It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It was SWAMP GAS!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
In Pakistan, on the day of the birth of the Holy Prophet, a mysterious glowing sandal print appeared. It was revered as the foot print of the prophet. This message spread across the land. Some took advantage of this as a way to make money, others to strengthen faith..

Then, it was explained away as Swamp Gas. Rather "Marsh Gas".

I laughed pretty hard. Swamp gas explains everything.

Check the video here.

I'm not sure if I can embed the video, but the link should play it, as it is a news video and not generally blocked by "work servers". haha.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
That's really cool, Thanks for sharing. Really interesting a sign of a religious figure can draw so many people.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

It was interesting to see as many "money makers" showed up, as well as faithfuls.

All for swamp gas. LOL.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
A lot of money is being made by the people who "found" this on their property.

There's a sucker born every second.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Yeah, it's kinda sad that the drive of a lot of those people was greed rather than salvation. Awesome.

Real or not, I love that the "Swamp Gas" thing can be used to explain a variety of phenomena across the spectrum of "weird" topics.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
lol

I think Swamp Gas Stock just
hit an all-time high on the markets !!!!
Sell Sell Sell !!!!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I laughed harder at the suckers who believe the msn take on this story. The classic angle is to find anybody whose making money from it and hilight them to ensure motive for hoax then pick out a debunker and edit so the debunker gets their best points across while the believer is just heard to say somthing along the lines of "I believe, just cuz I do"...the really funny part is that the best debunker explanation they found was "swamp gas". They must have an industry formula for these stories, its so predictable. I've gotta ask people out there if the media lies about things like 9/11 why are they then all of a sudden truthfull about stranger things you've yet to uncover.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

True dat.

It's really a double edged sword when dealing with paranoia, conspiracies, multiple governmental failure, religion and MSM propaganda.
How do you find the truth, then balance it?
Where does sanity lay?
What is sane, anymore?

Maybe this whole reality is just swamp gas reflecting off the light of Venus. haha.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
That is funny.
Swamp gas is very diverse. Reminds me of that scene in Men In Black.

Also, the scientist didn't really look like he believed what he was saying.

He said "marsh gas", but the city looked like it was in the middle of a fricken desert.

You should change the title of the thread "Jesus explained as swamp gas" just to get people to see this. (I know The Prophet is not Jesus, so don't hate on me for that) It was just a suggestion to get people to see this. It really is funny.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by bad man incorporated]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bad man incorporated
You should change the title of the thread "Jesus explained as swamp gas" just to get people to see this. (I know The Prophet is not Jesus, so don't hate on me for that) It was just a suggestion to get people to see this. It really is funny.

That would ruffle some feathers for sure. haha.

Thanks for commenting.

top topics

join