It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Austin, Texas City Council Votes Consider AZ Boycott

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I live in Austin, moved here to go to school 4 years back. Originally wanted to go to UT and be a "Longhorn"....until I drank the ATS kool-aid. Now I can't stand those over privileged brats. I'm going to Texas State instead. And although I don't agree with Austin passing this law (I support AZ, because ILLEGAL is ILLEGAL), I absolutely love this city. I can actually go into a mom and pop shop and support local families, there's great farmers markets, ALWAYS festivals which ALWAYS support the homeless and hungry. It may be "weird", but I love it.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

As an outsider what would you propose Arizona do specifically?
Everyone seems to know what not to do but no one has any ideas on how to solve the problem.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
As an outsider this is quite funny to watch. States going at it because one state was a frekin retard and passed a hateful law that actually isn't even designed to do what ignorant people think!

What most of the people arguing about this completely neglect to consider is that this is a direct intimidation tactic, that's all. This law has nothing to do with legally controlling immigration, it has everything to do with victimizing and threatening other people in the hope that it'll scare them away.

If a state wants respect it deals with its problems in an adult and level headed manner, not with arbitrary and ill-thought-out laws creating criminals from regular people and breeding racism.
They are doing exactly what the Nazis did, and most are too ignorant to see it.

It's a pathetic, knee-jerk, uneducated reaction to a genuine problem. It causes more problems than it solves (clearly), and panders to an idiotic population who can barely count to ten without seeking assistance.

I hope Arizona has its ass kicked by other states over this. If the leadership are going to implement laws under public pressure even when they know it'll do more harm than good, they deserve to get a pounding from more intelligent states.

Laws should be created to better the state, not to bow down to mindless public pressure. It's the responsibility of those leaders to explain the facts and persuade the public, not brainlessly accept an irresponsible law that they KNOW will damage their state and their people.

IDOTS!

I don't know where you are from and who you think your are?
But I can tell you this much.

After you made these statements: "If a state wants respect it deals with its problems in an adult and level headed manner, not with arbitrary and ill-thought-out laws creating criminals from regular people and breeding racism."
"They are doing exactly what the Nazis did, and most are too ignorant to see it."
"It's a pathetic, knee-jerk, uneducated reaction to a genuine problem. It causes more problems than it solves (clearly), and panders to an idiotic population who can barely count to ten without seeking assistance."

My Mother was a Nazi Youth as a young woman in Germany (age 22).
I can tell you, You know nothing of Nazis.
I understand just how young and ignorant you must be Or an Illegal yourself. Because you have clearly not read the law or know what law this law was patterned from. I would suggest you read the law and or have your mommy read it to you or maybe you need someone in your group to translate it into English for you.
I think the Idea that other states hurting Arizona with a boycott is wishful thinking. The only think your going to do is, drive the illegals to your home state and I THANK YOU FOR THAT!

[edit on 14-5-2010 by guohua]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join