It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autistic Boy Charged With Making Terrorist Threats Over Stick-Figure Sketch

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

This is what happens when organised crime becomes the ruler of the world.

All Laws and their Enforcers no longer are the protector of the people against organized crime, they now work for them!

And since the illusion of fighting crime still needs to be maintained the either make big cases of Michael Jackson or go after little kids who make scary scribbles with crayons.

Oh then they get to goof of defending all the oppressive thugs of the State on AST.

Work never ends for agents of tyranny.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by Izarith]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

No m8 I wasn't I was agreeing with you there is a mentality out there that would and have heard said something on the lines of the first sentience I posted...

"That will teach pushie mothers who insist their lovely little ones be mainstreamed! "

I fully agree with you when you said "I chose not to follow these instructions, because it is my belief that if they are going to mainstream them, then they should be afforded the same rights as the "normal" students"

I fully support integration! How else will the "normal" students learn tolerance for the "different" people. My kids had "special children" in their class room here in the UK and I heard parent complaining about this and my first line of my post was their thoughts which I was attacking.

I am so glad there are teachers like U in the world to help lessons of life be taught to our kids. Where else will they learn this torrence if not in school?

Thank you for making a difference and sorry if you did not understand I was supporting you and not attacking you. I put what I said in quotes and did a sloppy job at writing and did not mean that those were your words only things I have heard whispered in PTA meetings from other parents.

I hope you read my first posting where I said in my childhood they said Johnny cannot read then when my youngest was in school they said Johnny now teaches and after reading this article seemed to me that Johnny is now hiring teachers. What I meant by that was I agree with you that someone is hiring under-qualified teachers which is harming all children from this innocent child to the most clever in the class!

The kids only have one chance at education which will effect their entire lives...

Sorry for the misunderstanding.......

edit duh I am not a good writer hence I had to correct spelling and grammar. I went to military school when most of you learned how to read n write. My education started in 9th grade but I do try and most of what I write is from the heart albeit poorly written.

[edit on 5/16/2010 by IceHappy]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
reply to post by Mudman21

Where is the humanity? where is the compassion? This is state bullying. Can anyone imagine how confusing all this hoopla must be for for the kid?

It is bullying because they haven't got the cojones to go after a really terrorist. May god spare us from these blowhard cowards.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by Tiger5]

Unfortunately there are highly skilled teachers out there but for every good teacher the school can hire 2 - 3 not so good. Time for schools to quit looking at the bottom line and start looking at what the schools are producing in our children.......

I have been to many bad schools but was fortunate enough to go to an outstanding private High School that made a difference that put into me the hunger for education and to understand we must ask questions. Those teachers in Justin High School Napa Ca, were and are outstanding. The teachers had talent to get all students involved in learning and made it an enjoyable time rather than just babysitting us....

Our children need good education as they are tomorrow voters among other things....

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by IceHappy

No worries. I jumped the gun a bit...it's funny how words can do that sometimes! I appreciate the kind words. I just wish there were more teachers out there who actually cared about what happens to their mainstreamed students. Obviously the one in question does not, or else they would have tried to learn what was actually going on in the student's head.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by IceHappy

Unfortunately there are highly skilled teachers out there but for every good teacher the school can hire 2 - 3 not so good. Time for schools to quit looking at the bottom line and start looking at what the schools are producing in our children.......

You are absolutely right about this one. I have a Master's Degree in a specialized field (I won't talk about it so that I can keep my anonymity), and I was one of the first to go at my former school. There is a huge concern about budget cuts, lack of state/federal funding, and about being able to keep paying teacher pensions once they retire. The schools that I have observed over the years seem to want to keep the status quo rather than actually hire truly qualified candidates. There are some states where all you need is a two year degree to teach a classroom full of children! Last time I checked, there was a darn good reason that I went 60K into debt so that I could make a difference with children. And now, I can't even be hired because by law, they have to pay someone with a Master's Degree a lot of extra money...and this is from the same institutions that require you to have one within five years. Schools in recent years have been scraping the bottom of the barrel in hopes of saving money in the long run. They hire a sub-par teacher for two years, give them the boot before they get tenure, and then do the process all over again. There is no consistency in the classroom, and the children get upset and confused. And of course, this all has to do with the almighty dollar. It makes me sick and it's the only reason why I have decided to get out of the education field once I have enough money to do so. I don't want to because of my love of children, but at this point I don't think I can handle all the backroom deals, the politics, and the butt-kissing involved to keep a good job.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Well of course he was charged. That's clearly a threat!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Replicator EYD
Well of course he was charged. That's clearly a threat!

Everyone on planet earth hates someone, so they are all a threat or no one is.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Apparently, the boy doesn't like his teacher and expressed this in a drawing. He is developmentally delayed, as his mother stated. Even with a zero tolerance policy toward "terroristic threats," I'm hoping this case gets thrown out of court.
The Special Education unit at his school should do some brain-storming on how to make his educational experience more successfull. This is where everyone's attention should be focused----not on a felony charge.
I have an autistic son who is 17.
I know all about the awkward situations that can arise with an autistic child that is still learning about coping skills and social norms.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Lacenaire

As far as i am concerned they should look at the teacher and see does that person hate someone, and you will find the police who brought charges are pretty dunce to even do something like this.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mudman21

***snip***
This child has the mental capacity of a third grader and will be charged as a terrorist! There has to be a point when enough is enough! Where are we going to be in ten years if we, as a country, as a society, continue with this no tolerance crap we are dealing with in these days?
***snip***

One could argue that if young boys, with the mental capability of their age, still take guns to school and go on a killing spree, knowing very well what they are doing, should we not fear a mentally handicapped, with no concept of right and wrong, with a gun?

I realize we don't know if he indeed has acces to a gun, but did the teachers and the police know - for certain?

EDIT:
Would we have our justice system evaluate each case or would it be better to allow a policeman to "do nothing"?

Charges against the boy will probably be dropped, but it IS better to be sure.

[edit on 16.5.2010 by HolgerTheDane]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HolgerTheDane

We should fear everyone, as from what i have seen people are dangerous and i mean everyone.

Where is this right and wrong you say people have. You mean right and wrong as long as they do not get caught. Majority of adults do not know right from wrong, if they did why does gang stalking or mob rule exist?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Using this logic, all or most artist should be arrested, movie producers, songwriters, video game producers, cartoonist, etc., etc., etc.! I have seen movies, heard music, played video games depicting murder! I once saw where a flight simulator would allow you to crash your plane into a building! Should the program writer be arrested for terroristic threats?

[edit on 16-5-2010 by Mudman21]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by HolgerTheDane

***snip***
This child has the mental capacity of a third grader and will be charged as a terrorist! There has to be a point when enough is enough! Where are we going to be in ten years if we, as a country, as a society, continue with this no tolerance crap we are dealing with in these days?
***snip***

One could argue that if young boys, with the mental capability of their age, still take guns to school and go on a killing spree, knowing very well what they are doing, should we not fear a mentally handicapped, with no concept of right and wrong, with a gun?

The mentally handicapped know right from wrong just like everyone else.. in fact they probably know it better given all the persecution they have to put up with.

Like being told they don't know the difference between right and wrong for instance. Spreading ignorant generalizations is wrong.. maybe you should think on that a bit.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by riley]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Oops sorry, did not read your other replies my mistake, I apologise.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Izarith]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Mudman21

Wow...this is crazy. Why in the world would they charge a kid with "terrorist" or even "terroristic" "threat"... What happened to the old detention after school and write 100-200 times in a blackboard whatever the kid does wrong that he won't do again?.... What's next, sneeze and you get accused of trying to cause a heart attack to your teacher?....

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Using this logic, all or most artist should be arrested, movie producers, songwriters, video game producers, cartoonist, etc., etc., etc.! I have seen movies, heard music, played video games depicting murder! I once saw where a flight simulator would allow you to crash your plane into a building! Should the program writer be arrested for terroristic threats?

[edit on 16-5-2010 by Mudman21]

You are being silly in your argumentation.

The kid made a direct threat against a known person.

Just because you are autistic doesn't mean you can't pull a trigger.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley

Originally posted by HolgerTheDane

***snip***
***snip***

The mentally handicapped know right from wrong just like everyone else.. in fact they probably know it better given all the persecution they have to put up with.

Like being told they don't know the difference between right and wrong for instance. Spreading ignorant generalizations is wrong.. maybe you should think on that a bit.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by riley]

I am sorry.

You are right. Generalization like that is bad.

As is the generalization that autism means you are disabled from the feet up.

I had some dealing with an autistic boy once. He could become extremely violent if he got frustrated. So much so that they had two men nearby whenever he was awake.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Well I am glad you are not judging an entire people by your one experience with one autistic boy. There are over a hundreds different kinds of autism; that is why it's autism spectrum disorder.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join