public relations group. Groups like mencha for example are under its umbrella. So this which group thing doesnt matter really so you can stop trying to derail with a stupid point. If one organization claims another organization then ultimately they are responsible for them as well.

If you think i'm derailing why don't you go to a Mod? You won't, because i asked a valid question. Next time you want to make accusations at least be close to something usable. Now as for the NCLR
www.nclr.org...

It has been stated several times they are not affiliated with the people screaming for "reconquest". There are several groups who use "La Raza". You can't tell me which one you are talking about.

MEChA isn't at all shy about their goals, or their views of other races. Their founding principles are contained in these words in "El Plan Espiritual de Aztlan" (The Spiritual Plan for Aztlan):

"In the spirit of a new people that is conscious not only of its proud historical heritage but also of the brutal gringo invasion of our territories, we, the Chicano inhabitants and civilizers of the northern land of Aztlan from whence came our forefathers, reclaiming the land of their birth and consecrating the determination of our people of the sun, declare that the call of our blood is our power, our responsibility, and our inevitable destiny. ... Aztlan belongs to those who plant the seeds, water the fields, and gather the crops and not to the foreign Europeans. ... We are a bronze people with a bronze culture. Before the world, before all of North America, before all our brothers in the bronze continent, we are a nation, we are a union of free pueblos, we are Aztlan. For La Raza todo. Fuera de La Raza nada."

That closing two-sentence motto is chilling to everyone who values equal rights for all. It says: "For The Race everything. Outside The Race, nothing."

www.nationalmecha.org...

There is Mecha's page. I see those statements nowhere on it.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by antonia]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

ahh , yes they are, All of the Laraza groups are all affiliated with each other, how is that hard for you to understand?

They wouldnt have the La Raza label if they were not....

Who is Mecha

Affiliates of La Raza

Do you think these people are going to ADMIT on their website that they are for everything weve seen so far in the Videos? OF course not, they will pander to the political element and make them selves out as saints, meanwhile, look behind the scenes for whats really going on.
[edit on 15-5-2010 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by divinetragedy79

Thats the problem with the US today, the "it hasnt affected me at all" mentality......thats kind of selfish and narcisistic dont you think?

The issue is , once it HAS affected you, its too late.

You have to act BEFORE it comes to that, you dont wait till a guy hits you with a baseball bat before you do something, you do something before he swings it.

Very true. Which I will admit to changing my attitude towards. But, I am no the type to call armageddon on things that aren't going on in my surroundings. Selfish maybe. I don't see it that way. Narcissistic? Not in the slightest. I'm not a self destructive type. Believe me, I will be very quick to respond to a threat to me or mine. If things do begin to crumble, I will react with such swiftness it isn't funny. But I don't see things going that way.

All this talk about how this "La Raza" ( I still have never heard of it) is rallying people to their "cause" is hilarious in my opinion. It's comparable to the Hitler youth of today's neo nazi skinheads. It's there, but it hasn't affected me. But like I said, regardless of who shoots first, my side is where my loyalties lay...with my people.....Americans.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

reply to post by antonia

ahh , yes they are, All of the Laraza groups are all affiliated with each other, how is that hard for you to understand?

They wouldnt have the La Raza label if they were not....

Who is Mecha

Affiliates of La Raza

La raza means "The race" OR " The People". Simple use of the term does not mean they are all affiliated.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

youre actively being ignorant about this whole thing, I posted links to affiliates ....

of course la raza is a term.........so are many other WORDS.....that doesnt mean they arent a GROUP

Deny ignorance

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Word up my friend! didnt mean to come off like i was attacking you or anything, was just kind of pointing out a trend that seems to becoming more common...

Thanks for the reply man!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

reply to post by antonia

youre actively being ignorant about this whole thing, I posted links to affiliates ....

of course la raza is a term.........so are many other WORDS.....that doesnt mean they arent a GROUP

Deny ignorance

I'm sorry, but did you read the affiliate list? Notice how many groups don't use the term "La Raza". Affiliate doesn't mean they are the same group. It means they work together at times. A loose alliance if you will. This is what it means for most NPO's. Again, I already posted a notice from the NCLR stating they do not support reconquest. So obviously we are not talking about the NCLR. Who are you talking about?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

MEChA

Yea, they are so dangerous that they haven't done squat in their whole existence. This group and those that use LA Raza are just KKK in brown. They are to be ignored just like any other racial group.

NCLR is just like the NAACP. They both help to further the progress of minorities. A legit organization.

Recently the National Council of La Raza (NCLR) became aware of a website and other information that is being circulated on the Internet by La Voz de Aztlan. The phrases the site frequently uses, “La Raza de Aztlan” or “La Raza,” are generic terms that many use to refer to Mexican American people in this country. NCLR has no connection whatsoever to the website or its sponsoring group.

www.nclr.org...

Another misconception about NCLR is the allegation that we support a “Reconquista,” or the right of Mexico to reclaim land in the southwestern United States. NCLR has not made and does not make any such claim; indeed, such a claim is so far outside of the mainstream of the Latino community that we find it incredible that our critics raise it as an issue. NCLR has never supported and does not endorse the notion of a “Reconquista” or “Aztlán.”

www.nclr.org...

NCLR has never supported, and does not support, separatist organizations. Some critics have accused MEChA (Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlán or Chicano Student Movement of Aztlán) of being a separatist organization and denounced NCLR for being a purported “major funder” of the organization. The reality is that in 2003, NCLR provided one chapter of the organization (Georgetown University) with a $2,500 subgrant to support a conference of Latino students—mainly from the Southwest and West Coast—who were attending East Coast colleges but could not afford to travel home for Thanksgiving. These Latino student groups hold mini-conferences with workshops and speakers, bringing together students who are often the first high school graduates and college attendees in their families.

www.nclr.org...

[edit on 15-5-2010 by jam321]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I know you weren't attacking me my brotha from anotha motha!
I also didn't mean to come off as some arrogant fool either. What I meant was that while I may be ignorant to many things not affecting me at the moment, I will protect what I've worked hard over my life span to build and acquire. We all carry flaws. I beleive that we all need to come to some agreement to where we can mend our suffering. But we have to get at the source to kill the root.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

This group and those that use LA Raza are just KKK in brown. They are to be ignored just like any other racial group.

That pretty much sums it all up. I'm glad that I have never associated myself with such groups. Am I proud to be Mexican? Hell yea. Just like Cledus and Billy Bob are proud to be who they are. Just because they like to wave the Rebel Flag around doesn't mean they are racist. Moron groups like the Raza, KKK, Black Panthers are nothing but trouble and should treated like a skunk crossing your path...avoid and ignore at all costs.

There is no reason to get excited over batantly empty "threats".

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Why are you arguing about something so stupid?

Common sense? Hello? Are you there? Where did you go!

The group making threats are the "Warriors 39, La Raza" & "La Raza 86st" not "La Raza" or "National Council La Raza". What are you research!? Where do you reside?!

The gangs originated out of Chicago and NY/Jersey, and have sense moved around a lot.

La Familia means The family, but does not mean that any organization with "The Family" in it's title is tied in with the gang. Why are you arguing what "La Raza" organization is being discussed when we are CLEARLY talking about the gang? Did somebody say national council la raza? Anybody?

Some people just like to argue for the sake of arguing, I wish I could rewind and unread this whole last page.

Stick to the f'''in subject and quit bickering about garbage. Seriously.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by Lostinthedarkness

You seem to know, who is La Raza?

How many people are we talking about.

You all consider them a threat please give some info on La Raza or what you consider La Raza.

Google it
Bing it
Check La Reza with Alta Vista.
Like I have to take you to your mom so she can feed you. Sheeesh.

It's the responsibility of the OP to clarify exactly why it matters that the Tea Party is being villified and La Raza is not.

Ever hear of misplaced burden of proof? So the OP links to an obvious conservative blog site and expects everyone to just buy it hook, line, and sinker without at least giving some background information on La Raza?

Then, when people ask for more information, the OP continues to provide links to OBVIOUSLY biased sites. I don't understand why this is an issue. There will always be some idiotic group out there who is racist or bigotted or wants to overthrow the government. They are only a threat if you let them be one.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by shai hulud

Wait a second...this isn't supposed to be about race I thought???

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tac109

i wouldnt say La Raza are racists but rather they are ethnocentric. most Mexicans are Caucasian. in the case of La Raza its like a Latin vs Anglo-Saxon beef they got going on.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ciphor
Did somebody say national council la raza? Anybody?

Actually yes, it was said several times. That is why i asked them to clarify exactly who they were talking about. i honestly don't think they have any idea exactly who they are screaming about.

And yes, I do feel it to be important that you know exactly what are crying about before you open your mouth and say there is some terrorist threat.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I agree they should be marginalized for there efforts. Racist is racist no mater what color you are and to whom. In fact i could really care less about La raza there sub groups or there goals. But for people to say there not a racist organization its absurd. Everyone knows they are its not a secret just watch any march they have the only objection i have is the US govt funding this group now that is a problem. Also says alot about the state of our government my god where in trouble.

[edit on 5/15/10 by dragonridr]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by Ciphor
Did somebody say national council la raza? Anybody?

Actually yes, it was said several times. That is why i asked them to clarify exactly who they were talking about. i honestly don't think they have any idea exactly who they are screaming about.

And yes, I do feel it to be important that you know exactly what are crying about before you open your mouth and say there is some terrorist threat.

You were given a list of affiliates straight off there website yet you still want to pretend the question was not answered.

Your trying to change the definition of affiliates by saying they sometimes work together again poor argument. Now for the real definition of affiliates!!

Affiliates Definition

Business concerns, organizations, or individuals that control each other or that are controlled by a third party. Control may include shared management or ownership; common use of facilities, equipment, and employees; or family interest.

Want to keep beating that dead horse or are you willing to read now.

[edit on 5/15/10 by dragonridr]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Someone else posted this:

The group making threats are the "Warriors 39, La Raza" & "La Raza 86st" not "La Raza" or "National Council La Raza". What are you research!? Where do you reside?!

The gangs originated out of Chicago and NY/Jersey, and have sense moved around a lot.

This is what you are attempting to discuss. Instead of discussing the actual people you have just smeared an organization that has nothing to do with the kind of activity you are talking about. there are also other gangs that use "La Raza" that are offshots of prison gangs. You will not find those names on the affiliate list of NCLR. NCLR is not a terrorist organization nor do they support terrorist activities.

The word affliate means different things depending on the context in which it is used.

www.google.com...:affiliate&ei=ilLvS5z2NsWqlAeK6oC1CA&sa=X&oi=glossary_defi nition&ct=title&ved=0CBoQkAE

I worked for the Adult Literacy Concuil, it was affiliated with the county school system, but the county school system had no control over it. It was run by the auspices of the United Way.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join