It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vital data went down with oil rig

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Vital data from the last hours of the Deepwater Horizon went down with the oil rig, its owner has told US politicians.
Rig owner Transocean told Congress there are no surviving records of a critical safety test supposedly performed during the fateful hours before the BP-operated rig exploded in the Gulf of Mexico.
While some data was being transmitted to shore for safekeeping right up until the April 20 blast, Transocean told Congress that the last seven hours of its data are missing and all written logs lost in the explosion.

LINK www.express.co.uk...
LINK 2 news.uk.msn.com...

How convenient why dose this sort of thing always happen no suriving records now it is starting to look suspect to me anyway.

What do you think

Keith

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I'll bet the morons up on the hill will believe it. PATHETIC! I was just waiting to hear something along those lines. Well people what DO You think?

My BS meter just went to red.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

No, no ,no...Just wait a few years and they will release 5 frames of fuzzy video but the FOIA on the documents will have to wait till Cheney dies..

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This bit is new to me.

Meanwhile, out in the Gulf, BP settled on its next attempt to cut down on the spill. Undersea robots will try to thread a small tube into the jagged pipe leaking on the sea bed. The tube, which will suck crude oil to a ship on the surface, will be surrounded by a stopper to keep oil from leaking into the water.

This sounds complicated will it work
and this bit.

BP said it is not sure how much of the roughly 210,000 gallons leaking daily would be captured by the improvised device.

They do not know how much is leaking out they just give a roughly answer.

Edit to add link www.express.co.uk...

Keith

[edit on 14-5-2010 by justKEITH]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Look you yanks leave BP alone it's british you see and we just love em.

i mean we are so in love with BP we are now paying more at the pumps than we were when oil was at $150 pb

Your all being racial i thinks and what else should we do when our oil has all but ran out in the north sea and we have as much debt as greece.

if you nuke the leak then this will be considered an act of war and we all know how haliburton loves war don't we so us brits with our freinds in france
ha ha will kick your a$$ so just scope it up off the beaches and give us back our oil us because we found it first.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The more you dig the stranger it gets.

U.S. Said to Allow Drilling Without Needed Permits

WASHINGTON — The federal Minerals Management Service gave permission to BP and dozens of other oil companies to drill in the Gulf of Mexico without first getting required permits from another agency that assesses threats to endangered species — and despite strong warnings from that agency about the impact the drilling was likely to have on the gulf.
Those approvals, federal records show, include one for the well drilled by the Deepwater Horizon rig, which exploded on April 20, killing 11 workers and resulting in thousands of barrels of oil spilling into the gulf each day.
Those scientists said they were also regularly pressured by agency officials to change the findings of their internal studies if they predicted that an accident was likely to occur or if wildlife might be harmed.
M.M.S., also routinely overruled its staff biologists and engineers who raised concerns about the safety and the environmental impact of certain drilling proposals in the gulf and in Alaska, according to a half-dozen current and former agency scientists.

LINKwww.nytimes.com...
Just gose to show it's all about the cash they don't care about anythig else.

Keith

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Drill Baby Drill

My there not laughing now

Sorry could not help it.
Edit to add
Gulf oil spill ‘tiny’ compared to ‘very big ocean’: BP boss

BP chief executive Tony Hayward claims that the Gulf of Mexico oil spill is relatively 'tiny' but admits that his job is at risk over the incident blamed on his company.
Hayward told Friday's Guardian newspaper that the leaked oil and the estimated 400,000 gallons of dispersant that BP had pumped into the sea to try to tackle the slick should be put in context
The Gulf of Mexico is a very big ocean. The amount of volume of oil and dispersant we are putting into it is tiny in relation to the total water volume," Hayward said

LINKrawstory.com...
Well it's only tiny better leave this alone and go watch TV nothing to worry about.

Keith

[edit on 14-5-2010 by justKEITH]

new topics

top topics

join