It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Christie: A Sign of Hope...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

This has been a loooong time coming, Save Jerseyans.

The antics of liberal columnist Tom Moran (and the anti-Christie curmudgeon Paul Mulshine Moonshine) are topics of regular discussion here at Save Jersey. Until now, however, no one else has had the intestinal fortitude to put them in their place except for your beloved and revered Blogger-in-Chief.

Then came along Governor Christopher J. Christie! Check out the INCREDIBLE (and entertaining) exchange he had with Moran at yesterday's "33 bills" press conference. When was the last time we saw a Republican elected official display this much backbone with the media, Save Jerseyans? Not since Reagan...

Governor takes on reporter

This guy has only been in the office for a few months and he is shaking things up even more. This is a fine example of a Conservative who is fighting for those voters who supported him and also those who didn't.

New Jersey should count their blessing as they have landed a true savior in these trying times who I believe will turn things around after years of corruption.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
That was great!! Finally an Elected Official stands up and speaks clearly about something. S&F.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
i think he is the arrow tip for the Conservative agenda. We will be seeing more of him, a lot more.
)

I have a friend that was removed from his job (politically appointee) by the new Gov and even he said that the Gov will be good for the state.

And, that friend-a life long Dem, has decided to leave the Dem Party. He is finally seeing the light of what years and years of Dem political control and corruption has done to his great State.

S&F

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Christie is the man; the teacher's union would have you believe he's a child-hating monster, but Christie is easily the best governor the state of NJ has had for some time now.

Even if he wasn't a proper conservative, I'd respect him for speaking directly as he does. Anything would have been better than 4 more years of Corzine but Christie definitely earned the votes he got.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Hey Guys I totally agree, he is a breath of fresh air. I mean its only been a few months since he has gotten elected and he is not playing nice to anyone. He doesn't care if his tactics to bringing New Jersey under control will hurt him in re-election. He is a direct guy who is not only lashing at leftists who stand in his way to reform but also members of his own party.

New Jersey is so lucky,

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Well, that was certainly refreshing. We need more people like this guy! That was awesome!!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
New Jersey should count their blessing as they have landed a true savior in these trying times who I believe will turn things around after years of corruption.

Why count our blessings? It wasn't a miracle -- we voted him into office!

He's making the tough choices and wiping out a lot in the education funding. This has some parents and a lot of teachers extremely unhappy with him. That being said, he also cut government jobs and froze salaries -- so at least he is practicing what he's preaching.

I also like the fact, that except during campaigning and his first official speech as governor, he makes no mention of "blaming the other guy". Instead of going on and on about the mess that Corzine left him, he takes ownership of his decisions and makes them his own.

He has a backbone, he's cutting for government as much as the people, and isn't making excuses for the tough choices he's making.

I'm still supporting him until he gives me a reason not to -- which I hope he doesn't at least for awhile.

He's also focusing on bringing back small business which left the state in droves during Corzine. Corzine passed so many taxes and restrictions and red tape and paperwork, that small business couldn't survive and make a profit. This was even before the recession really hit.

It would be nice to see some of my neighbors' businesses come back to Jersey....

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
What I was impressed with Gov. Christie is that he ran on this one principle: I am a one term Govenor.
In his own words, he is there for one term, his focus is for the 4 years he is in office, that is not his seat, not something he is working on getting reelected to. His concern is for the state of NJ and the problems that it has, so he does not have time to try to work on gathering donations. He even stated that when the next election rolls around if the voters want him back, they can reelect him, if not, then they can elect someone else, but his focus is going to be on doing the best job that he can, without focusing on the next 4 years.
I think that is the kind of politicians we all need, just focused on the job they are elected to do, not the next term.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627

Why count our blessings? It wasn't a miracle -- we voted him into office!

Hey I am very happy to see that New Jersey voters finally stepped up to the plate after all of the negativity that was surrounding him during the election, should definitely count your blessings after being awoken from the KOOL AID induced trance. I have a lot of family in New Jersey that are planning to leave & were to leave by moving their businesses or just picking up anew. Some of them are changing their mind as they have lived in the state for so long and they love being in the NE corridor.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

This has been a loooong time coming, Save Jerseyans.

The antics of liberal columnist Tom Moran (and the anti-Christie curmudgeon Paul Mulshine Moonshine) are topics of regular discussion here at Save Jersey. Until now, however, no one else has had the intestinal fortitude to put them in their place except for your beloved and revered Blogger-in-Chief.

Then came along Governor Christopher J. Christie! Check out the INCREDIBLE (and entertaining) exchange he had with Moran at yesterday's "33 bills" press conference. When was the last time we saw a Republican elected official display this much backbone with the media, Save Jerseyans? Not since Reagan...

Governor takes on reporter

This guy has only been in the office for a few months and he is shaking things up even more. This is a fine example of a Conservative who is fighting for those voters who supported him and also those who didn't.

This fat and disgusting tub of lard is an azzhat.

He is cutting funding to schools, cities who did not vote for him. I'm in Jersey City-Hudson and Hudson Co did not vote for him and as a thank you at least a dozen public high schools in the county stand to lose their athletic programs this and next yr while counties like Bergen, Passaic get tax breaks while Hudson taxes have gone up by at least 35% (45+% in some areas).

I've had the displeasure in meeting this fool (as well as Corzine, McGreevy, Whitman, Florio, Kean) and he walks around like his yap don't stink. It does. He only cared about Operation : Bid Rig when it was convenient for him to run. Other then that he don't give a yap about our state.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

Your civility is admirable.

He is cutting funding to schools, cities who did not vote for him. I'm in Jersey City-Hudson and Hudson Co did not vote for him and as a thank you at least a dozen public high schools in the county stand to lose their athletic programs this and next yr while counties like Bergen, Passaic get tax breaks while Hudson taxes have gone up by at least 35% (45+% in some areas).
The Governor only appoints the amount of money allocated to a school district, the Board on that district, which in NJ is usually in the pocket of the NJEA is who decides what programs, facilities and faculty come and go with the budget. The only people you have to blame for an Athletic program being cut is the board who refuse to cut administrative fat FIRST.

Personally, I would LOVE to hear your own ideas for fixing the budget crisis in New Jersey.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I've had the displeasure in meeting this fool (as well as Corzine, McGreevy, Whitman, Florio, Kean) and he walks around like his yap don't stink. It does. He only cared about Operation : Bid Rig when it was convenient for him to run. Other then that he don't give a yap about our state.

Newsflash:

I don't think you are aware that the current Governor didn't force your schools budget cuts, it was the voters in NJ who went out the polls in record numbers to cut them.

Again the KOOL AID is wearing off.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

Your civility is admirable.

The Governor only appoints the amount of money allocated to a school district, the Board on that district, which in NJ is usually in the pocket of the NJEA is who decides what programs, facilities and faculty come and go with the budget. The only people you have to blame for an Athletic program being cut is the board who refuse to cut administrative fat FIRST.

Personally, I would LOVE to hear your own ideas for fixing the budget crisis in New Jersey.

Bret Schunlder, New Jersey Commissioner of Education is a former Mayor of Jersey City (who I've also met, another azzhat) and since my city went against him this is a political strike.

1. Repeal all tax breaks issued to any person making more then $250,000 a year.
2. Re-evaluate all tax items on all new construction. Make the companies buy their ebatement period.
3. Increase the taxes on any company not from the state. Making it law so that any out of state company wants to do business in this state pay a higher tax rate while keeping state based companies taxes lower.
4. Renegotiate our interest rates on all lending by the State. This alone could add a few Billion to the coffers.
5. School and education credits to those who graduate high school and are attending college.
6. Bring more manufacturing into the state.
7. Increase the property tax rate on all properties worth higher then $1,000,000 by at least 20%.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Taxes are not the key. Taxes will only make NJ less competitive to the states who do avoid raising taxes. Christie has chosen to cut the NJ government's spending. Allowing voters to make decisions on approving education budgets. First you cut your spending that has been choking the system, then come back to re-evaluate and see if further steps need to be taken. States that look to increasing taxes for the sake of balancing budgets are not planning for the long term growth, how long would tax increases last?

new topics

top topics

join