It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you view a Species such as Humans as Humans, Intelligent Monkeys or Just Monkeys??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Just a question for all who are not afraid to answer. Me I view humanity as humanity lol, what about you?

[edit on 5/14/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

Caps lock title edit.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by dbates]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Sexy, technological monkeys.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
My view is that humans are the same as other present life forms. Humans evolved only thanks to their intellect, and maybe that will be the fall of humans as well.

Human = animal, only an animal that has a major impact on its surroundings.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I view humans as an oddity. We managed to spring up from primitive and humble origins and turned into the dominant species on the planet. However, what we did when we attained this supremacy is a bit dissatisfying. I think humanity has a lot of promise. It'll be interesting to see how everything turns out.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I just view them as scum really to be honest. They effectively murdered my life for no reason. Scum.

All they are good for is torturing and killing others, i.e the police spend 20 years trying to frame people who do nothing.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I just view them as scum really to be honest. They effectively murdered my life for no reason. Scum.

All they are good for is torturing and killing others, i.e the police spend 20 years trying to frame people who do nothing.

I must ask you, why do you refer to humans as "they" when you are a human being as well.

Not all humans are scum. Enough of them are scum, and the rest just follow the herd. Humans prefer to be herded and by now, marketing and propaganda mixed with blackmails (money) make it all the more easier to manipulate us.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The definition of humanity is the key factor, when dealing with this issue. What defines humanity? Are we humans, because we differentiate ourselves from the other living species by the presumed differences between the levels of consciousness or is it just a matter of how our DNA is different to monkeys? The facts are that we share a lot of DNA sequences with monkeys, but then again, we do have the same genetical similarity with mice and even fruit flies, up to the point where both of the latter species are used in scientific research, when testing can't be applied to human subjects. If we see humanity as a mere reflection of our mutually shared and accepted (collective) subconscious/conscious state of being, then we cannot make such a differentiation without assuming no other life forms can ever achieve the same.

What was the question again... Ah, yes, see my signature.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

ooohhhhooooohh aaaaahhhh aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh banana! oooohhhhh

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Monkeys are Babalonions God cursed them, and turned them into monkey to confuse their speech
Baboon, Babylon, Babalonions.

All the rest of the monkeys are descendants.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I believe that humans were created by God!
I also know that some here do act like their
ancestors swung from trees and peeled
bananas with their feet!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
We're smart, curious and resourcefull animals.

Something triggered our evolution.

The overwhelming majority of us are fantastic, wonderful beings, with a few woeful exceptions who are - to be blunt - a waste of perfectly good organs.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
All of you inputs thus far are interesting and appreceiated, just wanted to get a feel of ATS again sort of a scan if 1 may..I think some of the replies are funny but have not found any that are ignorant in nature as of yet...

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan
Sexy, technological monkeys.

lol thank you!
2nd

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
To say I am a monkey is to say I am other forms of previous stages of evolution...I am not a single celled amoeba...nor am I a fish, or lizard, or monkey...I am currently a human, or homo-sapian sapian..

And in a few hundred thousand years, as the species evolves, I (loose term, a person then) will be something new then, be it nano-human, or cyborg, Conscious Energy Particle (CEPs), etc...

When you leave your home and live somewhere else, do you say you live at the previous home, or you live at your current address...our current genetic address is human.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
To say I am a monkey is to say I am other forms of previous stages of evolution...I am not a single celled amoeba...nor am I a fish, or lizard, or monkey...I am currently a human, or homo-sapian sapian..

And in a few hundred thousand years, as the species evolves, I (loose term, a person then) will be something new then, be it nano-human, or cyborg, Conscious Energy Particle (CEPs), etc...

When you leave your home and live somewhere else, do you say you live at the previous home, or you live at your current address...our current genetic address is human.

Powerfull statement I likes!
2nd

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ubasti

But while i know i am human, i have never done anything to anyone or ever will, but you live a life of people trying to destroy your life for 20 odd years on made up rubbish in there minds, you see what really people are.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
well since Humans and Monkeys are BY DEFINITION different species I can't call myslef an intelligent monkey. Otherwise there would not be a distinction and we should be able to mate with our fellow species.

I think, personally, if someone wants to say, "Hey, we are just advanced Monkeys." Then I have a plan...

Stop being Prejudice against Monkeys and let them have the same rights and privaliges as US! Let them marry our daugthers, vote, take out mortgages, etc.

They probably can handle debt better then most Americans anyway.

Take your logic to its natural conclusion...If monkeis are the same as us, then WHY AREN'T THEY THREATED THE SAME AS US?!?!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

reply to post by Ubasti

But while i know i am human, i have never done anything to anyone or ever will, but you live a life of people trying to destroy your life for 20 odd years on made up rubbish in there minds, you see what really people are.

People as a mass are damaging. It is the mutation of society based on greed - not for money, but for power.

However, there is no point in loosing hope for humanity - instead, we should try to change. First ourselves and then the world.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ubasti

reply to post by Ubasti

People as a mass are damaging. It is the mutation of society based on greed - not for money, but for power.

However, there is no point in loosing hope for humanity - instead, we should try to change. First ourselves and then the world.

Maybe the mass you hang out with. The folks I hang out with, respect our planet, and respect that fact that we don't know everything about it, which gives us a respect for the unknown, and because of that, we seek the knowledge with an open mind.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Maybe the mass you hang out with. The folks I hang out with, respect our planet, and respect that fact that we don't know everything about it, which gives us a respect for the unknown, and because of that, we seek the knowledge with an open mind.

I am confused - nowhere in my post did I say I do not respect the planet or the fact that I do not know anything about it. Generalisation is present in my post, maybe that confused you...I am sorry if it did.

It is good that you have such people (as your friends are) to share opinions with. And it is good you have an open mind as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join