It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you view a Species such as Humans as Humans, Intelligent Monkeys or Just Monkeys??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I view humans as dumb aggressive monkeys (also my apologies to all monkeys for comparing them to humans).

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Humans are a subspecies of apes. Last I checked apes are a sub-set of monkeys so technically - yeah we're both humans monkeys and apes. Here this video explains it:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I believe we are just another primate. And any other claim is based on ego. I hear it all the time from creationists " maybe you came from a monkey, but I didn't " Pure egotism and nothing more.

Are we special ?

I think only 0.0000000001% of us are special, the rest rely on that small % through-out history to learn, stay alive and move forward. Most people are not intelligent enough to have original thought processes or invent anything. They can only mimic, like all animals do. They live and die and leave nothing behind. Except maybe breed, which all again all animals do.

I think we have a higher rate of original thinkers than other animals and that combined with a little bit of communication and a few million years made all the difference.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Just a question for all who are not afraid to answer. Me I view humanity as humanity lol, what about you?

me, too.

viva la raza!

la raza humana!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

Oh please.

Before we can discuss this, we need to define our terms.

What do you mean by a 'human being'?

What do you mean by 'intelligent monkeys'?

What do you mean by 'just monkeys'?

Explain the difference between them and we'll be able to understand your question.

Until you do, you could easily be mistaken for a stupid creationist.

Are you a stupid creationist?

No, am I ????
2nd

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I got some decent feedback from this thread some seemed a little agressive and others inputs seemed very scientific thank you all for this little scan friends.

[edit on 5/27/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
In our lowest manifestation view us as killer apes. In our highest manifesestation we are wonderful spiritual beings.

Thank you much!!!!!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I think of humans as primates, and not necessarily the best of the family of primates.

IMO, we're not monkeys, nor were we descended from them, but shared a common relative somewhere on the phylogeny tree before Australopithicus.

No self-respecting monkey would claim us. We laugh at them for throwing feces -- the ultimate irony -- and we, as a species, package feces and sell it for food.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
We're just barely getting out of tree swingin ape, so I'd say intelligent monkey on the verge of becoming a intelligent human

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

I see a lot of --feces-- thrown back and forth all the time on these threads. Perhaps we are no better then they are?

[/sarcasm]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I just view them as scum really to be honest. They effectively murdered my life for no reason. Scum.

All they are good for is torturing and killing others, i.e the police spend 20 years trying to frame people who do nothing.

here we go.....more misanthropy.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
We're just a monophyletic cell lineage (or polyphyletic collection of genes) that builds complex organic machines not that different from other primates (or monkeys for that matter as for example people with Rh+ blood are more closely related to rhesus monkeys than to Rh- humans in case of that particular gene). I think the key difference between us and other primates is language. It makes us a little special (maybe). If we applied the same species criteria to mammals than we apply to bacteria and archaea (70 % DDH, less than 5 Celsius deltaTm, > 98,7 16S rDNA similarity & 95 % ANI) then everything between humans and lemurs would be of same species. All species concepts are either theoretical (BSC, ESC, etc.) or operational-based (i.e. PhSC). They're just artificial constructs that are in my opinion unnecessary. Then there's the thing that there are at least 10 times more bacterial cells than animal cells in our bodies (and maybe 100-times more genes coming from them) and without them we'd die. What does that make us? On another level from 10 years back of the atoms that made you hardly any are part of you any more. So in a sense we are not even the stuff we're made of. Reality is a pretty weird place, but I'm loving my reality tunnel.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by rhinoceros]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

all of the above, and primates lucky enough to get opposable thumbs.

while wondering why pacifists pass their fists (not fighting their own fight)?

while wondering why the religions rely on guns?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
human child =
born into a world where fellow humans expect manditory compliance with more laws and rules than any one human can possibly learn in one lifetime.
Case And Point, lock all your governments' lawmakers(senators/supreme court justices) up in one building, providing them with all they need, and do not let them out until they write down word for word all existing laws from their own memories.
if they can't do it, then how realistic is it to expect any human child born today to comply with such expectations?

primate child = Throws their own feices at humans, for hating their own children so much as to never let them feel at home here.

why not just force all two year olds to play monopoly, and then punish them when they break the rules?

ah, but what is my opinion worth?
maybe i'm just a monkey with an i.q.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
what is the distance between the source of our consciousness, self awareness, sentiences, and a singularity that exists somewhere sometime?

if time is linear ...

If we don't know where we started ....
and if we don't know where we are going ...
how can we be sure where we are?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Can someone be lactose-intolerant and still be considered an effective mammal?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join