It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non Americans You Don't Know Anything...........About OUR Immigration Crisis

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

You Americans are not the onlt people on this Planet... I'm always seeing threads like this directed only to the American people when in fact everyone in the whole World is affected... most are affected by the direct results of 'Americans' believe it or not

And even though i live in England believe me i understand what it's like to be a minority in your own Town, City, Country...

BTW Don't forget it was the 'White Man' (as the Apache indians say) Who took the land from them... they even went on to make numerous Films about it

[edit on 15-5-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I have never been to Texas and I know very few Mexicans. I am an immigrant and I also have a long memory. I can remember when similiar negative stereotypes were applied to black people in Europe. The moment I see sterotyping I can recognise it. Mexicans have no genetic tendency to criminality as no nationality does. The problems are changing communities and poverty. How you guys resolve is up to you but illegal immigration is just that--Illegal.

What about the ordinary Mexicans who have lived in the US and are legal?? My fear is that all will be attacked by the Authorities and even possibly vigilantees

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by awhispersecho
This thread and the arguments in it are a perfect example of what is wrong with this country. Everyone assumes there is a grey area here just like with everything else. Stop blaming government, we already know the problems with them. Stop blaming whites, stop blaming it on the horrible situation in mexico now or anything else for that matter. Those are legit but do not matter in this instance.

"Illegals" are illegal.

Just wanted to say Bravo for this post. Sums it all up quite well, IMO.
I would have to say you have it 100 % correct here. Personal feelings taken out of it, this is the letter of the law as written and should be adhered to as other laws are.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Well then I guess Americans who have never lived outside of America have no business forming opinions about the rest of the world. It works both ways.

I'll take that trade off.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
[quote]
Hmm .. how can an illegal person get a drivers license and a social security card ..? don't you have to show multiple documents of proof ..?

wiki.answers.com...

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

We let them in, we provided work for them, what's the problem? Big corporations are paying them dirt cheap. All of this could have been prevented. America decided to send everything to china to be made.. come on. Don't blame the Mexicans, blame your government. Things don't have to made in China. Big companies can make their crap here in the US but they want to pay little chinese kids 10 cents an hour to make your nikes that cost you $200. Welcome to AMERICA... F*** YEAH!

Well said. Government gave US companies incentives to outsource factories and plants out of the country, breaking the back of American labor. Tax and other breaks to huge corporations and plantations while loading small business and family farms with unfair fees and taxes; letting in all sorts of workers who have the same skills as Americans (e.g. computer programmers) and get paid less. The idea was a compliant obediant servile labor force.

NAFTA GATT IMF ... all are contributing to economic woes of all of us. The government is just a tool in the hands of the Corporate overlords who are transforming our land into a feudal empire. Its easy to set the masses up against eachother to tear out each others throats in hard times.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Same reason can be applied to non-britons that talk about our immigration.
so call it even in those debates.

20% of the UK is made up of legal and illegal immigrants as well as immigrant offspring. set to increase rapidly.. add that plus the violent spike in crime+racial tensions+religious tensions= one nasty event about to kick off.

I'm sure the USA is the same at the moment a tinderbox ready to go off.

it's an invasion of our countries yet the sheep sleep and do not see it, they think it's "good" for the economy because the government told them so.

[edit on 17/05/09 by Raider of Truth]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I may not live in the US, but immigration is a big issue here in the UK so does that mean I am not able to give my views on US immigration by comparing it to the situation in the UK? Immigration leaves a similar trail of topics regardless of where its occurring. i have noticed the same "they take our jobs, they get more money from the Gov whilst paying hardly any back into the system, its over populated... " comments mentioned in forums both about US and UK and no doubt in countries where the problem is similar the same topics will arise. So why is then that you don't think the discussion should be open to everyone? Do you think the US is isolated with its problems on immigration? If so you are wrong.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

These kinds of ignorant uneducated and self obsessed OPs make me giggle, sad, and angry with equal measure.

First up take responsibility for what your country has done to the rest of the world in regards to not only military but economic policy.

How can you possibly be an ATS member and believe that only America has had and continue to have serious problems with legal and illegal immigration. You are only know on the beginning of a path that the rest of us have been on for decades. At least you only have to worry about Mexico et al. Have you even heard of the EU? Try living in a country where you cannot legally prevent immigration from 24 other countries.

I'm sick and tired of Americans wearing their ignorance and selfishness as a badge of pride.
I wish the quiet, caring, educated and conscience wielding Americans would drown out this kind of f!?k everyone else attitude.

In closing, yes it's bad in the US but don't blame the immigrants blame the (mostly US) corporate elites who have raped and pillaged the entire world to the point people have leave their countries to survive. Also don't blame the Hispanics for taking advantage of what the NWO has orchestrated in regards to jobs, benefits, and xenophobic brainwashing. I wonder whether when things get so bad that US citizens seek to leave the country that there will be anyone left to stand up for you. What goes around comes around.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Non Americans You Don't Know Anything...........About OUR Immigration Crisis

I'm from the UK and yes we know about your Immigration Crisis, we have the same problem.

Basically The Uk, Ireland, America, Australia, Germany all have the same problem with immigrants...too many of them. If you say this people call you racist but you see what this is going to trigger, people are going to get sick of being called racist every time they talk the truth. Its going to trigger serious friction in all the said country's...its all going to turn very nasty and its all the governments fault!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Conspire

No offense, but I can love my neighbor all I want but it won't pay the property tax bill, energy bill, waste bill,and the sky high medical bills.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Wow! Ive read about 80% of this thread and its the same mubo jumbo over and over. Arizona is not the only state with immigration issues I live in Florida and believe me there are just as many illegal aliens here as it is over there. They pick the strawberries here, the oranges, They hang out at the day labors waiting for construction trucks to pull up and they just jump in the back Ive seen similiar things happen at local home depots, where people who are buying materials to upgrade thier house will literally pick 3 to 5 out of a group of 20 to help them with thier upgrades. All the woman cant wait to get knocked up here because then their child WILL be a legal citizen with out the hassel of paperwork that they CLAIM to not understand....AS IF WE DONT HAVE TRANSLATORS?!Im Cuban and Irish Although I dont speak spanish because my grandmother was raised to amercianize the children,and to respect the amercian culture, to live HONESTLY, AND TO BE HARD WORKING, go to SCHOOL and get a good education, be productive.... LIVE THE AMERICAN DREAM, I am very upset with how things have been going and I LIKE the new laws that are being set into place. Here in Florida... U CANT EVEN GET A JOB UNLESS YOU ARE BI LINGUAL... Now, knowing more then one language is great if you plan to travel, but when you come to AMERICA, you should LEARN TO SPEAK ENGLISH! I know its hard to learn a second language as an adult, but when your forced to learn english in order to EAT you will learn. My great grandparents didnt have the liberty of coming to a new country and saying "WE SPEAK SPANISH AND WE DEMAND TO SPEAK TO A TRANSLATOR" HELL NO! NOT IN THE 1940's!! Their was no bilingual people to talk to an order to go to the grocery store and buy food, or to help with understanding the bills, THEY HAD TO LEARN IT ON THEIR OWN and you know what?! IT CAN BE DONE!

This nation is a nation built on immigrants, but those immigrants came to this country understanding that once your here, you have to comform to how we live. And the immigrants that came, wanted to live the way we were living. They wanted our freedoms, and they were willing to adapt to our cultural. These new age immigrants have a false sense of entitlement when they come to our country. Be proud of your hertiage but respect your citizenship! Instead of hanging those flags in your car such as the cuban flag, PR flag, Demonican flag, Italian Flag, ECT ECT... How bout they hang the AMERICAN flag??

And why should America give up their money to help their neighboring countries, when the mexican government is more corrupt then ours? Their government knows of the smuggling of drugs, thats how they make their money. If America was to send money over to mexico "To help build them up" as you say, how do we not know they wont use the money to help smuggle more drugs in this country, when we have a war on drugs? Sounds like conflict of intrest to me..So that my friend will never happen. Non Americans making comments about our immigration issues, is neither here no there, everyone has an opinion. They will say what they want, even though its not their problem, they shouldnt be told to mind thier own business, maybe a non american can come up with an idea to help the immigration laws??

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I know this sounds stereotypical but my personal view of reality is that it takes 2-5 Latinos to do any job 1 other person could do. Only one simple example was a small in store bank. I was talking to the former manager as we stood frustrated in line. There where 5 cashiers standing around talking, gossiping, fumbling around and the manager said when he was there 2 people handled the process competently and efficiently. These people are unprofessional hacks. They infiltrate into jobs by being friends of friends in a Latino first hiring agenda. I know of other situation like a dental office where the small office had a dozen or so Latinos, totally unprofessional, completely incompetent to understand and use X-Ray and other dangerous equipment. How do they get hired? Why? I suspect a kick back system of some kind is being established. I suspect there is literally an invasion agenda complete with underground hiring practices underway.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Reply to post by andy1033

Opening all your borders resulted in economic perfection too, didn't it?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
These accusations are always immature. "You don't know what we have to deal with."

It is a form of alienation to disregard opinions just because of local. And it shows a lack of worldliness considering many in Europe do have their own immigration issues.

So instead of being divisive, focus on the issue at hand.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This thread is a GREAT way to make international friends and allies!!!

Why not approach this situation with a little more love and understanding.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
no one is telling US what to do, we are just laughing at you.

For example
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I live in Denmark and the situation is different in Europe than in US. In Europe country's such as Germany, UK, Denmark decided it would be a good idea to let people from Turkey come into their country because it was very cheap to pay them (and this was after world war 2) and after they were brought into the country's they let them stay.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Threads like these make me wonder exactly how we've found a way to pack so many bigots onto one tiny little planet. Freaking unbelievable.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
People in Europe ought to know plenty about America's immigration crisis. They have it even worse! Not only do they have unskilled, non-assimilating masses taking root in their countries, but they've got far more radical Islamics showing up.

Unfortunately, people prefer to live with their heads in the sand, assuming the best about people who can very well do them harm. I'd argue that Americans themselves - outside of those living in border states - don't even fully understand the problem of illegal immigration.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join