It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Con-Dem Coalition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Hi,

This is my first thread and I want to talk about the new political Alliance that has been made in UK.From the way things are going it's clear that not allot is going to be changed from the old labour's policies. The new Conservative-Liberal Democrats coalition will again ignore the real issues we Brits are facing.The main parties focused on the economic problems during the election which no one actually understood what they were on about.

The main problems we Brits wanted sorting out:

-Immigration
-High Un-employment
-Privatization of home grown businesses
-EU
-Withdrawal of all our troops from useless and illegal wars

But none of these issues have been talked about or any kind of policies implemented to tackle them.All we have is the Con-Dems abandoning their promises by using the excuse of 'sacrifices needed in order for the coalition to work'.Like it wasn't obvious from the start that we were going to face a hung parliament.

The important sacrifices that were made

* The Liberal Democrats have abandoned their election promise to introduce a special tax on properties costing more than £2 million (Mr Cameron was personally worried about that one).

* The Liberal Democrats have abandoned their opposition to the Tory’s £6 billion in public spending cuts this year.

* The Liberal Democrats have agreed to support the scrapping of part of next year's one percent National Insurance tax rise.

* The Liberal Democrats have abandoned their opposition to renewal of the Trident nuclear deterrent.

* The Liberal Democrats have agreed that no further powers should be given the EU without a referendum.

* The Liberal Democrats have abandoned their demand that Britain join the euro currency.

* The Conservative Party has abandoned its election promise to raise the inheritance tax threshold to £1 million.

* The Conservative Party has agreed to Lib Dem plans to raise the point at which people start paying tax to £10,000, although this will be phased in.

* The Conservative Party has thrown away its opposition to a referendum on the voting system and the introduction of fixed-term parliaments, which they previously opposed.

News reports have also quoted economists as predicting that VAT will have to rise from 17.5 percent to 20 percent to help meet the £167 million deficit.
Both Tory and Liberal Democratic parties refused to rule out a VAT increase during the election campaign.

On top of that i have also recently found out that the Conservatives are backed by israel.Let's hope the new coalition won't drag us into new wars, which i doubt very much.You guys are probably wondering why have we named the new coalition condem? Let me explain what ConDem means. Condem is jamaican patwa for 'cheating someone by being deceitful' which is what, mossads original motto was -"by deception thou shalt wage war".

Conservative Friends of Israel, abbreviated to CFI, is a British parliamentary group affiliated to the Conservative Party and dedicated to strengthening business, cultural and political ties between the United Kingdom and Israel.

Wiki

As I thought we were missing the icing on the Con-Dem cake until this happen

Cameron Appoints Ex-Brown Adviser

Gordon Brown's former city adviser Sir James Sassoon has been appointed as a Treasury minister, according to Sky sources.Sir James is a former investment banker who was an adviser to Mr Brown when he was Chancellor.

Sky News

Have us Brits been cond again? Only time will tell.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Doujutsu]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Doujutsu

Even in Plain English, Con-Dem-Nation!

Lets hope Labour is looking forward to being the official Opposition! I wonder if we will see the return of old, traditional Labour?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by teapot

I wonder if we will see the return of old, traditional Labour?

Well the way things are going it certainly looks like it.I am not expecting any Radical change in this new Coalition.

The real problem is that majority of Brits don't actually know what they are voting for.I have couple of freinds who voted and i asked them who they voted for? They replied conservatives and i asked them why they voted Cons, they replied 'cos they see him on tele alot and he sounds Alrite'.But they didn't have a clue as to what the conservative policies were and what they were all about.The whole celebrity hype of politicians and the High Definition political debates were only there to see who can impress the audience the most.The mass media has turned British politics into Britains Got Talent Show.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Yeah, I see what you mean.
A lot of what they've done is just emphasize on key points that they've agreed on to make this political relationship work.
Despite the Britis press already picking up the first sign of disagrements.

Like you said, only time will tell if this Goverment is really working.

Plus there'll probably be an emergency budget soon.
Once thats out of the way and all the hell-raising has been done (due to obvious disagreements that are likely to happen)
they may then actually sit down and look at our broken country and see where it needs fixing...

Whether they'll listen to the public though... Thats the question.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
It seems they have a real prophylactic approach to policy.

Come on, who comes up with these names? (yes I know what it means). Am I the only one who thought it?

lol, sorry, didn't mean to but into the thread.

Peace
KJ

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
There is no such thing as 'we brits' and what 'we brits want'. If you have an opinion that is fine, but don't try and represent a whole nation.

Your list certainly doesn't cover the 'issues' of most 'Brits' I know!

Many Americans read these kind of comments, the 'we birts' kind of thing, and then they get the idea that it is how people over in the UK think - it isn't. Like Americans we have a range of opinions.

Back to the Cameron and Clegg 'luvin'...

The Tories just want power and control. They don't give a damn about Britain. Clegg is a self serving git who simply wanted to further his career - just look at how fast that progressed? You think that happens by accident! lol.

If you look carefully at the debates - the way Cameron held back and let Clegg 'shine' you can see their agreement stated much earlier. Also, Clegg was asked many times before the election 'how can you seriously expect to be in government as the third party'. Clegg's reply was always "we are campaigning for government, not just to gain seats".

The agreement happened earlier - probably fully taking shape after Dec. 2009 when the Tories rating in the polls started to drop and they saw the election win moving away from them. It was talk with Lib dems then or wait for a big lose, or a minority government that did nothing. Now do you see why the 'Clegg effect' happened? Why do you think the Lib dems tried to get people to tactical vote the way they suggested? It took votes from Labour! They used that to get Labour voters to vote for them - just as they had planned with their Tory friends.

You have to remember that Nick Clegg was a member of the Conservative party during university!!!!!! And that Clegg has written right wing papers - including about his aim to privatise the NHS.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by Durant]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

they may then actually sit down and look at our broken country and see where it needs fixing...

Whether they'll listen to the public though... Thats the question.

RLMAO, you think there is a possibility they will listen to voters? How likely do you think that is after they have their fixed term parliament and solid lock no confidence vote at 55%? It's the old Tory trick of getting into power no matter what and then using that power to stay their even when they have lost legitimacy (and this time round they haven't even had legitimacy to begin with as they did NOT get a majority)

We do NOT have a broken country - yet - but if CamClegg lasts five years 'broken' will be something people will look at as preferable.

'Broken Britain' was a Tory sound bite - they just wanted to make Labour look bad - what do you expect? But don't go mistaking Tory propaganda as fact!

No country is ever going to be in a perfect state at any time - by nature countries will always be in transition. Therefore, it is erroneous to say any country is 'broken'. And how come the UK is so 'Broken' that people from all over the world are desperate to live here? And not just from deprived parts of the world either!

new topics

top topics

join