It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indonesia 'uncovers plot to kill president'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Indonesia 'uncovers plot to kill president'

news.bbc.co.uk

Indonesian security forces say they have uncovered a militant plot to assassinate the president and kill foreigners in a Mumbai-style attack.

They say the plan was to strike during an Independence Day ceremony on 17 August, and declare an Islamic state.

The militants also planned to take over hotels and kill foreigners, they said.

The announcement came a day after three suspected militants were detained in the latest in a series of anti-terror raids.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.com
www.rthk.org.hk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
India Under Terror Attack! At least ten people killed in Mumbai shootings: TV (now 125 +)

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
My first thought is good job Indonesia for discovering this before it happened. Second I think the real point here is that there are still training camps, and groups with extremist ideals in Indonesia.
The article quoted does go on to say in addition to killing the president the had planned to attack hotels, police station and kill foreigners

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
We can not continue to ride are soap box while terrorism exists. We continue to redefine the word and actions in order to make the minority happy. While the rest of the world has and continues to live "Terrorism" we recoil and wait for another 9/11. Regardless of the origins any attack on the defenseless for the purpose of media exposure nad religious endeavours or political position is wrong...FOR GOD SAKES, WHERE ARE YOU SUPERMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bkfd54

bkfd
thanks for posting.
But as to superman, I think you might be waiting a long time. In the fight against terror, it is up to the individual and the governmental agencies to stop it.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
reply to post by bkfd54

bkfd
thanks for posting.
But as to superman, I think you might be waiting a long time. In the fight against terror, it is up to the individual and the governmental agencies to stop it.

I agree however, if the individual and goverment continue to handcuff...

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bkfd54

It might take enough of the individual citizens to complain about the problem before the government will actually do what needs to be done. Unfortunate but it could be true.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
reply to post by bkfd54

It might take enough of the individual citizens to complain about the problem before the government will actually do what needs to be done. Unfortunate but it could be true.

Have you ever tried getting the government to listen to you? At least here they just ignore us and do what they want anyway, in other countries they shoot you.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

Firefly
the point I was making is one person sitting back and controlling say five little white rats is one thing. But then one controlling say five hundred, or five thousand is something else. That is why I say if you live in a free country and your representative is doing something you don't like, call they and tell them what you want.

new topics

top topics

join