It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan Crystal Skulls Meteor baked!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Sorry for lack of info, but I read awhile back on here about how/where the crystal skulls came from.. as in the location of the large amounts of the crystal... It was supposidly a secret kept and then forgotten over time..

My idea is that I wonder about the huge meteor that hit earth( the dinosaur killer), it was close to the area where the mayans lived. What if the meteor brought to earth the crystal or the impact exposed large amounts that were underground.. just an Idea but it helps make a good possibility.. Also the way the crystals were carved against the "grain" is suppose to be impossible I also bring up interest as in the space travel of the meteor and it entering our atmosphere and the extreme heat... what if that would have to do with changing the elemental structure of the material to make it stronger than the other crystal we have on earth..

just an idea, what do you think?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
There's a 65 million year difference from the time of that meteor impact and when the Maya lived.

The "crystal skulls" are German made and sold to tourists, where they took on a life of their own. With rotary tools there really is no "against the grain" when carving stone or quartz or "crystal".

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by frankensence
There's a 65 million year difference from the time of that meteor impact and when the Maya lived.

The "crystal skulls" are German made and sold to tourists, where they took on a life of their own. With rotary tools there really is no "against the grain" when carving stone or quartz or "crystal".

Agreed.

However I believe the Mitchell-Hedges skull may be authentic. Can you debunk the story of how it was found?

Although certainly many skulls are fakes, this is easily distinguishable supposedly due to the tool markings found on them.

The Mitchell-Hedges skull seems to be nearly flawless from what I can tell.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I was just thinking about the skulls the other day. Back when the Indiana Jones movie came out, they were big news, then they faded away. I don't think that because the MSM isn't giving them any air time, that their significance is diminished any. From what I last remember there are 5 but only 4 are known to exist. Is that correct?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Some sanding and buffing could easily remove toolmarks, making them look as if Quetzelcoatl himself pooped them out. Unless they are proved to have some unexplainable property, they are just paperweights as far as I'm concerned.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by frankensence

Agreed apart from selling to tourists. The crystal skulls were made around the turn of the century and definitely aimed at a high end of the market. Not many of them...bit like the best counterfeit artwork. Fictional provenance and very high quality

top topics

join