It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have this problem with Jesus...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

If you dont believe thats fine..BUT HIS DADDY MADE ALL OF YOU SO WHY HAVE AN ISSUE?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I have nothing against Christian beliefs, you can choose whatever you want.
But some of us just want to be free to pursue what they want aswell. Just peace and to be left alone, not to be prosecuted by Hitler Jesus.

So you want to be left alone but you want to come to a forum and start talking about hitler jesus that you do not believe in?
This is probably the worst attempt to troll i have ever seen. If you are going to do it at least do it right. This is one step above just comming in and saying "christians are dumb".

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Not dude...it's about our future.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

BUT HIS DADDY MADE ALL OF YOU SO WHY HAVE AN ISSUE?

I don't understand this. "His daddy" BUT WHY?
We are all sons of God, or is THAT A LIE?
Can any Christian say that that is not true?

[edit on 14-5-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627

Originally posted by _SilentAssassin_

I never pick Christianity to be my religion.

You have answered your own question. You have chosen to not be Christian. Christians, on the other hand, believe in Jesus Christ as our Savior.

Why do you believe that? Jesus chose 144,000 from the twelve tribes to be with him in the New Jerusalem structure, and said all those left outside are "dogs" etc. Very insulting IMO. What is your tribe? Being a Christian does not make you one of the "lucky" few Israelites.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Jesus is the second person of the Holy Trinity, God come to Earth in human form to show us how to live in love. He came as a servant to us and as our savior. By his loving sacrifice for us, He opened the way to Heaven for us and reigns in Heaven at the right hand of the Father.

And yes, those of us who serve Him are sons and daughters of God.

Hopefully that will help explain things a bit better.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Ariel]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

BUT HIS DADDY MADE ALL OF YOU SO WHY HAVE AN ISSUE?

I don't understand this. "His daddy" BUT WHY?
We are all sons of God, or is THAT A LIE?
Can any Christian say that that is not true?

-k- your greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat grandaddy is that better!!!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Lots of people have a problem with Jesus, I know I used too!

I did not make a 'choice' to believe what the Bible says about Jesus, I tested it. My choice involved seeking Light, a moral code that actively sought to conquer my own darkness and turn away from darkness in the world.

As part of that, I decided to take the risk on feeling like a complete plonker and took Jesus's advice from the Bible and went into a quiet place on my own and asked Him, out loud (and yes, I did feel like a plonker, talking to the walls!) to show me, that He was real, that He understood me, that putting trust and faith in Him would be worthwhile.

And so began my relationship with the Living God, a personal God.

It was the most mind-expansive experience of my life.

[edit on 14/5/2010 by teapot]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ariel

Jesus is the second person of the Holy Trinity, God come to Earth in human form to show us how to live in love. He came as a servant to us and as our savior. By his loving sacrifice for us, He opened the way to Heaven for us and reigns in Heaven at the right hand of the Father. And yes, those of us who serve Him are sons and daughters of God. Hopefully that will help explain things a bit better.

I do not disagree with you, in some things, but I connect with God directly.
All I'm saying is once people consent to giving up exercising their ethical and moral choices and pass it over to another individual, in this case Jesus, there will be no individuals acting out their individual conscience and individual freedoms...

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I do not disagree with you, in some things, but I connect with God directly.
All I'm saying is once people consent to giving up exercising their ethical and moral choices and pass it over to another individual, in this case Jesus, there will be no individuals acting out their individual conscience and individual freedoms...

I hear your point. I guess what I'm saying is, that it *isn't* about giving up exercising our ethical and moral choices or our freedoms to someone else. We form our consciences and make our choices, and God does not do that for us because He has given us free will.

God gives us free will, and His laws are meant to enable us to live freely. Not bind or restrict us.

To the extent that we choose to conform our consciences to God's moral law, and live according to it, then we are living freely in love with each other and we are also loving Him. To the extent that we choose not to do this, it causes harm to us and those around us.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by trueperspective
LOL... good one. Actually I think you will be ok. First probably more then half the worlds population will be destroyed by judgment anyway. You most likely will die First!

If you don't die, you will certainly suffer extreme agony through physical torment, hunger, and thrist for at least 3 1/2 years. After all that, I doubt you will have a problem with Jesus as King of the World. After all, He made it and everything therein.

Seriously though, maybe you should consider that instead of fighting a losing battle you should understand that God loves you and wants to snatch you away from the hurt that is sure to come. There is no choice of who the creator is.

Did you choose you parents??

And with all due respect - who the heck are you to say that? Give me more proof than a bible or "your feelings" and we'll talk.

Until then, you're just using that Christian dogmatic fear-mongering to try to scare us.

Makes me sick!!!!!!!

^^^ This is the EXACT reason why I am on a crusade against all organized religions. They use a single book to try to run the world.

Keep your stuff to yourself(ves). And even if we were going to hell, what the hell do you care? You got your ticket into your club.

Oh, and I love how you say "God loves you". You mean he only loves believers, because that is EXACTLY what you are saying. Anyone who doesn't believe... Well. you said it!!

What do you have to say about that?

[edit on 5/14/2010 by impaired]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ariel

I'm glad that you understand my point..But I'm still not convinced about the messiah figure. It's not jealousy you see. Saying that he is the only way, I have to disagree, sorry I say differently.
To me Jesus can be what he wants, has long has I'm allowed to exercise my free will, free from attachments and spiritual leaders. God is part of everything. And if get screwed, at least I know that stood up for The Truth.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

reply to post by DrumsRfun

Not dude...it's about our future.

Not laughing at you, just laughing cuz i get such a kick out of some people's comments.. Very entertaining forum.

On topic, I suspect you were never raised as a catholic or christian/methodist/baptist ect... but rather went to public school and never church? please advise.

Growing up in canada I actually had a mother who brought us to church (which at the time i hated and found it profoundly boring) every weekend. I even go baptised! Grew up not wanting to face religoin or god. Got involved in witchcraft, siances, ouiji board communications, seen many ghosts, a few demons, even caught on casette tape (do you know what those are?) I was involved in drugs, prostitution, and theft. All before the age of 18.. I look back now and realise I turned away from God. I have been on a parallel road this whole time seeking alternative truths, when the whole time I was on these misguided adventures I was looking for god.

Since those chatoic times, a lot has happened for the better but im still not there. I'm still learning about god and reading more into his book. I have been recently researching Medjugorje. I think you should too. This will serve you well dude.

There is no other time to seek a greater power outside of yourself then now. If you enjoy watching ghost hunters or ghost adventures ect, give Medjugorje a chance. I know believe my mother has tried to do me good by introducing me to a greater divine power. Our eternal parents and family.

When my religous grandfather died, he appeared to my mother with a big smile on his face the morning my grandmother died. She didnt understand that until she got a call from her brother indicating mom had died.
Too many supernatural things occur beyond our level of NATURAL sight to fully come to a sensical conclusion about man's existence.

which leaves me to believe the ever living word of god mentions the fallen angels, including lucifer. the luciferian church has most prominent leaders as members, sacrificing children at the bohemian grove rituals. The end of the world is based upon a war of good vs evil. evil hides in secrecy. do you know anything about the illuminati, the skull and bones? the owl moloch national leaders worship and sacrifice children to? or how about grampian scotland which has the most agregious assaults involving molestaiton and pedophelia against children which is abhorrently covered up by scottish officials? please do not say such ignorance until you fully open your mind and heart to something bigger that is beyond yourself.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Ariel

I'm glad that you understand my point..But I'm still not convinced about the messiah figure. It's not jealousy you see. Saying that he is the only way, I have to disagree, sorry I say differently.
To me Jesus can be what he wants, has long has I'm allowed to exercise my free will, free from attachments and spiritual leaders. God is part of everything. And if get screwed, at least I know that stood up for The Truth.

Hmm...it seems that we did need a messiah then. His coming was part of the plan of mankind's salvation, to open Heaven to us and give us hope of being with God forever once this life on Earth is finished.

Given the state of this world, it could use a bit of spiritual guidance these days and leadership from God, made present here on earth. Anyway...

Jesus is the Truth. He came to testify to the truth of love and how we're supposed to live our lives in love. Love God, and love one another.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueLies

I'm not against God. I already repeated this several times. I oppose spiritual leadership. I believe that mankind can explore others forms of spiritual development, besides Christianity without prejudice and dogma, always using their GOD GIVEN morality.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ariel

Love one another.

Yes I agree with you.
But let me give you this example. A couple a days ago I saw this video of a woman talking about "The Satanic work behind Orgone and Chi". Are all Christians like that? Is Jesus going to be like that? If he cames here and we get striped from our spiritual gifts, humanity will be completely dependent, we will never be free. And how on heck are we going to defend ourselves from other species? Will Human evolution be terminated once Jesus comes to earth? That's what I'm talking about.
He can't just come here, and "Rapture" everyone up. A lot of questions need to be answered. Otherwise I would have to consider him just an invader.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

What if you have to believe to see Heaven and with a non believing mindstate you are leaving yourself well out in the darkness as your soul automatically shines bright inviting something into you that will destroy you that wouldnt of reached you if you were where you should of been believing with the rest of us. Just a thought.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

reply to post by trueperspective

I love GOD. That's not the issue.

Jesus showed up yesterday, in terms of 4.5 billions years of Earth time. His opposition were hacks and murderers. You can't expect the best performance when people are throwing crap at the stage. It's just like today. Hacks, butchers, murderers, and above all, leveraged media liars. Does one expect God to let us in on quantum physics, today? That would have been more likely 2000 years ago, when we were more civilized. If I am in you, etc.... Wouldn't fly too well today. I do believe that God has only one thing in store-justice. For most of us, that's a real problem. You love your TV? I hate it. You love your 'life'? You'll lose it. Everything that Jesus talked about has been taken and twisted by his very followers. Nothing from without can harm you...only that which proceeds forth from a man can harm you.

Hey. Check it out...new aids rollout. The Jesus people went for it last time around. Bet they'll love the new face of terror! Jesus people also went after global warming hoax. There's nothing many of them won't buy, as long as they didn't figure it out on their own....

I believe God did the best he could with Jesus. It was a good show, right down to the earthquake. Because our leaders (jews) are jealous of these things, it gets buried in history. I should say that they try to bury it in history. Hollywood big shot Cameron was the last to try.

I too love God. I believe the universe is all conscious and that there is one universe, one God. Few things can quell a love of God like a religious fanatic, though. Was he a spiritual dictator? Hard to say. He must have felt God's power coursing through him, and coupled with the mind of man and those around him...it is easy to see how the meaning comes across too hard for everyone. He did state that 'no one gets to God except through me'...it's like..who are you...Mad Max?

"You want to get outta here? You talk to me."

I can't help anyone rip on Jesus. But I won't listen to nearly any preacher. It hurts my ears as bad as a CD, or any sound that comes through a computer. And I consider it a foe who calls Jesus 'make believe'. One will have to do better than that. He had the juice. He took it with him. God doesn't waste things that matter to him. I am puzzled by many things we do, as a race, such as moon bombing, earth plunder, serving men whose ambition is power and so on. Sending signals into space saying 'we come in peace'...gee I wonder if God sees through that one? I am especially distraught by recent tech developments, and that we were allowed their discovery. In the end I can only rest with the fact that God sees through time. He is giving them enough rope to allow their own spiritual hangings, because they earned it.

God showed himself not because God needed us. We need God. Think what a speck we are in the big picture. Immeasurably insignificant, really. That's why it's a gift. And as the universe is immeasurably large, the gift is meaningful. Also, it might have been very different if Jesus had said 'if I were rich I wouldn't sell you my snot'. Today that sort of comment would be an outright blessing, coming from God.

'That fall out of your nose, did it?'

-Brazil

[edit on 14-5-2010 by davidmann]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

You will have to do better than that.

I never hurt Jesus. I never hurt a fly.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by impaired

What if you have to believe to see Heaven and with a non believing mindstate you are leaving yourself well out in the darkness as your soul automatically shines bright inviting something into you that will destroy you that wouldnt of reached you if you were where you should of been believing with the rest of us. Just a thought.

I was Christian for over 2 years. Even before I was officially Christian I would pray to your Yahweh CONSTANTLY to let me feel him - basically my whole life before this point.

It was the same stuff - different day every time. I would have my good moods and bad moods. But some would say their good moods were "God's love".

Gimme a break. I've been there. Nothing.

Even these days I will get that euphoric feeling - depending on what's going on in my life. That is not god!!! Those are chemicals in the brain.

Jeez...

It ever so slightly reminds me of this dude I knew. One day he said he had a direct line with Jesus and was talking to him. I told him it was probably schitzophrenia. He didn't believe me. He then proceeded to go around telling EVERYONE that Jesus was talking to him and to listen to him.

Don't know how he didn't get locked up for that.

But once he started questioning the voice, it went away. Now the dude wonders if he is schitzophrenic.

ANYONE can feel a strong feeling (euphoria - whatever) or hear voices - assume they're divine in nature - and then proceed to kill others.

Do I really have to find links about how many people killed in the "name of god"??????

But let me guess - you have an excuse to that, right?

I rest my case.

My uncle is absolutely INSANE with his Jesus rants. He was in Vietnam, so we can see why he needs something to fill his void.

But he does NOT leave me and my poor mother alone. He is brainwashed - just like others I have seen.

I can't stand that crap. Am I wrong???? Are they right???

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join