It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have this problem with Jesus...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by _SilentAssassin_
The Heaven unites with Earth. There is no separation.

Then why is there a Heaven and earth? They are different.

God and the Universe are the exact same thing.

How can the creation be the creator?

So there's no point in trying to separate me from IT. Let Jesus have his beliefs, I prefer mine thx.

If we don't believe what Jesus says, we will die in our sins.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by texastig

If we don't believe what Jesus says, we will die in our sins.

What are you worried about. Then do has he says. I have no problem with it.
I do not have to acknowledge him to know I have God with me, so I'm cool.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I do not have to acknowledge him to know I have God with me, so I'm cool.

John 14:7a [Jesus is speaking]
"If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also:"

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

"If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also:"

I see the Father everywhere, not just in Jesus.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I see the Father everywhere, not just in Jesus.

Heb 1-3
1. God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2. Hath in these last days spoken unto us by [his] Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3. Who being the brightness of [his] glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Heb 1-3 1. God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2. Hath in these last days spoken unto us by [his] Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; 3. Who being the brightness of [his] glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

I do not agree with your perspective, because it is my knowledge that God is part of everything and part of everyone, and not to think that way, would be going against the nature of God itself imo.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Personally I don't buy in to religions as we simply do not know our origins. We are all entitled to our own opinions but any blind faith just seems foolish to me.

You mention you love God, as do I, but he surely cannot be the cruel dictator of the christian religion.

The sooner we get past the barrier of religion the sooner we can become one people.

Peace.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

reply to post by Ariel

Love one another.

Yes I agree with you.
But let me give you this example. A couple a days ago I saw this video of a woman talking about "The Satanic work behind Orgone and Chi". Are all Christians like that? Is Jesus going to be like that? If he cames here and we get striped from our spiritual gifts, humanity will be completely dependent, we will never be free. And how on heck are we going to defend ourselves from other species? Will Human evolution be terminated once Jesus comes to earth? That's what I'm talking about.
He can't just come here, and "Rapture" everyone up. A lot of questions need to be answered. Otherwise I would have to consider him just an invader.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

I have never heard of Orgone, and have never heard anything demonic about chi. So I can't really speak to that, except to say that there are always people who are fundamentalist and perhaps fearful of the unknown. Then again, there could be legitimate concerns with possible spiritual dangers. Demons do exist, and you don't want to go down a path where you're putting yourself in spiritual danger from them.

That being said, when we're talking about our own spiritual gifts, those were given to us by God, and Jesus is not going to take them away. He's not going to be like that. As I've said before, He wants our freedom! The commandments were put in place to teach us how to live freely.

Human evolution won't be terminated. In fact, we'll finally be able to be who we were meant to be all along, without all the negative stuff that gets in our way. And without that negativity, we'll continually evolve as a people...finally truly for the good of the people as we advance. And for those of us with many questions, perhaps He's answering now through each other. And any other questions you have that don't get answered, He'll answer you when you meet Him face to face

But, yes, He can come here when He wants, and do what He pleases. He's God. He created this world, all of us, and everyone and everything that exists. How can one be an invader in one's own creation? He is in all of us, unless we choose to reject Him and say we don't want that relationship. He's God and can do anything He wants, but instead of forcing anything from us, He respects our autonomy and free will.

Hope this helps!

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Ariel]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Ariel

I prefer the just hand of The Creator.
It's not that complicated.
Not because Jesus calls himself the son of God, but because we are all part of the same thing.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by teapot

You my friend have the only answer to "knowing" God!

As part of that, I decided to take the risk on feeling like a complete plonker and took Jesus's advice from the Bible and went into a quiet place on my own and asked Him, out loud (and yes, I did feel like a plonker, talking to the walls!) to show me, that He was real, that He understood me, that putting trust and faith in Him would be worthwhile.

And so began my relationship with the Living God, a personal God.

It was the most mind-expansive experience of my life.

I think people make the mistake of trying to discern who God is and is not, by using their intellect and not their heart.

We as humans, tend to think the answers lie in the vast universe. We complicate matters and by over intellectualizing often miss the point.

If you want to know God all you have to do is ask. Ask God to reveal himself to you in a very real way. Believe that He will and your life will be changed forever.

The bible is very clear when it says "test the spirits" it is only through the Holy Spirit you will know Him.

May God bless you teapot.

Pax

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct
So you continue talking about Santa and I'll continue to promote the truth.

And what is that "Truth"?

Originally posted by Mykahel

And you yourself show how ignorant you are by claiming the middle ages as the roots of Christianity.

What the Middle-Ages does is prove that religion is a vehicle of political control, and used explicitly as a tool to control the thoughts and beliefs of others so that they think and act according to this control system.

Gnostic Christianity is closes to the source, yet who practices that? Having a Daemon and Eldiolon is unheard of in modern Christianity, let alone a belief in Reincarnation.

Any Christian with a handful of knowledge could tell you how corrupt the leaders of that time were.

Oh and you think they are any less corrupt today? Now it is more money motivated but still has the same web of lies used to suck out money from the gullible believer.

Searching for the truth with the very same critical thinking you think so many of us lack is exactly what brought us to the faith in the first place. Not every Christian was "brainwashed" into it as a youth because it was a hand-me-down from their parents.

The hand-me-down is the washed down politicized rubbish we have today. Just because it is written down in a book and you are told to believe it doesn't make it true.

Religions feed on selling faith as an excuse to believe in something else besides the truth, as if it were true then faith need not apply because you would know that what it is, is the truth.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by YouAreDreaming]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

reply to post by Ariel

I prefer the just hand of The Creator.
It's not that complicated.
Not because Jesus calls himself the son of God, but because we are all part of the same thing.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

True, it isn't that complicated. And we are all part of the same thing.

So, you do prefer the just hand of The Creator. Well, in this thread we're simply talking about the just hand of The Creator returning to earth to bring that justice in a tangible way to us, in the form of the second person of The Creator (Jesus).

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ariel

So, you do prefer the just hand of The Creator. Well, in this thread we're simply talking about the just hand of The Creator returning to earth to bring that justice in a tangible way to us, in the form of the second person of The Creator (Jesus).

In a tangible way to YOU. Because I can see God everywhere.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

That truth is his Holy Spirit and it confirms everything is true. Depending on what text a person reads, there are different descriptions as to what it feels like inside the believer/initiate. The common reoccuring description would be that of living water. Something alive moves. So, the way it works is our own bodies testify to the truth.....his truth. The welling of living water is only one tiny aspect of the truth. This perpetual welling leads to what is called the baptism of the Holy Spirit, which is the new covenant of love.

I'm talking disclosure of the true living God, through Jesus just like the text says. There is a basic formula/pattern to follow; Repent, water baptism, Repent, Holy Spirit Baptism.

It makes Jesus unique and his way the real way to the Father.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Myrtales Instinct]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

It's normal to question things. DO your OWN searching. Knock on the door and it will open unto you.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SpecOpPres1

Thank you for understanding.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I think the biggest problem people have in finding Jesus, is they don't really want to.

When you don't want something, you look hard not to find it.

If you are truly on a journey with a desire to know the truth, ask God who He is.
And Believe He will answer you, He will.

An open Heart is much more important than an open Mind.

"Seek and you shall find" " Knock and the door shall be opened"

Pax

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

reply to post by Ariel

In a tangible way to YOU. Because I can see God everywhere.

To everyone.

Yes, we individually are to see God everywhere, in everything.

But that's a separate thing from Him physically coming to earth in the second person of the trinity, to walk among us again as Jesus, incarnated in a body as before. Which is what is being talked about in this thread. Hope that clarifies!

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Ariel]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Ariel

To everyone.
Yes, we individually are to see God everywhere, in everything. But that's a separate thing from Him physically coming to earth in the second person of the trinity, to walk among us again as Jesus, incarnated in a body as before. Which is what is being talked about in this thread. Hope that clarifies!

No lady. to YOU. I do not believe that to be true imo. It is the spirit of GOD given to me my freedom, that have inside me. GOD is all, physical spiritual NATURE. ALL ALL ALL. We are all part of it, but we are all divided in spirit. I do not oppose your doctrine, but in my case, I prefer to leave baby Jesus out of this.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I have ltos of problems with Jesus.

First he was not born of a virgin.

That is an insult to our intelligence.

Second, he was in support of paying taxes to Caesar, who was a Roman Dictator.

Third, the crucifiction and ressurection, more likely a hoax.

We all know that when somebody is dead for three days they don't come back or float up to heaven.

Insulting our intelligence again, this time assaulting it.

Finally, any man who claims to be the son of God today would be thrown in the mental hospital. Perhaps thats where Jesus should have gone.

Last but not least. Jesus Supports ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT.

Rather than desbanding the One World Government, this so called thief in the night who died over 2,000 years ago claims that he is simply going to overthrow the antichrist, the one who causes all the death and misery and become king of all kings.

The guy is a criminal, but hes also dead so I will not be waiting his return.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join