It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone think for themselves?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
There is so much ignorance everywhere in the US. So few actually think for themselves. I see most just cattle and going along with what is popular instead of reconizing the situation and making their own logical choice. This is true in everything from heath care to dieting to recreation to excersize to religion, you name it. If it looks cool or it is supposed to be heathy and relativly safe or if the doctor gives it to you than it is good for you.

This is not how it is. Some medications are toxic while others are addicting. The Atkins diet will raise your cholosterol levels. Excersize is a very good thing, forcing your heart and muscles to work will make you heathier, there is no special excersize routine that is far superior to another. Smoking used to be a cool thing to do before all the health warnings came out.

I love the theme of Denying Ignorance on here I just wish there were more who would put it into practice and become aware of themselves including their health status and what they can improve on for a healthier life.

So in this crazy countries we have all kinds of insance medications availible to anyone with access to a Dr, some of which are derived from Opium, Cocaine, and other BAD drugs, yet im not allowed to grow marijuana for my own personal uses. If it were legal, believe many would be satsified enough from getting high and not have to seek out anti-depresents and addicting pain killers from the Dr.

Not all of us are sheep, and some of us are very aware of problems within the world and problems within our own country. Deny Ignorance should be a campaign slogan, problem is both party's and those in power like to keep the masses in the dark. The Roman ruling powers knew they could keep the masses under control with bread and circus's. Now we need to add medicine to that list.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Hmmmmm...are we simply ignorant sheep who can't think for ourselves?
I'm kinda lost here..help me...please!
I need some advice...What do the rest of you think?

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Blame the (government controlled) schools. Compulsory schooling takes
up time individuals could use to learn how to read, write, and do
arithmetic. Note I said schooling.. much different from education.
A recent survey about science literacy asked questions like "how long
does it take for the earth to go around the sun?". 54% of adults got the
right answer (1 year). When you get into basic arithmetic solving even
simple word problems was beyond the ability of ***teachers*** unless
they had a math degree.
Then there is the conditioning people receive to look to authority figures
in government to tell them what to believe, even when contrary evidence
is before their eyes.
Think for themselves? Forget it.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a good analogy is the human race on earth is just a farm, people are just wondering around without a clue, and sometimes it is so hard to wake them up to the simplist of things that are going on.

example: why are americans going to vote this autumn?

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Well I like to think that the large community we hav egoing here at ATS is an encouraging thing to think about when it comes to this topic. We all think for ourselves here (for the most part) even though we have vary different views and opinions. We all strive to deny ignorance and think for ourselves, and that is a very encouraghing thought for me.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I blame it to corporate America and the way the become rich and wealthy, using us as guinea pigs to use and tried their products and the way the advertise through the media is attractive enough for us to go for it and buy anything that sound good to use and do, without any effort of our part.

Adverstising is a mind controling business

They get wealthier we get the side effects, and the government just turn their heads the other way until a lot of people dies.

[edit on 8-6-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
baaa baaa, ba baaa bleat baba bauwaaaa!!!!

How many books do you read??
Wait...how many non-fiction books do you read??

How much tv do you watch, how much radio do you listen to??

Go to the library and spend a saturday just pulling books off the shelves and browsing them.
Focus on older titles.

Read letter to the editor and write out your responce or rebuttle.

That is a start.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The only total way not to be a govt. controlled mindless sheep is to go seclude your self on an island!

*go's and buys a boat + island*

bye bye all.

It'll be called: Ignoranceless Isle!

top topics

join