It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Robin Hood *Possible spoilers, so warning!*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Just got done seeing the new Ridley Scott Robin Hood movie, starring Russell Crowe. Though Mr. Scott did terrible, terrible things to the story we all know and love, it was entertaining enough if taken in and of itself. However, that's not the reason for this thread. The movie contains many elements that are startlingly timely, and at this time I'm frankly shocked that such a movie would come out at all. Allow me to elaborate, before I get over the urge to type in a grandiose manner more befitting that legendary time.

#1/Twelfth century false flag: French troops pretending to be English troops, pretending to rape and pillage in the name of increased taxation in order to instigate civil war so that the French could take over.

#2/The charter, which I take to be the Magna Carta, a document that limits the authority of the King and grants rights to all people. I know, Heretical!

#3/Persecution of veterans: Robin of the Hood, veteran of the crusades and heroic savior of England, is declared an outlaw by the treacherous King John.

What next? Intelligent, insightful television? Daring investigative journalism? I seriously doubt it. This movie most likely got made because the few people who made the connection would not take it seriously, because of the serious deviations from the classic Robin Hood myth.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
You should have posted this in BTS in the Movies forum.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I don't know much about BTS, aside from the one time I went there by accident. If so, I would appreciate the MODS moving it. I did think that it struck on some really topical themes, that might not be appropriate for BTS.

BTS does have much cooler emoticons, though.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

phun phacts:

England under the Normans and Plantagenets was a vassal of the King of France.

Traditionally, soldiers are sent away to fight in foreign lands because they are too dangerous, rebellious or psychopathic to be kept at home -- no ruler in history ever respected soldiers!

top topics

join