It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Church" is NOT Christianity!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth1000
My point is this: "The Church" of their day was definitely the continuation of what Jesus taught. Nevertheless, there have been dramatic changes from "The Church" of their time leading to the "The Church of Modern Christianity" of our day. In doing so, new doctrines and teachings have deviated the instructions from God that were obeyed back then.

True believers are directed of the Lord, even in our day. However, that tends to happen in spite of the "Modern Church" rather than because of it.

Did you read the part where I said
"and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."
What church would this be?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Does that IMMEDIATELY include the Baptist Church down the street? How about the Methodist Church? Or the Catholic Church? Or the Mormon Church? Or the 7th Day Adventist? Or the Jehovah's Witness Church? What about the Church of God, that teaches they are the only "true" church of our age?

Are all of them automatically included? Are some of them included, but not others? Are any of them automatically included?

Or perhaps it really isn't the "Churches" but rather the righteous individuals, regardless of which building they go to, that comprise "The Church."

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Jesus was a Buddhist. I had a feeling this was true when i was young and the older i get the more clear it has become to me. Where was Jesus in the missing years?

If you compare what jesus preached it is almost exactly like buddhism.

Also there were buddhist in Alexandria, Egypt. I recently found this out. Do some research and it will blow your mind.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dherik

Hmm, last I checked every single community of people have those who fall short of the community standard. Do you think all Muslims agree with the suicide bombers? Or whatever atrocities people in power period do?

When one runs into 2 out of every 3 Christians as rude, overbearing, thieving, lying backstabbing, self important bastards, Then yah. The past couple days ALONE are chock full of this sort of thing! I dont even mean news items, I am talking personal experiences. news items are for sensationalism and to give people's pulse a massage.

In 2 days: I found out I was being used and cheated over a 3d model. This person lied about their income, lied about everything, and then when I asked in depth questions, tried to cover their butts with 'it's for ministry'. I had people going to church almost running me down- while I am hoofing it double time with bags of groceries (a friend's car blew a tire- I had a dual mission- get tools to get the lugnuts off, put up the frozen items- a mile in the heat and up 2 hills). The couldn't help but see me- they'd speed up as fast as they could and shot by me.

This is with me AVOIDING Christians and churchgoers, yet!

So, yeah.... the whole thing is pretty much evil. Not only that, but it's obvious that the rest of the faith cater to and put up with such nonsense.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth1000

Being that Peter went on to become the first Pope, Well, you do the math.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth1000

Does that IMMEDIATELY include the Baptist Church down the street? How about the Methodist Church? Or the Catholic Church? Or the Mormon Church? Or the 7th Day Adventist? Or the Jehovah's Witness Church? What about the Church of God, that teaches they are the only "true" church of our age? Are all of them automatically included? Are some of them included, but not others? Are any of them automatically included? Or perhaps it really isn't the "Churches" but rather the righteous individuals, regardless of which building they go to, that comprise "The Church."

Yah, it pretty much do. Same song, diff dance.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The church is completely corrupt, was probably infiltrated by dark forces long ago, and has nothing beneficial to teach anyone. If you want to be a true christian, read the bible yourself, old and new testement, and remember that the house of God is not in any building made by man, it is your soul.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

I quote only your sig...

signature
Sola scriptura. Sola fide. Sola gratia. Solo Christo. Soli Deo gloria.

I am a reptilian.

Now I do not wish to "flame" you here, just the facts. The highest heavenly creatures are called Seraphim, a word which the highly esteemed Jewish Encyclopedia states means "fiery flying serpent", though medieval Christians have transformed these "dragons" into the more familiar, swan-winged, "cartoon" angels of popular culture. When the ancient Jews translated the word Seraphim into Greek, the word they used was drakon, which is the word our modern "dragon" is derived from. The only graven image/idol Yahweh ever permits is that of a "fiery flying serpent", obviously his personal image, This image has supernatural powers, and Yahweh allows it to be freely worshiped in Solomon's temple. As soon as the idol is broken, disaster befalls Israel and it has never recovered until the late 20th century. This can be researched, I have done it, as can you. I can easily see why you say that you are a Reptilian, for that means your Christian God Yahweh is A Reptilian, as I and many of us have suspected for many years now. Yahweh being a Dragon would explain a great many things about him, his way and means of getting things done, his blood-lust for human beings, and so on. A little light reading....

Tracking Cains Reptilian Bloodline Today

Were Humans Created by Reptilians?

Prince of EArth

By the way, I also happen to think that Yeshua bin Joseph (Jesus) was sent here by the Pleiadians, to teach man/womankind how to live peacefully and to love one another. He did not start a religion, or build a church, in fact, he seemed to have hated organized religion and the greedy ways of the High Priests. He never said one time that he was God. He often said he "was not of this world." Figure it out.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Religion is very much a personal issue, for it affects each one individually, and comes from one's heart.

I will not attempt to interprete the Messiah's words, for no mortal man has such authority, but I hope you will allow me to share an insight and you to ponder upon His words.

'Jesus said to Peter,
Matthew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.'

Before you ponder upon those words, think

1. Who the Messiah was and how he lived. He was not a rich man, but a humble carpenter and dressed simply. He did not ask for donations or gold, but instead pitied the thousands who flock to Him and feed them on His own. He was only a simple and caring man in the flesh then.

2. What was a 'church' in mind then? Was it a impressive gold laden building, an intricately carved synagogue? Being a simple man who asked for nothing, would it be a simple building where His words can be better explained to the masses, a congregation and a fellowship of those who will heed His teachings?

3. What is a rock? That small piece of stone on the ground...or Earth?

4. What are the gates of hell? Gates mean openings. An opening that will unleash the demons onto the Church?

Ponder and then let your Holy Spirit guide you to a new level of understanding. Trust not my words or any man's words, but your Teacher's words and our Creator's, guided on your own free will. One day, we will all return to our Creator, for all roads lead back to Him on Judgement Day.

Peace.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The thief on the cross needed no beautiful buildings, fancy doctrines, rich ministers, or anything else to have Jesus say that he would be with Jesus in Paradise with him, following a simple profession of faith.

So, is it more important to be a part of a fancy church, or to have a spiritual belief that God finds acceptable? And no human understands how God can see the spirit that is within each of us.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
These days, even the common concept of what is "The Church" has undergone such radical changes that just the basic definition cannot be agreed upon anymore.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join