It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predictions and the passing of President Reagan.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I will predict that our current president will fall in the ratings like a rock after the great president Ronald Reagan is laid to rest. It will be especially hard on the current president as he will see the love and caring of our countries citizens towards a great president and realize he and his father will never receive the same.
President Reagans funeral will remind people in this country what true leadership and integrity are all about and this alone will put our current president under in this Novembers election. While Bush has emulated Ronald Reagan, he has no carisma, no tact, no class and unlike President Reagan, half of the country hates him. Remember Reagan won his second term with 49 out of 50 states and was loved like King Arthur.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
looks more like a wishful thinking post than an actual prediction.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
You make me laugh... Reagan was an intelligent man who completely overshadowed Bush Sr. and will forever overshadow Bush Jr and Sr. This week alone there will be millions in our countries capital wanting to hear from Mrs. Reagan and to hear old speeches from President Reagan whilst none could care less about President Bush.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Bush even on his best day of life couldn't carry 40.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
No, you misunderstood the Monkster, we know that Reagan overshadows the Bush's, as well as most all other presidents of the 20th century, Monkey-boy believes you think it wishful thinking that Bush ratings will drop like a rock, etc.

Problem with that thought is this: President Bush does not see himself anywhere near the leader Reagan was. Bush doesn't feel as if he is in competition with Reagan, but is a student of Ronald Reagan, as one can see both in Bush's economic policies as well as his foreign policies.

I don't see any reason for your prediction to occur. Time will tell, as with all other predictions, though.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
look its wishful thinking on your poart as you hate bush and anything that will make bush look worse is good in your eyes.

your post wreaks of this hatred. you;'re seething it as it a lot of people on this board. while i dont defend bush and i dont like him i'm not going to wallow in negativity and brood in hatred over the guy. life's too short.

i've seen a gazillion claims like this made over everythign that happens in the world. someone enevitably claims that such and such will make bush look bad. about the only thing that has made bush look bad is his constant reasons for going to iraq. flip flopping doesnt instill confidence with me. he is his own worst enemy. reagan's passing wont have any effect on him or his approval ratings, if anything i'm almsot expecting some republicans to make the opposite claim you've made and i bet even some will try to use this to their advantage while dems will use it to their advantage.

opportunity whores annoy me to no end. i despise politicians!

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
By the way,this has nothing to do with political scandals. Please pay attention to what forum you start a thread.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Only in his dreams.. Bush can't even get on the same playing field.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Some Republicans said the images of a forceful Mr. Reagan giving dramatic speeches on television provided a less-than-welcome contrast with Mr. Bush's own appearances these days, and that it was not in Mr. Bush's interest to encourage such comparisons. That concern was illustrated on Sunday, one Republican said, by televised images of Mr. Reagan's riveting speech in Normandy commemorating D-Day in 1984, followed by Mr. Bush's address at a similar ceremony on Sunday.

"Reagan showed what high stature that a president can have � and my fear is that Bush will look diminished by comparison," said one Republican sympathetic to Mr. Bush, who did not want to be quoted by name criticizing the president.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I have only been here for days, but even I can see that this is not a prediction. It's just hope by someone who doesn't like the current president.

Yes, Ronald Reagan was greatly admired by G.W. Even though he won't measure up to President Reagan (who could?), he still admired and respected the man and he TRIES to be like him as best he can.

There is talk about putting Reagan on Mt. Rushmore. I don't know if that will happen, but just the fact that they are talking about it seriously means a lot. I doubt any other president, democrat or republican, in the recent past would be considered - Nixon? Ford? Carter? Bush 41? Clinton? Bush43? Nope.

I have a 'prediction' to add to the first 'prediction'. G.W. (in his second term) will sign off on adding Ronald Reagan to Mt. Rushmore, OR Reagan having his own mountain nearby.

new topics

top topics

join