It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Wierd, Unmarked Helicopters circling.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Ok, So i'm not too clever putting things into text...So i'll apologise now for my literacy skills.

Right, Things started happening last summer, I'm guessing August time, The Royal jet (I assume) accompanied by two small private jets (Lear type)off each wing tip were circling very close to my house. They made several laps, Some of which i have on video on my phone !

Then a couple of months ago a posh Helicopter (executive type) was flying similar laps over the same area, Unfortunately i don't have any photo's of this.

Then this morning two unmarked Army helicopters were flying the same circuit although counter clockwise to the route of the Royal jet. I took some photo's from half a dozen of the laps they flew, But i guess they flew a total of 10 or so laps.

So the area this is happening is between Slough and Maidenhead in England, A small village called Taplow. I will try and capture the spot on Google Earth, although my Pc skills are very limited.

Meanwhile below are a couple of photo's of the Helicopters.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bd2848646682.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4bb53a4d365b.jpg[/atsimg]

Below is a map of the area showing in Blue the path of the Jets, And Red would be the path of the Helicopters (Approximately)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0ebe18fc4bc6.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm not sure what all this means, But at least its documented here.

If i can make a youtube of the video of the jets i'll add it later, Although the quality from a phone is pretty poor.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by ken10]

Mod Edit: Fixed pictures as they were skewing the page.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by GAOTU789]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
probably just training, is there any reason to think otherwise?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Probably just choppers training form a near by RAF base.

RAF Norfolk is fairly close by.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Arkady

I can't see it being training, There are 4 Airports/Airfields within a 10 mile radius....so the skies are pretty busy.

These are Heathrow, RAF Northolt, White Waltham and Booker Airfield. Also Oxfordshire is fairly close with RAF Benson too, It would be there i would expect to see training, As i have seen Parachutists there in the past.

And this was so out of the ordinary for this area.(Lived here for over 10 years).

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I think its just training. Here in NC, I live up by the Va line...way out in the country...3 hours from the ocean. Yet, every month, we have US Marine Ospreys, Chinooks, Harriers flying around my house....probably from Jacksonville/Camp LeJeune-Chrry Point MCAS.

They are simply training or on the way to Quantico in Va. Nothing to worry about...yet.

Sometimes when the combat airtraffic is heavy, I do wonder if prepping for some attack over seas.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Thanks for sorting my post out, I did say my pc skills were poor

Also is it usual for Army helicopters to be without markings ?

But it may be nothing, However if i notice other stuff in the future at least these events have been logged so to speak.

Thanks

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Those look like regular army helicopters, the usually do not have US ARMY!!! writen on the side of them.
They might have been training

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

I thought they may have had to have distinguishing marks to denote who's who, However looking at photo's of similar helo's on the net perhaps they don't.

Still not sure on the "training" explanation though.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

Yeah they dropped the whole "HEY THIS IS A US ARMY VEHICLE AND IM A CAPTIAN SEE MY INSIGNIA" approach to war areound viet nam.
Could be training those guys have to learn how to fly those things somehow and it is not exaclty a top secret vehicle. But who knows maybe they just took it out for a spin those things are just like cars it is not good for them to just sit there without ever being used.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Maybe i should have posted a Google Earth pic of the wider area showing how built up Slough and Maidenhead are, and how unsuitable the area is for pilot training should an accident occur.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

you do not know much about aviation do you?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I'm impressed an OP actually had pictures and took the time to map out flight paths.
It doesn't sound too suspicious, but if you've lived there 10 years and this is new I guess I can see how it may be bothering you.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Arkady

i live in a small town in pennsylvania, theres not a military base for miles, yet a couple months ago unmarked military jets were circling my town, and flying right over my house. i didnt get any photos and i accidently recorded over the video tape, but its strange because i timed it all out perfectly. first there were 4 jets, they came in 4 5 minute laps, then there were 3 jets, 3 10 minute laps, then there was 2 jets, 2 15 minute laps, then 1 jet just flew over.
something is going on in this town of dillsburg.
i saw our local police late one night loading boxes nd other things into a local school. strange thing was there was no other cars in the lot. and the police were parked where you can only see them if your looking for them. im a very observant person, constantly on the lookout for anything strange.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Here is a screen grab of one of the vids with the 3 jets that passed over last year. The quality is very poor, Sorry.

My initial thoughts were they may have been observing something on the ground, then when Helicopters started to fly around the same area i thought well they could just hover to look at something if they wanted to !

Unless they didn't want to draw attention to whatever they were looking at ?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

There is an existing thread on that fly over you filmed I believe.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Thankyou, yes that is exactly the ones i saw.

I don't know if you want to add this thread to that one as an update, or leave it stand on its own ?

I'll let you decide.

Thanks again.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

They have them, they just use low visibility paint colors. They are extremely hard to see beyond a few feet away, and impossible to see from the ground in most cases.

Here are a few examples:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Thanks for the input, I don't think my photo's are clear enough to see any of the marks if they are that obscure.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Is there an airbase nearby? Sounds like training exercises. I used to live near one and they were flying about all the time.

If they are American aircrafts, we still have many overseas bases. Including England I believe.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
It might be one of these aircraft……picking up on every word you say or send electronically.
www.wired.com...
If people only knew what was over their heads.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join