It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think many of the people here are illegals

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

If you want to be one then congratulations you have succeded.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Excuse me for thinking that the title in a thread should match the
ideology of the thread's post vs. an attempt to draw attention. It is probably some sort of TOS violation to do so, but that is not my concern, only moderators will make that call.

You are however as entitled to your opinion, as I am. Have a nice day.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracle Man

If you want to be one then congratulations you have succeded.

If being an ass is pointing out several people are incapable of reading a post and replying to the point in the post (such as yourself) then yes, I clearly succeeded.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Although I agree with you, Some American do use the term "England" to refer to all the British Isles, which does unfortunately include Ireland. t'was that to which i was referring.

Although Northern Ireland is part of the united Kingdom, Although I am also aware that this is contested by Nationalists.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by manta78

Excuse me for thinking that the title in a thread should match the
ideology of the thread's post vs. an attempt to draw attention.

Hmm. Well lets see. The title was created through the process of the humor I saw in the situation, in which I explained deeply in the original post to the point that anyone with competent reading comprehension can clearly see what I am actually saying. It seems the title and the original posts point are both directly related. So what is the issue? Is it the fact that you were incapable of comprehending what I said because you lack competent reading comprehension abilities? That isn't my fault, that is yours.

If it is the fact that I used humor to express my point that is the issue with you, well either it offends you because its directed at you (which isn't my fault) or because you dislike humor in general (which isn't my fault either).

It seems your grasping at straws to nitpick at an issue that doesn't factually exist.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Now see this is where your reading comprehension is not working 100%.

I never said all that crap you have posted. I simply said you have succeded.

Screw it, ignored.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Now see this is where your reading comprehension is not working 100%.

I never said all that crap you have posted. I simply said you have succeded.

Yeah, besides the first post in this thread, which was posted by you, which completely ignores the point being made likely because you refused to read it before posting in the first place or posted before you had an understanding of what was being said.

Screw it, ignored.

Because clearly when you respond to a thread without actually responding to the point originally made makes me care if you put me on your ignore list. In fact, it seems you were ignoring me prior to you placing me on your list.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Although I agree with you, Some American do use the term "England" to refer to all the British Isles, which does unfortunately include Ireland. t'was that to which i was referring.

Although Northern Ireland is part of the united Kingdom, Although I am also aware that this is contested by Nationalists.

Yeah I lived and worked in America for several months and was surprised that a few of the people I met thought that Ireland, Scotland and England was the same landmass/country, it was kinda annoying, if an American came over to Ireland and a few of the Irish people they met assumed Mexico, North America and Canada were all the same country then I can guarantee it would piss them off after a while lol

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

my conclusions are that they simply don't understand English and just got lucky throwing words on a white background that at the very least can actually be read.

Very nice Poe.

The quote above, for me, is what gave it away and gave me a nice chuckle.
I have a suspicion these posters you mention are illegal monkeys hammering away at their keyboards (they've upgraded from typewriters) who got tired of accidently quoting Shakespeare.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
No offense, but I have scored in the top 98% for reading comprehension according to standardized testing for admission purposes, and I too am having trouble putting together your OP and title. Seems to me that the critical responses to your posts are valid, and I don't really see the point you are trying to make as legitimate.

Of course, you may be articulating yourself at such an advanced level that this American born highly-literate objectively validated skillful reading-comprehender just isn't up to the task. On the other hand, articulation, the skill, involves the ability to express oneself to ones audience, perhaps rendering the aforementioned theory inherently invalid.....

Best,
SN

[edit on 5/14/2010 by skunknuts]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by skunknuts
No offense, but I have scored in the top 98% for reading comprehension according to standardized testing for admission purposes, and I too am having trouble putting together your OP and title. Seems to me that the critical responses to your posts are valid, and I don't really see the point you are trying to make as legitimate.

Of course, you may be articulating yourself at such a high level that this American born highly literate reading-comprehender just isn't up to the task. On the other hand, articulation, the skill, involves the ability to express oneself to ones audience, perhaps rendering the aforementioned theory inherently invalid.....

Best,
SN

Then you must have overead this part...

but thus far my conclusions are that they simply don't understand English and just got lucky throwing words on a white background that at the very least can actually be read.

Because it's this statement, as someone as already mentioned, that gives away the entire meaning of the post.

So either you missed this little part, or your test grade isn't worth the price of the paper the test was on.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

While I applaud you for trying something different, you gotta admit it's not every day that someone titles their post with a humorous analogy of the post itself. Maybe that's why you're getting so much backlash from it. It's something that has rarely, if ever, been done here before .

Just a word of advice though. Next time you want to use an analogy to get your point across, don't do it at the expense of others' intelligence. They might be more receptive to your ideas.

Peace

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

So can you distill your theory 'in English' for the rest of us??

Best,
SN

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
how do I say this in two lines?

Sorry.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Best,
SN

I can do you one better. I'm going to use a time machine to go back in time and type a response explaning the premise from which my original post comes from.

Many of the people vehemently against illegals seem to come into topics that have nothing to do with illegal immigration and yet post about it. Thus, I can only assume they are illegals because they can not read English (I mean, no one that is an American can understand English, right?).

In several threads over the past two weeks, I've noticed many people who respond to a thread without seeming to have read the original post (and thus understood the point of the thread). More often than naught, it was in threads here in this section, and the people who come on it start arguing about how horrible illegals are in these threads. Which again, wasn't the purpose for the thread nor anywhere within the vicinity of the purpose of the thread. Sometimes these people quoted the original post and respond to it, again not being anywhere within the ball park of what the original post is about.

Thus jokingly, as I typed when I went back in time with my super secret time machine, I figured these people attacking illegals, stemming from their thought process of course, had to have been illegal because they don't seem to be able to read English. Even though bizarringly they were capable of posting perfectly comprehendable posts in English.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

What makes you think they are illegal aliens?

You do know that there are people from many countries who post on ATS correct? You should encourage them to better their english, not call them names for the use of broken english.

Please do everyone who is for illegal immigration reform a favor and not post anything remotely resembling the subject.

could also have learning diffculties! thiis what ATS has become a racist soon to be corporate institution

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by anonymousproxy

You do know that there are people from many countries who post on ATS correct? You should encourage them to better their english, not call them names for the use of broken english.

Please do everyone who is for illegal immigration reform a favor and not post anything remotely resembling the subject.

could also have learning diffculties! thiis what ATS has become a racist soon to be corporate institution

I don't think the word racist means what you think it means.

Also another person illustrating my point.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

Originally posted by anonymousproxy

I don't think the word racist means what you think it means.

Also another person illustrating my point.

I knwo what the word racist means and it can be used in different ways

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Best,
SN

I can do you one better. I'm going to use a time machine to go back in time and type a response explaning the premise from which my original post comes from.

Many of the people vehemently against illegals seem to come into topics that have nothing to do with illegal immigration and yet post about it. Thus, I can only assume they are illegals because they can not read English (I mean, no one that is an American can understand English, right?).

In several threads over the past two weeks, I've noticed many people who respond to a thread without seeming to have read the original post (and thus understood the point of the thread). More often than naught, it was in threads here in this section, and the people who come on it start arguing about how horrible illegals are in these threads. Which again, wasn't the purpose for the thread nor anywhere within the vicinity of the purpose of the thread. Sometimes these people quoted the original post and respond to it, again not being anywhere within the ball park of what the original post is about.

Thus jokingly, as I typed when I went back in time with my super secret time machine, I figured these people attacking illegals, stemming from their thought process of course, had to have been illegal because they don't seem to be able to read English. Even though bizarringly they were capable of posting perfectly comprehendable posts in English.

Ah, ok, now I see!! Funny too!

Yes, it is sadly comical to hear certain people expound about English and America in a mostly incoherent manner simultaneously illustrating their total lack of understanding of basic civics.

Best,
SN

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   

I've noticed that in this particular sub-forum that many of the people who come here can not read english. I say this because threads are made and posts are written, and many of the replies have little or nothing to do with the original post.

Many people who come here *CAN* and Do read English.
Do they embody and exemplify superior grammar, utilise
flawless syntax and sentence structure? No, and they do NOT have to.

Perhaps it is time to diversify that "One Trick Pony" of a language
(you feel is superior to *) and realise from where and when it comes from.

Note to the ignorant:
America: founded by Brits (our fore fathers) and not a single
"American" partook in creating this language that we now use today
(which in itself is heavily flawed)

Originally posted by SpectreDCSeriously, I don't understand it. It's english. It's well written. What is presented is clear. And yet many of these people post in these threads talking about something completely unrelated to the topic of the thread.

You seem to be under the delusion that any/everyone who participates
in a thread you've (erroneously) created must abide by strict
guidelines/protocols such as: Answering any/all questions posed in a manner
of which YOU approve of.

The disdain you have for "illegals" is quite repugnant at best.
I wonder how many ancestors you have in your tree are/were
illegal immigrants who left their very own homeland for another?

America as we know it and as we once knew it WAS ultimately driven
by illegals. A modicum of respect is in order considering this site isn't
bound to just National, American jurisdiction.

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

But in their defense, how exactly do you expect them to respond on topic when the title of your post and the post itself have little if anything to do with each other? Off topic? Your post was off topic from the title!!

I expect people to read the post for which the threads topic is highlighted in.

Apparently, I was expecting to much.

And my title was not off topic to my post. I said jokingly that those incapable of responding on topic must be illegals because they seem to have a problem reading english, although ironically they have no trouble typing it.

@manta78, thank you for proving my point

Ah, I see.
*YOU* have expectations, which for this purpose aren't being met.

This is a text book example of what we call
"Ad Hominem" attack(s) and hold no merit, nor hold any value.

See: Asinine.

You know what bothers me?
People (like you) who feel somewhat entitled because they can read/write
English and due to a false sense of security because of it, feel
they need to pander to their inner most insecurities by denigrating another person's character solely based on their inability to follow your
useless (as well as baseless) script. Pretty petty stuff there, guy.

Of all the troubles and tragedies that surround us...
This, type of trivial thing bothers you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join