It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Wierd, Unmarked Helicopters circling.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

Hey, I've noticed helicopters circle in the area I stay at, but this has been for a while, and I'm not even sure it's to do with me, but I've noticed they've flown right over my head like 4 times.

One time I was looked out the window, late last year, and a helicopter or donre flew right over my neighbors one story house, like what probably a foot above the roof. That was incredibly odd, like why did that thing swoop so damn low? That was totaly uncalled for, i saw this at 3am in the morning, around there. Sometimes I think that somebody wants me to notice these things, that is why I am here.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

The major significant ground feature which seems to centre on the circles you have shown is this patch of ground is there some building work planned for this area as it seems to have been disturbed recently.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by sherpa]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
Yeah they dropped the whole "HEY THIS IS A US ARMY VEHICLE AND IM A CAPTIAN SEE MY INSIGNIA" approach to war areound viet nam.

Those big white stars made great targets in poor lighting. And who didn't salute their favorite officer in combat.

With modern helicopters, you might catch a glimpse of numbers on the tail section. These are flat black in color.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I have trained with the British RAF in Egypt. Those look like your standard Puma helicopters the RAF uses. As mentioned in other posts, many military helicopters use a flat black paint for markings which can be very hard to see at times... especially if some hydraulic oil or engine oil gets on it (which is damn near impossible to avoid). I wouldn't be too worried about it. We trained in some pretty odd spots back in my Army days. It's possible they have some points mapped out in the area for avionics testing purposes... who knows.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Right before Desert Storm happened, my husband and I were living in an apartment very close to downtown, a big city.

At night, we would hear very thunderous helicopters (we were on the third floor) and they would be hovering for long periods of time in the woods right beside our apartment complex.

Night after night, we would wake up about 3 am hearing these choppers, and we would try to get glimpses of them but they were black and had zero lights on them, and no markings. Eventually, after hovering over the woods, they would fly off allowing us to see them only a little better. I don't know helicopters at all, but I think they were Blackhawks?

We could tell from their silhouettes they were the huge personnel carrier types, but they were very combat ready in appearance to us.

After a few weeks of this happening, we finally heard on the news that it was training for Desert Storm, but it was really strange when it was happening. Turns out lots of people saw/heard them, and had been calling news stations to find out what was up.

Things like that, when you don't know the why's behind it, can make you feel very odd, and even frightened sometimes.

I don't blame you one bit for wanting to know whats going on.

This picture is similar to what we saw:
wallpaper-s.org...

[edit on 15-5-2010 by Libertygal]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

Sorry for the delay in replying,

Ok the Earthworks you refer to is, according to a sign on the entrance a landfill site. The picture from Google Earth was probably taken last year(Going by the cars people had outside their houses then).

What is curious in regards to the geology shown in that photo is that it is showing Chalk under the topsoil, Whereas that lighter colour circular area immediately to the right of the Chalk square is an older excavation where some aggregates were removed. I know this because i used to go there catching rabbits. so it seems to highlight a boundary where the Chalk starts.

I'll try and take the dog for a walk over that area and see what it looks like now and i'll let yo know if anything unusual is there.

Thanks for the interest.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

I'm impressed an OP actually had pictures and took the time to map out flight paths.

Yeah, one heck of a presentation on the Internet for a guy who claims he has "limited PC skills."

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

I can understand someone making an inquiry about these choppers . . . .

On a couple of occasions recently, there have been incidents where several helicopters circle the perimeter of my city--sometimes for a couple of hours. They don't appear to be doing any particular maneuvers, just repetitive circling.

The last time it happened, I phoned my police department and inquired if they knew what these choppers were doing up there or if they were aware of any exercises being done by the CHP. I was told similar inquiries had been made, which had prompted them to make phone calls. They could find no one who could answer this question and they said the CHP had no clue what it was about either.

If these kinds of situations turn out to be training exercises, it seems it would be a logical and considerate step to notify the local authorities and give them a heads up in case citizens begin to call in with concerns. Is that really too much to ask?

Also, I'm curious if anyone knows why in a training exercise it's necessary to conduct it directly over the population of the city? Can't they perform these operations in the rural areas where it doesn't grab the attention or concerns of a lot of people and prompt unnecessary calls to the local authorities?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Yeah, one heck of a presentation on the Internet for a guy who claims he has "limited PC skills."

Thanks for the compliments but I have to give my 14 year old son the credit for showing me how to put this together, Makes a change for him to be teaching me

As for your other point about training flights over residential areas, I totally agree, and for another 10 or so mins flying time they could have been over the open Oxfordshire countryside. And as said before this is now the 3rd occasion and not all by military craft, so i do find it puzzling.

Again thanks for taking the time to reply

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
As far as flying over a populated area... they may have been doing some sort of urban environment training. We trained for every possible scenario... and urban areas are one of them. It would be hard to do outside a populated area...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join