It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have this problem with Jesus...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Ignorant bliss !!! I love it .. yea.. i'm love'n it ALOT.. cuz as screwed up as I was in my teens.. Jesus was the only real friend I but, i'll spare you the details ... oh and there's only one other thing you forgot .. the personal testimony of the billions of human beings that have this 'ignorant bliss' of one single man.. Jesus. Thorough out history.. OMG it's ALL a conspiracy .. over a billion ppl throughout history conspiring agaist the entrie world for centuries.. .. RIGHT>>

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
The religification of Jesus by man is what made Jesus who he is today. A fictional character with super-powers and political agendas reflective of rulers of that time.

Religion is a man-made system that generally serves the purpose of controlling the masses through erroneous beliefs.

It's been very effective. Islam is hand-in-hand with Christianity for sweeping people into ignorant bliss.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Most religious teachings tend to tell one to live there life in such a way as to make impressions on others through there actions . This point seems to get twisted around more often then not and we find people trying to convince others of what to believe , by telling them what to believe . This is missing the point , ones own actions speak louder as to what that person believes rather then some speech on how one should live .

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by trueperspective

Dear trueperspective

From trueperspective

“LOL... good one. Actually I think you will be ok. First probably more then half the worlds population will be destroyed by judgment anyway. You most likely will die First!

If you don't die, you will certainly suffer extreme agony through physical torment, hunger, and thrist for at least 3 1/2 years. After all that, I doubt you will have a problem with Jesus as King of the World. After all, He made it and everything therein.

Seriously though, maybe you should consider that instead of fighting a losing battle you should understand that God loves you and wants to snatch you away from the hurt that is sure to come. There is no choice of who the creator is.

Did you choose you parents??”

It never ceases to amaze me just how Christ like Christians can be.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

Dear _SilentAssassin_

From _SilentAssassin_
“since he's trying to impose spiritual dictatorship on all of us.”

No that is what the Roman Catholic church is trying to do.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

"Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only son. John 3:16-18 "

My problem rite there. Among with many other stuff that is mentioned in the bible, but I think you get the point.
It's no use anyway.
Most important, and I think that everyone agrees with me in this one, is that people should be free to follow what they want to.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I don't worship the human face..so if jesus comes back i'll kill him again.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Religion is just a tool/weapon used in the control of man.
Divide and Conquer through man's religious beliefs.

Dividing and Conquering can be seen everywhere in all aspects of our perception of reality.

People need to Stop, take a step back and take a good long look at the world we live in...not just about the religions either.....but EVERYTHING as a whole!!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by trueperspective

Did you choose you parents??

Yes, I certainly did! Didn't you?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
Ignorant bliss !!! I love it .. yea.. i'm love'n it ALOT.. cuz as screwed up as I was in my teens.. Jesus was the only real friend I but, i'll spare you the details ... oh and there's only one other thing you forgot .. the personal testimony of the billions of human beings that have this 'ignorant bliss' of one single man.. Jesus. Thorough out history.. OMG it's ALL a conspiracy .. over a billion ppl throughout history conspiring agaist the entrie world for centuries.. .. RIGHT>>

Gotta love the "it must be true cause x amount of people subscribe to it" logic

I guess the world really was flat 3,000 years ago!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AABacon

Gotta love the "it must be true cause x amount of people subscribe to it" logic

I guess the world really was flat 3,000 years ago!

Right, it is bliss when you ignore the incomprehensible suffering and destruction of actual knowledge caused by the religious institutions that guide the billions of lost souls.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
every one that is arguing for jesus's sake, why are r u arguing? if you truly know jesus and what he teaches then i dont get the point in proving it o others. everything we are trying to discuss is info that was either fabricated or sum how skewed in the process making all of this irrelevant so what is the point take what you can from it and leave.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Jesus rocks. Probably one of the coolest characters throughout all of history.

It's fine if you don't believe in him being anything. He doesn't demand anything from you. He lived, he preached to those who listened, he gave instruction on what we were doing wrong, that love is the correct way to live, he died and then he rose and flew up to heaven. yeah it does sound completely ridiculous, but you're missing the important element; the message. The guy spoke of turning the other cheek and loving your neighbor and praying for your enemies. He spoke of the poor being rewarded. Idunno, but I think that rules.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

He doesn't demand anything from you.

That's a lie. He demands my separation from God, unless I follow him.
Except this INDIVIDUAL forgets, that he cannot demand anything from anyone. So if he shows up, I will simply say to him to piss off and let God decide who's right. And I will win offcourse, since God is with everyone. That's The Truth.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Besides the Bible.
Where else in history is there any other reference to a man named Jesus?
Just curious

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

I'm sorry, I could only read the first post you made and I had to stop and reply.

If you truly believe that these religions sweep their people into ignorant bliss, you are beyond ignorant yourself. Ask the millions of Christians around the world suffering persecution if their faith is resulting in ignorant bliss. If the hardships of life have no bearing on them. If reality is whatever they wish it was. Yet they are living a life more fully than anyone here I would bet.

Muslims have no promise of salvation, they have to work for it. About the only promise of Paradise they get is if they die fighting for the cause of Allah. I again doubt you would find much bliss among them.

If you want people living in ignorant bliss, look at America. The government and media have made it feel like we have it so bad, but are completely ignorant of what is going on around them and could care less about what the truth is since everyone is right in their own eyes. Yea, most Americans wonder where their next meal is going to come from, but its only because they cant decide between Taco Bell and Burger King.

The major flaw in your logic comes from basic your thoughts off of what you have seen of Westernized religion.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

It's fine if you don't believe in him being anything. He doesn't demand anything from you. He lived, he preached to those who listened, he gave instruction on what we were doing wrong, that love is the correct way to live, he died and then he rose and flew up to heaven. yeah it does sound completely ridiculous, but you're missing the important element; the message. The guy spoke of turning the other cheek and loving your neighbor and praying for your enemies. He spoke of the poor being rewarded. Idunno, but I think that rules.

Above is proof that not all "christians" are fools. You can respect and take knowledge etc. from Christ without buying the dogma. The dogma and everything contradictory including the exclusivity of new Jerusalem in the bible sort of ruins it for me though. You don't have to be a christian to value what Jesus said.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

But if the things he demonstrated and taught happen to even a select few how can you call him a fictional character?

Because there is zero evidence other then a fairy tail in a book that says this is so. And when you couple what can be written in a book as being quite capable of being fictional, then without any evidence it's just a fictional fairy tale.

If there are 6 or 7 billion people and let's say he picks them 1 out of a thousand or 2 out of ten thousand (numbers he gave in the Gospel of Thomas) to teach his mysteries to, then the people who would make up the true pool for validation is so small, they would be classified as rare or even unique.

This is really a mute point, it's like saying what if Santa Clause picked out a few kids our of the billion, does that make anything Santa Clause does as being any more or less real?

Not all of us feel compelled to mandatorily fill the pews in the Churches on Sunday morning. Some of us actually do what he taught and worship in Spirit and Truth.

There are a few people who don't just have faith - they actually know.

If they actually knew, then they wouldn't be Christian, they would be free.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by YouAreDreaming]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Hey, I used to have an imaginary friend too as a kid, it was Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny. Made me happy every Easter and Christmas. Isn't the imagination a grand thing?

We can just make things up as we go along and believe in what ever fantasy we want to be true just because we can.

As I said, ignorance is bliss... case in point.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

When the smoke clears, sadly nearly everyone believing in fairy tail gods will have to come to terms as to why they were lied to. If they only knew one Earthly law: Man seeks to control man.

They might shrug off disappointment and hopefully rekindle some critical thinking and true exploration of truth... you know the kind that actually requires working for it rather then just dressing up in old hand-me-downs.

I often wondered in the middle-ages when Christians where persecuting everyone, torturing them, mutilating their genitalia we in the modern world would wake up and realize just how political and barbaric the roots of this religion was.

Religion and war, seems almost paradoxical but they go hand in hand with human suffering.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by YouAreDreaming]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mark_price

Originally posted by spinalremain

Above is proof that not all "christians" are fools. You can respect and take knowledge etc. from Christ without buying the dogma. The dogma and everything contradictory including the exclusivity of new Jerusalem in the bible sort of ruins it for me though. You don't have to be a christian to value what Jesus said.

Exactly! Way too many ppl get caught up in interpreting a 2000 year old text (not to mention the OT is more than twice that old) too literally. The stories in the bible are not the important factors. I don't think they were intended to be. The message they convey is what's important. Every religeon has the concept of love at its center, yet everybody seems to forget this while they judge everyone else and condemn those who don't share their same beliefs. It's a cure that contains a disease.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by spinalremain]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join