It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy to flood ATS with ridiculous topics?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Holy Cow ATS'ers. It seems like this site has taken a definate turn to the goofy lately with timeshifts, two suns, YouTube UFO's , Alien "what ifs" insane Obama accusations etc! Worse than being er, uh, stupid, ATS is in danger of becoming BORING. Are people running out of CT's and now scraping the bottom of the barrel? Has this site sunk to the level that only thing things that get flag and stars are silly tabloid stories?
Anyway it seems that there has been an influx of new members, and my perception is they seem very young. I wonder if there is some kind of college/high school fad going on here. I expect this post to die immediatly, but that never stopped me before! We CAN do better.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
This is a good thing if everyone is young. Help guide us! Don't deny us!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
not to mention hypocritical racist topics and introducing TV news casts radios and interviews with celebrations while the three amigos lavish in a lifestyle.

ATS is not the ATS I use to know of, it's just a place to post crap and mods fully enjoying their authority on others.
There is only about 1 or two decent threads a WEEK that's worth even looking at not even thinking of replying to.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by anonymousproxy]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I have no problem with it, you can pick and choose what you want.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I agree. Although relatively new by some standards, I am a mature and rational person that has been interested in Conspiracy Theories long before I found this site. For instance, when Mel Gibson's movie Conspiracy Theory came out, some of my friends joked that they had finally made a movie about me...lol.

To the point.... I am afriad that there are some here now that simply post to "get a rise out of someone" as we say here in NC. Too many times, the posts are confrontational, lack a real line of thought or rational, and have very litttle depth... or simply immature.

Case in point...the idea that Australia has moved is absurd. Perhaps technology has pinpointed it to a higher degree. I have done survey work and seen boundries move with the use of computers better able to affix to a point.

Or all of the anti-Christian rhetoric. Again, everyone is entitled to their beliefs...but aren't we beating the proverbial dead horse?

Or folks getting upset and bullying and using expletives.... please grow up. I came here for the debate and mental stimulation... not junior high/middle school antics.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I am a new member but I've been lurking for a long time, and I too see that there is quite a lot of nonsense and fantastical theories around, some of which make me laugh and some of which make me genuinely worried for other peoples sanity.

Still tho, im gonna stick around for a while, because amongst all the crap you do find some interesting and compelling topics of discussion.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The last few days I have barely even posted in any threads. Nothing interests me, or the bigger reason:
Many are so absurd that I don't even want to give them encouragement by posting in them.
There are worthy subjects out there to post about, but when a thread is started on them, the thread dies.
People instead flock to totally inane threads and then keep them alive by debating over and over whether a continent moved, or there is a ninja planet about to attack.

Ugh.

[edit on 14/5/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
OH MY (insert whatever you believe in here)

I was JUST thinking this exact same thing, about how i am reading a bunch of dumb posts about someones hallucination because they swallowed too much toothpaste or something. When i first started reading this site (quite some time ago) there were meaningful posts with people who have at least thought about hat they were posting.

It's just like your mother taught you...if you don't have anything good to say...become a lurker until you do.

I do NOT want to hear about how you took a picture of a cloud and how funny of a shape its got...and it just HAS to be a spaceship

Thanx for letting me vent

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Well i am new and i just started a thread with links to tabloid info dose that make me goofy

I am not the best with grammar but as long as it's readable dose that matter.

I do not care about flags & stars if someone thinks a thread is pointless just say so and move on or just say nothing and move on it's your choice.

For me if what i wrote is not liked i will be ignored i can live with that.

Yes some threads are silly but it's always been like that but some of them threads have been entertaining.

Keith

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Here we go again...

[edit on 14-5-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This is ATS...

There is no such THING as a rediculous topic here!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernutty

I do NOT want to hear about how you took a picture of a cloud and how funny of a shape its got...and it just HAS to be a spaceship

Thanx for letting me vent

LOL. that make me chuckle thanks for that. Very true none the less, ats won;t even do anything about it, there not botherd because it makes them money. We need a better place, a betterwebsite somewere that dose support what we are all thinking and i am dam sure they will be one out there soon if not about now.

ATS, were just sticking around until something better comes up, basically, the threads that are up, are utter crap.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I wouldn't say there's a deliberate conspiracy going on. ....

It's probably more of a combination of 14 year old twilight fans who use their imagination more than their actual brain.

recluses who come up with fantastic stories and hoaxes to bring some kind of meaning to their dull lives.

mentaly unstable members who are either bipolar or schizophrenic ( I have ran into quite a few schizo's here on the board)

members who have seen the matrix too many times, and believe they may be " the one" or are the key to some future event. and can't help but post their dreams and theory's for us "average" people to decipher.

last but not least, .... Idiots.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Grumpy old men remembering the days.....

Come on, you must have learned by now how to pick and choose the quality you desire? If it is only one or two threads a week...

The bigger the medium, the stronger the force. Why not learn to tolerate others interests as well. Who knows what might come from it...

Peace

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The insane come, the insane go.
The boring come, the boring go.
The trolls come, the trolls get banned.

What we have today, might be entirely different tomorrow.

You know that, OD! ATS has many wonderfully creative and bright people!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
You do realize that people don't know because you know right? If people can't explore their ideas then they will never understand themselves. The fact that you have discovered something, and have learned and "know" something does not mean that everyone else in the world has discovered and "knows" things. ATS doesn't do anything because this is what the website im sure of it was designed for. If you want to read normal topics, on a normal forum, im sure cnn has a forum.

Explore yourself and your ideas! Don't put other peoples down.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It never ceases to amaze how many times facists(they may not see themselves as such) pick on other peoples input on internet forums,one persons crap is anothers fertiliser to grow a rose garden,
If something is posted that is beneath your superior tastes just keep moving.
The search box can zoom in on what you want.
Live and let live stop judging.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I agree !

I'm still pretty new at ATS. I've been a member now for about 6 months.
I probably have posted a lot crappy threads and probably still do.
I'm learning tho.

Recently I've posted a video about some guys running on water cause I thought it looked cool and I truly did not know how they did it. It looked real enough to me.
66 flags and even more stars.

To be honest. I don't feel I deserved them and I'm even a bit disappointed.
Not even mentioning the replies that not only ridiculed the OP ( which is a good thing ) but also any member that replied it. SHAME ! on them.

I'm convinced I've posted a few nice threads where I have spend a lot of time on.
Yet those aren't getting attention at all.

It has been a great surprise when I finally ran in to some really great threads.
Cause another flaw of this site is that is so horribly big. It's easy to miss all the goodies.
I can't even focus on one forum cause I'm interested in a lot more.
When I finally stumble on a good thread the discussion has already faded of or there or it is 10 to 20 pages long.

I hope I will add to this site and I keep on learning and contributing but it is hard to either get attention at all or keep it running smooth and civil.

I wish I signed up sooner cause everyone keeps talking about those good old days that apparently ceased to exist just before I signed up.

Or maybe... I'm part of the problem.
who knows ?

Still I fell in love with this site and I'm still hooked.

Have a nice day and be well.

~ SK

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I totally hear you but.....as frustrating as it is,let the inquiring minds inquire while we sit on the sidelines and wait for something juicy to come along.
Just DON"T feed any trolls or attention whores.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

These are the good old days, believe me!!

Peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join