It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have this problem with Jesus...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Jesus Supports ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT.

Christian One World Government.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Jesus was the most complete human being ever to have lived, he really did shake up the world. The image of him you get from the Bible is only a fraction of what he was really about. He took on the authorites of the time but ultimately lost. TPTB of the time (which seems almost identical to today) weren't going to kill him or destroy his movement and then allow his teachings to be maintained.

People would have been fighting over what got put into the Bible, with TPTB having a very large say. Effectively, they have used an edited and distorted version of the Christ in order to keep people controlled and subservient - completely the opposite to what Jesus was about.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Robert Reynolds

How do you know that he was not an alien in the first place? To me it sounds just like the perfect plot to take over our individual spiritual status.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

There's no real consensus on who Jesus really was, but I don't think he was into hierachies and control. He wanted everybody to have a close personal relationship directly with the highest God and without the interference of organised religion. And I'll tell you who the most surprised group of people will be, now that I'm back...er, I mean if He returns - the Christians.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Directly with the highest God.

But we are all connected with God. Because we are all part of God. If this being comes he will be using a status that he achieved in the past, that has absolutely nothing to do with us today. There are a lot of spiritual paths in this world, not just Christianity, that's not fair for all of us. I want evolve on my own, NOT trough Jesus.
I mean, if I was Jesus I wound't want to be babysitting anyone, but nonetheless. This could be just a megalomaniac being just wanting some attention.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

I'm not talking about Christianity or 'evolving' 'through' Jesus. I'm talking about the truly remarkable human being that he was. He was gnostic and was trying to promote a personal relationship with God without the hierachy of any church or any worship of him.

'They will cleave unto the name of a dead man, thinking that they will become pure. But they will become greatly defiled and they will fall into the name of error and into the hand of an evil and a manifold dogma, and they will be ruled heretically'. - Jesus' comment (based on an interpretation of a revelation that Peter had) on what he foresaw happening with regards to himself. It would appear to be a 2000 year early criticism of modern day Christianity.

There are indeed many ways of spiritual enlightenment, but based on what I understand of the real Jesus, you'd be hard pushed to 'connect' more fully than he did. You'd also be hard pushed to find a better teacher. I personally believe he was delivered the spirit from the highest God - not the tyrannical creator of the OT, Koran or Freemasonry.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

I understand your point a view. And it's fine by me, has long as everyone is entitled to have their own beliefs with or without Jesus in the scene.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by trueperspective
First probably more then half the worlds population will be destroyed by judgment anyway. You most likely will die First!

If you don't die, you will certainly suffer extreme agony through physical torment, hunger, and thrist for at least 3 1/2 years.

Seriously though, maybe you should consider that instead of fighting a losing battle you should understand that God loves you and wants to snatch you away from the hurt that is sure to come.

I know i cut apart your quote but i did so to emphasize the major problem with why people dont fall in line with christianity. The duality that God loves you and yet he is coming to chew bubble gum and kick your ass and is fresh out of bubble gum.

Well said.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
reply to post by teapot

You my friend have the only answer to "knowing" God!

As part of that, I decided to take the risk on feeling like a complete plonker and took Jesus's advice from the Bible and went into a quiet place on my own and asked Him, out loud (and yes, I did feel like a plonker, talking to the walls!) to show me, that He was real, that He understood me, that putting trust and faith in Him would be worthwhile.

And so began my relationship with the Living God, a personal God.

It was the most mind-expansive experience of my life.

I think people make the mistake of trying to discern who God is and is not, by using their intellect and not their heart.

We as humans, tend to think the answers lie in the vast universe. We complicate matters and by over intellectualizing often miss the point.

If you want to know God all you have to do is ask. Ask God to reveal himself to you in a very real way. Believe that He will and your life will be changed forever.

The bible is very clear when it says "test the spirits" it is only through the Holy Spirit you will know Him.

May God bless you teapot.

Pax

If there are still preconceived ideas in your mind of what God is and what the purpose of the Bible is ect....you will only be shown a limited view.

I too have one this...a few different times in my life...and as I was able to be more open and more humbled, the more deep my understanding came.

In the end...God showed me many things wrong with the Bible and showed me there is NO Holy book of Earth made by men sent by God. In the end, I was shown many things that took me completely away from religion.

Yes...the Bible says...Test all things by the Holy Spirit...but I couldnt believe it when the Holy Spirit shown me all the lies that lay within that same book.

So whats up with that...many people being shown different things, different understandings? People that go by the Bible word for word are saying all the time they are led by God and Jesus to understand the word within it. But then here I am....being shown how tainted the nature of God has been by man and his books.

Not saying there is not truth, for it is the truth within it that led me to where I am today.

Just saying

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

What is Holy and Divine is not about kingship or dictator ship, you are correct, in my opinion. You can choose to use Jesus as a guide, for a nature you are seeking to be...but this is not a must for finding yourself and understanding your maker. I agree on most of what you have said through out this thread...but I also agree with some others that if Jesus would return (big if in a literal way, I think it happens through us...WE ARE TO MOVE MOUNTAINS)....that he would not use any church or kingship, he would simply point out our faults again, like with our Earthly ways of belief over Spiritual ways of true seeking.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ariel

Originally posted by _SilentAssassin_
reply to post by Ariel

I prefer the just hand of The Creator.
It's not that complicated.
Not because Jesus calls himself the son of God, but because we are all part of the same thing.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

True, it isn't that complicated. And we are all part of the same thing.

So, you do prefer the just hand of The Creator. Well, in this thread we're simply talking about the just hand of The Creator returning to earth to bring that justice in a tangible way to us, in the form of the second person of The Creator (Jesus).

There is no force, through 'just'....

There is no understanding learned...through a forced just.

This is not the nature of the creator...is that not obvious to anyone here? Look around...WE ARE TO LEARN through hard times, through suffering, through our own mistakes, through trial and error, no one is going to force you (at least no one of the Holy nature) to just one day see it all a certain way, as in dictating to you.

The job is on us, the duty lies at our feet, we have purpose, its not us waiting on God...God is waiting on us. We are told to go on and do better things. Do you think we are doing this?

What kind of spiritual being would we be if Jesus had to come back and point out our wrongs to us again? What kind of plan would it be for some who have not truly sought Thee to just loose all chance one day to do this. This is not a world of waiting....and then seeing who measures up and who does not. We all will have to measure up and will all keep returning till all of our other selves are working together. The goal...is unity. We have so far to go still. I think this scares people that God is waiting on us to find a way to unite and work together globally.

God is within, the way heaven comes to Earth is through us. Its a state of being, not a place.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by texastig

Why do people think that Jesus is going to be King of this world?

Because that's what He said.

I never pick Christianity to be my religion. My views are all pantheistic.
Don't you think that is a little bit awkward since we are probably invade since Atlantis, Lemuria Mu etc, that we needed our sins removed from us in the first place? Why?

We are born sinners and we must be born again by believing in Jesus.

And besides what makes you think that Jesus is not a alien from out of space, because to me that's what he sounds like, since he's trying to impose spiritual dictatorship on all of us.

He's not an alien. He was God walking in a mans body on the earth redeeming man back to Himself.
I don't see how Jesus is a spiritual dictator when He gave up His life for us.

Hi Textastig...just wanted to reply to some things you said to Silent Assassin here.

You said 'because Jesus said so'....

Were you there? Did you hear this? So are you banking your soul on what another man has told you by relaying what HE believed through a book...your banking your soul on that man being right? Is this following another or truly seeking?

How do you know we are born sinners. Mabey we are born perfect in Gods eyes, just the way God intended for us to be. Mabey we are born in the flesh by Gods intention, and that our mistakes and errors serve a purpose in Gods plan for us....I call it...learning and trial and error.

So your saying...God, what is Holy, came and walked in the flesh.

"Know what is of flesh is of flesh, Know what is of Spirit is of Spirit."

How could any of us be breathing, be alive, with out the Holy Spirit within us giving and offering life unto us? So are we all God walking in the flesh?

And finally, you said Jesus gave up his life for us. Again, another man told you this, without the book, and a man you have never met writing this down...you would have no reason to believe such. Again, yhour banking your very soul on what another man has told you.

How do you know that Jesus did not just offer up his own life.....for himself? ANd in that, he taught others how to do the same thing. How to have the WILL TO NOT FIGHT FOR THIS LIFE HERE>IN THAT TO REMAIN UNBLEMISHED YOU MUST FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE OF SPIRIT< NOT OF FLESH> IS THIS NOT WHAT JESUS MEANT WHEN HE SAID>PICK UP """YOUR""""CROSS AND FOLLOW ME.

Do we HAVE TO FOLLOW HIM....well it has to do more with the nature Jesus became, not the man Jesus himself.

He showed us...there is a nature we are to become, the nature is of Spirit, it is within us all, he gave us many keys to use to learn more about this nature.

I would caution on making a one human God....for it was no fun being shown how wrong I was in that thought.

Just saying...but ultimately, what ever resonates with you...go for it. Im just questioning....have you checked to see if this all really resonates with your deepest core being?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
We are all Kings in a land of pretenders. Jesus directs us to Christ consciousmess. The knowing that we are all One with the infinate Creator, that we are One with each other and everything that ever was, is and shall be. His teachings have been hijacked by organised religion to forward an agenda of control and subjegation. The teachings of Jesus point to Truth. His teachings are not ideals original to him, but echo high knowledge consistent with the mystical in all religions. The secret lies within each of us. To search for outward manifestations of the Truth, will present a longer pathway. To chose the direct route, "know that ye are God's". The He that is coming back to the World is our realization that all answers come from within.

Why do people think that Jesus is going to be King of this world?
I never pick Christianity to be my religion. My views are all pantheistic.
Don't you think that is a little bit awkward since we are probably invade since Atlantis, Lemuria Mu etc, that we needed our sins removed from us in the first place? Why?
And besides what makes you think that Jesus is not a alien from out of space, because to me that's what he sounds like, since he's trying to impose spiritual dictatorship on all of us.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Of course they are, neither Jesus nor Christians have a monopoly on spirituality or morality.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Man don't let a few religous folks mess all up. I too am on a crusade against religion, however I'm a follower of Christ.

I believe that what Christ did took care of ALL of mankind forever.

Even right in the bible (that so many worship instead of using it as a guideline and a looking glass into the personality of God) it says right in that word that
"Christ was the light in ALL men and that men knew it not"!

Just love everyone around you as yourself and reach out to God in your heart with that same love and I feel confident you will find Christ not some hyped up religous formula...The real light the manifested creator of the universe!

In any case I want you to know that this believer atleast would have you know the Jesus did in fact die for you and it all taking care of. It would be nice if you would acnkowledge that in this life of course, but I believe you will get the chance to meet him for yourself. You are a child of the creator man and your loved as YOU ARE..PERIOD.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by firegoggles

From what I understand...the idea that someone else can die for your wrongs...is a scapegoat path.

This is why we are individuals..and we all must walk through the doors of death ourselves. Be careful casting your wrongs onto another...pick up your own cross and walk in the path he walked. He did lead a way....but you must carry your own Earthly ways on your shoulders.

Just suggesting...

He taught us...how to offer back what is of Earth to Earth...and how to truly live for the life of Spirit. We must do the works, just as he did.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Klaatumagnum

Exactly! Great post.
I wish more people could understand it this way... makes much more sense.

Gnostic Jesus is quite interesting...he comes off much like Buddha.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Ariel

No lady. to YOU. I do not believe that to be true imo.

-You can call me Ariel
. It sounds much better than just saying lady. So, you're saying that you don't believe in the second coming, then? Well, if you don't, you don't. But why on earth are you saying "To YOU", singling me out as though I would possibly be the only one to see, hear, or otherwise witness the physical Jesus in the flesh, through the PHYSICAL senses, when he returns? This is the event we're talking about here. Anyway, I'll leave it at that. Hopefully this will clear up the confusion.

It is the spirit of GOD given to me my freedom, that have inside me. GOD is all, physical spiritual NATURE. ALL ALL ALL. We are all part of it, but we are all divided in spirit. I do not oppose your doctrine, but in my case, I prefer to leave baby Jesus out of this.

-Yes, God is all. He created everything that is physically and spiritually, aside from Himself. And He is in all of it. But HE has physically incarnated before in the specific person of Jesus, whose physical return to earth and corresponding rule here on earth (effectively bringing the Kingdom of Heaven here to Earth) we're talking about.

It's not something that has happened yet. But we will experience it physically when it does. This is what I mean.

Anyway, you say you prefer to leave baby Jesus out of this. Why, when God is all, leave out a part of the all?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

Originally posted by Ariel

reply to post by Ariel

I prefer the just hand of The Creator.
It's not that complicated.
Not because Jesus calls himself the son of God, but because we are all part of the same thing.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

True, it isn't that complicated. And we are all part of the same thing.

So, you do prefer the just hand of The Creator. Well, in this thread we're simply talking about the just hand of The Creator returning to earth to bring that justice in a tangible way to us, in the form of the second person of The Creator (Jesus).

There is no force, through 'just'....

There is no understanding learned...through a forced just.

-I don't see it as being any more forced justice than the best of justice we achieve here already on Earth. Sometimes people do learn from their mistakes, sometimes not. Some need a bit more help to achieve that understanding. I think it's not about force, but about help.

This is not the nature of the creator...is that not obvious to anyone here? Look around...WE ARE TO LEARN through hard times, through suffering, through our own mistakes, through trial and error, no one is going to force you (at least no one of the Holy nature) to just one day see it all a certain way, as in dictating to you.

-I agree. It's not about dictating. It's our choice. We do have certain basic rules to follow if we choose to live in love with others (e.g., the 10 commandments). And it's up to us to choose to follow them, or not. If we want to follow them, we don't always succeed. But that's where learning from our mistakes kicks in, hopefully

The job is on us, the duty lies at our feet, we have purpose, its not us waiting on God...God is waiting on us. We are told to go on and do better things. Do you think we are doing this?

-Again, I agree. And because we're human, we're imperfect. So sometimes, we are doing this. Sometimes we fail at it. I don't want to say a blanket yes we are, or no we aren't.

What kind of spiritual being would we be if Jesus had to come back and point out our wrongs to us again? What kind of plan would it be for some who have not truly sought Thee to just loose all chance one day to do this. This is not a world of waiting....and then seeing who measures up and who does not. We all will have to measure up and will all keep returning till all of our other selves are working together. The goal...is unity. We have so far to go still. I think this scares people that God is waiting on us to find a way to unite and work together globally.

-I don't know, but I trust in God's plan and that it will be for the good. I agree that this isn't a world of waiting. We're supposed to be doing, and living our lives the best we can to make this world the best we can in love and unity with others. So you think it scares people that God is waiting on us to find a way to do it? For me, that's not a scary idea. Actually, I see it as a major, wonderful challenge. And just imagine if we actually achieve it! What a leap that would be out of selfishness, and pettiness, and greed and competition, and all the stupid stuff that divides us! I think you're right. And I hope we show Him that we can manage it.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ariel

Its been nice soaring the winds with you and crossing steps together in our paths. Very nice...

Its comfort to me to see that others are ready for the path of selflessness...which leads to a path for the all...which my belief is that this is the Divine plan.

My best to you and yours always
LV

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join