It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kashmir militants 'regrouping' in Pakistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Kashmir militants 'regrouping' in Pakistan

news.bbc.co.uk

Mr Shahid - who has personally visited the region with other APNA leaders - said that militants were based there in large numbers and have set up camps in the area.

"The men are not locals - they have long hair and beards. Most do not speak the local language," he said.

Local citizens in the Neelum Valley told the BBC much the same thing.

"We are scared," a resident said.

"The armed men are moving around the area and are trying to cross the border.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
This is all the world really needs right now.
Any way the source article also says that prior to 2001 gorilla activities were supported by Pakistan. 2001 to 2008 that was stopped by President Pervez Musharraf. So a different administration now apparently means more support from Pakistan for terror raids in Kashmir. Who knows maby 2012 will bring something better.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

As if the region wasn't unstable enough as it is.

The whole Pakistan / India / Afghanistan / China situation could turn into a major confrontation at any time for any number of reasons.

Not the easiest of situations to manage.

Good to see you back posting your up to date and varied theads and intuitive comments, they've been missed.

Don't know why etc you had been absent but I hope your back for the foreseeable and that everything is ok.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Freeborn
wow such kind words thank you!
Some one actually missed me around hear, I do think I am almost speechless. Yes I have been absent and I am around for the time being. As to the thread, yes that region is some un stable, and these new developments will no doubt make things worse.

new topics

top topics

join