It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non Americans You Don't Know Anything...........About OUR Immigration Crisis

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I don't post often at all but feel I have to put in my 2 cents here.
I manage a large convenience store in the DC Metro area, yes all of my employees are American, however a large percentage of our customers are from south of the border, few speak a word of English. You ask one if you can get them anything else, the answer is "jes" so you wait while they stand there & stare at you. You ask if they'd like a bag, the answer is "jes" so as you start to bag their purchase they yell "NONONONO" but don't you dare short them 1 penny because they know all about our currency. Now, by law they have to be able to produce a US gov't or state issued ID in order to purchase alcohol regardless of their age. If they can't provide one the sale, by law, is to be denied. Here any LEGAL resident can go into the DMV & obtain what is known as a 'walkers ID'. Simply a state issued ID card, similar to a drivers license without having the driving privileges. If an individual can't even show me a walkers ID (let alone a passport) that tells me they're not here legally. I've seen ID's from Guatemala, Honduras, Venezuela, of course Mexico, etc. & naturally one would assume that with a birth date they'd be able to secure alcohol. Needless to say they're quite dismayed when the booze is removed & placed behind the counter but when they don't speak English it's difficult to make them understand.
I digress, apologies. My point is I see MANY, MANY illegals day in & day out who are holding jobs for a lower rate of pay than, for example, one of my sons would - ie: they've taken a paying job from an American citizen. Granted part of the responsibility lies with the employer who hired the illegal(s) & they should also be held accountable.
I agree with the OP 100%.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by End Of Babylon

Um, a lot of what you said was false. First of all, white people didn't invent the gun, the Chinese did. Second, a black guy didn't invent the computer, no single person is credited with the invention of the computer.

Read a history book.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred
reply to post by End Of Babylon

Um, a lot of what you said was false. First of all, white people didn't invent the gun, the Chinese did. Second, a black guy didn't invent the computer, no single person is credited with the invention of the computer.

Read a history book.

Actually he's right.

It was Gun powder that was invented by the Chinese, not the actual gun.

Otis Boykin invented the electrical resistor for computers radios and T.V ect.
Also invented the guided missile and heart pacemaker.

Dr. Mark holds three of IBM's original nine PC patents and he invented the the ISA systems bus which was the very first step paving the way for the internet and he is also the chief engineer of the team that invented the first home and office PC, also he invented the Color Graphics Adapter which allowed for color display on the PC, he was also responsible for creating the first one-gigahertz computer processor chip.

Go back to pre-school, you might learn something.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by Wise Man]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

I think Arizona should pass a law that says:

"Foreigners shall have no rights in Arizona that Americans do not have in their home country."

Then we can talk about how mean spirited and racist Arizona is!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by legalizeit

Originally posted by kimchee
The problem is with our government. If the perks that are given to illegals were removed, they couldn't afford to work so cheaply. It's as if our government is consciously creating this issue to cause civil unrest.

Here's a list benefits illegals qualify for (from rense):
www.rense.com...

Hmm .. how can an illegal person get a drivers license and a social security card ..? don't you have to show multiple documents of proof ..?

It's a Jeff Rense article. It's not my job to convince you of anything nor to spoon feed you the facts. Do your own homework. Or write to Jeff Rense and shake his tree, okay?
Dee's Illustrations apparently knows the truth about this too..

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I really think the immigration deal is a smoke screen,try and reason with a redneck,try and tell them about 1 trillion dollars going to war,bailouts etc,all they want to talk about is illegals and the damage they cause,truth be told most stay under the radar keep to themselves for fear of being deported,I agree they should abide by immigration rules,but as far as them being responsible for the demise of the Us thats pretty far fetched,being major people on welfare roles are whites and blacks,some 3rd generation

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
This is ironic. Americans can't really talk about immigration or population when they compare it to my country. Try fitting 1/6 of your population into an area 1/75 of the size of your country and then get back to me. See how you like that for job displacement, environment, cultural issues or whatever.

Americans talk about how many immigrants travel from all over to get to their country and yet we have immigrants passing through practically every European country to get here. They're hardly jumping the Mexican border as with the bulk of America's immigrants.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I think the problem is people do not see the difference between legal and illegal immagration. Legal immagration is not an issue here it is the illegal immagration that causes a problem, they get the bennifits but contribute nothing to the system.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharlesMartel
reply to post by l neXus l

I think Arizona should pass a law that says:

"Foreigners shall have no rights in Arizona that Americans do not have in their home country."

Then we can talk about how mean spirited and racist Arizona is!

Absolutely! To those who think that no one deserves to live in America except for the Native Americans and Mexicans, please consult your history books and know that YOUR country wiped out another country to create itself.

Why the double standard for Tibet? Why do so many feel that the Tibetans have no right to their own country and are terrorists if they meditate? People stick up for Native Americans and tell the Tibetans to go to hell. Whatever.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romans 10:9
I hear ya. Even people in the northern states here in America don't really get the full effect of the illegals.
I live in TX out in the country, and since the recession, it's not as bad....but a few years ago, wow.
Even the nice little river i live by suddenly had illegals hanging out there all the time. I couldn't let my daughter go down there and swim cause of the drunk mexicans. Their wives would do their laundry in the river, sudsing it up with soap. The men would seine the river and catch almost everything out of it.
Their kids, some that looked as old as 10, would run around naked.
My son and his buddy went down there to see if they could catch a bass before the illegals seined them all out, and my son's bike was stolen in 5 minutes of him leaving it next to the river.
Beer cans, tortillas wrappers, and bean cans were left all over the banks of the river after they left. It took everything i had not to go down there with my cousins and crack some skulls. It was like straight-up mexico 100 yards from my house. You better believe my mini-14s were locked and loaded at all times...especially at nite.
My cousin and i watched our tile-setting wages drop so low that we couldn't afford to do it anymore. We couldn't compete with them as they would do it for a fraction of the cost and get it done 5 times quicker cause there was 10 of them to our 2. They did horrible work though...3rd world craftsmenship in a 1st world country. Eventually alot of the home builders started catching on that it costed more to constantly have to hire a good craftsman to go back and fix their sh!tty work.
Anyway, yeah. If you don't experience what it's like, then STFU.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Romans 10:9]
I hear ya. Even people in the northern states here in America don't really get the full effect of the illegals.

what are you talking about all mexico is up here in new york.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
If its anything like here in the UK then I can imagine you're in a dire position. When I hear that its worse, I just wish nothing but for good fortune to favour you Americans, dont care what colour you are if its worse than here in the UK I'd expect serious conflict to break out in the not too distant future.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wise Man
Nothing makes me happier than watching Americans cry at there country falling a part.

America got 400 years of free slave labor between Natives, Latinos and Blacks.
These people had slave farms producing as many slave babies as they possible can.

It's amazing watching White America blame everyone else for their problems instead of their own leaders.
Mr.Rothschild is worth an Estimated 500 trillion, why haven't you people gone and asked him and Mr.Rockefeller to sign a nice check to get you out of the $500 trillion debt your in?

You have your super rich leaders hogging money in your own country / race and your blaming the most poor, helpless people doing borderline slave labor for taking crappy jobs in the land that belonged to them anyways.

Watching the down fall of America is a great thing and it just feels good.

Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

1)The amount of slave labor in american history is minute compared to most countries in the world. That doesnt make it ok, but lets keep things in perspective here. If america is so terrible for it, that nearly every other country in the world is even worse.

2)"white america"? Spend some time here. It aint just white people.

3)We are a capitalist country. We dont beg individuals to bail us out. Not to mention, the ROthschilds are european, not american. Facts are cool!

4)I dont agree that immigration is the cause of our economic mess, but lets remember one thing: if we are talking about illegal immigrants, they are not "our people", they are here to take from our country without giving back.

5)You obviously have no concept of global consequences. Sit back and enjoy the "downfall" of america (still seems to be doing ok). But if it happens, dont come crying to us when the ripple destroys YOUR way of life.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Blaming the economic problems of a country MAINLY on illegal immigrants is silly, IMO.
(I don't deny there are problems arising from this, in the US but also in Europe, but implying the illegals make a main reason for a bad economic shape is idiotic)

Also..i don't buy the argument that the illegals are "sending home all their money"....i am pretty confident that a LOT of that money flows in the economy again as opposed to getting sent south of the border.

For starters, why don't you blame the employers first who choose cheap laborers for $3/hr over their US or EU counterparts - or the big companies which outsource MAJOR parts of their operations to cheap countries like India etc. You know, blaming Jose or Paco is always convenient...if one lacks the bigger picture.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oldtimer2
I really think the immigration deal is a smoke screen,try and reason with a redneck,try and tell them about 1 trillion dollars going to war,bailouts etc,all they want to talk about is illegals and the damage they cause,

Because it's easier for simpletons (which 70% of people are) to be able to concentrate their anger and hate towards someone they can blame. It's "convenient" and doesn't require a lot of thinking or understanding of economics/politics..because every idiot can hate easier than understanding more complex things.
edit on 8-8-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Lets just send all the white Americans back to where they come from...england,france,spain,ireland....then let the Natives have their country back....and then there will be plenty of jobs for them...what an arrogant OP...saying people who do not live inAmerica have a clue what goes on...It goes on the world over....if it wasn't for immigration and colonization there would not be any so call whites there for you to even moan about.

Unbelievable....when did America cone to the conclusion they were even there first...your all a bunch of Immigrants...the whole country was built on immigration...It was because of immigrants your where you are now....I bet if the OP even bothered to look into their own family history they might have even found out....guess what...YOU'RE not from there....LMAO.

I am from Canada i live in England...my whole family history goes way back in English heritage...yet i am an immigrant here....I bet people outside America understand better than most Americans what your own heritage is...NOT a single one of you unless your Native can trace your heritage in the US back before your beloved christopher columbus in 1492.....You haven't a heritage...so if you want to start getting rid of immigrants...i think the first one to leave should be the OP...unless they are Native American.

America does not have a heritage....So OP....where do you come from Again.....have you asked yourself that before you posted.....Probably not...you OP are an immigrant....go home.....lol

the only thing that as put America where it is today is nothing more than GREED.....and America has Isolated itself in It's very own protectionist ways...so Stop with the immigrant blames game....the only ones to blame are the delusional people themselves who have fell into the consumerism that is eating up most nations of the world...It was the immigrants that built America to what it is today....And it is now the Zionists of the world who are destroying America....wake up and smell the coffee...because as you drink it remember it is you who steals from the poor people who grow the beans so you can have it at a cheaper price.

bleeding heart cry babies...rape the world of it resources at rock bottom prices then try to begrudge those who only want a share in the pie.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join