It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman, 87, Busted For Selling Crack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Woman, 87, Busted For Selling Crack

www.thesmokinggun.com

MAY 14--An 87-year-old Florida woman was arrested yesterday for allegedly selling crack coc aine to undercover cops.Ola Mae Agee, pictured in the mug shot below, was collared after a month-long investigation by the Escambia County Sheriff's Office targeted drug dealing in her Pensacola neighborhood. During the undercover operation, Agee sold crack on several occasions to cops, with some of the transaction being secretly videotaped by investigators, according to a news release. Police executed a s
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
OK so this isn't really the most important news out there, but I thought it was a bit interesting. 87 years old and selling crack. What do you do with someone that old? Throw them in jail? What do you think?

I guess "wisdom comes with age" isn't always the case...

Visit the link for a picture of the woman, as well as a link to a report about a 96 year old crack dealers record.

www.thesmokinggun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
It makes me wonder how many years she has been doing this for. How many lives she has ruined, and what kind of income she has had, that was not taxed.

My opinion is she deserves to be in jail, just like any other drug dealer.

She might only languish in jail a short while though, so it's a shame she can't be sentenced well into the afterlife.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Star and flag just for the pure awesomeness of this story!!!

But seriously, she's dealin' crack?! Like there aren't enough kids around....
Shame....

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
wow.. this has caused a new radical position on drug laws!! imagine please-------knowing drugs will be obtained no matter what, if you were broke with no opportunity, saw illegals getting RICH, would you not "slang rock" to eat? this is for everyone to consider.. i just did,, former military, federal officer, never did drugs in high school, never associated with anyone who did drugs. still wouldn't, but that is my choice and freedom.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
It makes me wonder how many years she has been doing this for. How many lives she has ruined, and what kind of income she has had, that was not taxed.

My opinion is she deserves to be in jail, just like any other drug dealer.

She might only languish in jail a short while though, so it's a shame she can't be sentenced well into the afterlife.

The only thing I can agree with you on in the above post is the non-payment of taxes. I despise coc aine and crack but placing this woman in jail, or anyone else, for non-violent drug crimes is a waste of tax dollars and fundamentally inhumane.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by samureyed

SnF

Now maybe the government will raise old age payments so that our old people don't have to sell crack and or eat cat food. 89 years old surviving WWII and now sells crack to make ends meet......

Got to hand it to this old lady for her surviving skills after all she lived through WWII and we owe the old people who sacrificed so much in that era for our freedom today!

So is the system guilty for treating our old people so poorly to make them do these clever things. Here in the UK our old people freeze to death in the winter as they cannot afford to turn on the warmth.......

Remember people before you judge Grannie you must remember if you live long enough your time will come too. Considering the economic situation the last two years what you saved for the raining day may not be there when your her age. What would you do then, would you be this clever????

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I know this may sound like I've beem smoking some of this crack here, but I have a crazily brilliant solution to many of our problems.

Legalized, regulate and tax drugs.

You now have stopped the hundreds of billions of dollars we spend in the war on drugs while creating industries related to these jobs while gaining money from these drugs.

Look at that, I just helped out the economy, some of the border issue, the job issue and the crime issue.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Wow is that Whitney Houston? 87 isn't even the oldest granny crack dealer, a 94 year old woman also was arrested at one point for selling crack, so much for that image of a granny who bakes cookies and pie.

At least she's not selling plumber's crack... ick.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Yeah it really is a mixed bag of feelings with this one, but it's mainly due to the lack of details provided which led to the drug dealing.

One one hand I can't help but think about the fact that she's selling crack, and anyone peddling that crap should get what's coming to them.

However on the other hand we don't know the reasons behind it. Was she forced to sell drugs to make ends meat? Obviously no ones "forced" to sell drugs, but sometimes people do things they would never imagine doing to survive in bad times.

It's really hard to say given the lack of details, and at the moment I really don't feel bad for her.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

It makes me wonder how many years she has been doing this for. How many lives she has ruined,

She didn't ruin anyone's life, she merely offered people the opportunity to ruin their own lives. She holds only the responsibility for selling an illegal substance, not for what people did with that substance.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

The only thing I can agree with you on in the above post is the non-payment of taxes. I despise coc aine and crack but placing this woman in jail, or anyone else, for non-violent drug crimes is a waste of tax dollars and fundamentally inhumane.

I know we were discussing the treatment of the pregnant lady in another thread, so, with all this in mind, how do you think these people should be treated? I mean it is not like this old lady was selling pot! Has that been what she was arrested for, I would agree with you.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Please delete.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Digital_Reality]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I know we were discussing the treatment of the pregnant lady in another thread, so, with all this in mind, how do you think these people should be treated? I mean it is not like this old lady was selling pot! Has that been what she was arrested for, I would agree with you.

I think non-violent drug "offenses" should not be prosecuted. Therefore, I believe this woman should be freed immediately, despite my personal feelings against coc aine and crack. I believe prohibition should be lifted against all drugs, period. I'm staunchly libertarian and am 100% tired of an inept government wasting billions in tax dollars trying to prevent activities they don't want us to do.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Have you consider that maybe she wanted to be busted and enjoy the things prison has on offer?

1) warmth without threat of warmth being cut off from lack of payment!

2) three squares a day, yes, I know it is prison food but must be miles better than pet food served cold from the can!

3) cable TV with out the high cost of cable.

4) the guards must provide warmth, compassion friendship and conversation which she probably doesn't have in her home

5) security at night when the lights go out

6) better medical and hospitalization than what Medical/Medicare provides

I don't know but it seems plausible and not prosecuting may make her do far more dangerous things if her intention is to be in prison. I hope for what ever reason she has to deal crack that life smiles at her as there needs to be a better way for her to survive life.

IMHO that is

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by IceHappy

Have you consider that maybe she wanted to be busted and enjoy the things prison has on offer?

That's so well written I can't really tell if it's sarcastic or not

new topics

top topics

join