It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music Meditation.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012
I love meditating to music, especially calming music. My favorite is Ashana.

Wow. I just finished listening to that song. It was incredible. I really needed that today.

That was really really good.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LususNaturae

Well, I suppose given that Hendrix wasn't very well versed in music theory either (he would go into studio sessions and tell band mates things like, "Make it sound like the ocean" lol) that could very well be true. I'm definitely much more attuned to the way sound "feels" (almost physically, actually) than I am to timing or structure. I mean, I can appreciate a complex chord progression, but I don't know what that really means lol. As you might imagine, this makes syncopation really difficult for me, but I get by in my opinion.

All I know is that I love it and it brings me peace and is an outlet. I'd be insane by now without it!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

So there you go. You ARE a musician after all! It doesn't take any technical skill to be a musician. Hell, most snobby music students would gladly tell me I'm an amateur; and I am, by all means, yet I'm still a musician because I can and do express myself through sound. That's really all it takes, IMO, to be a musician. I do all sorts of things; I play instruments, and thats my main focus, but I also make hip-hop style beats using samples of songs that I enjoy that I don't often see circulating in todays hip-hop circle.

Anyway, if you guys want some relaxing music to listen to; to meditate to
please give this song a listen
"In A Summer Garden" by Frederick Delius

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I forgot the Buddha-Bar collection. There are around 12 or 13 double CD sets out. You can check it out here on youtube, someone made a 49 song playlist. What i like to do is turn autoplay on and shuffle on and just enjoy the kick ass relaxing songs while i am working or relaxing.

www.youtube.com...

Enjoy!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
It's interesting to see what kind of music is chosen for meditation. I myself don't like slow paced songs. I like a quick beat, so that my mind go crazy like a roller coaster.

I had an amazing experience one night by accident. I was listening to Justice(link to exact song below), and i decided to just let my mind feel the music, and instantly it felt like i was on a wild ride. Bursts of colors were everywher, i felt like was flying through a tunnel of intense colors and emotions. It was simply amazing.

the only bad thing is that since then the experiences haven't been as intense as the first time. But its still enjoyable.

www.youtube.com...
its live so the crowd be heard. The quality isn't as good as the actual mp3 so the crowd is a little louder for the first minute.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
To the people talking about making your own music. I feel you on that one. I am no professional music maker, but I do have a story to share about all this:

I went camping with some friends one time, deep in the woods. We set up camp during the evening hours, and also went to gather firewood. When nighttime started to approach, we built us a healthy campfire, and my friends brought out their musical instruments such as a guitar and several pairs of conga drums. I asked if I could play one of the pairs of conga drums, and they obliged. So there we were, surrounding a roaring campfire, making music out in good ol' nature. It was a very powerful, deep, and primal music session, and it took me straight back to my ancestral roots. It was a great night.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I agree music is a great source of energy and sometimes it can be extremely powerful. I would also say though, that it's important to not become reliant on music to reach a higher/deeper state of meditation as that will take away from your ability to achieve the same state without music, which would actually be a form of suffering.

Good post!
mmm...

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
I would also say though, that it's important to not become reliant on music to reach a higher/deeper state of meditation

Really true. Sometimes if I spend all day listening to music, the next day I will be inclined to do it all over again. But if I take a break from music, I find myself enjoying the silence.

Both silence and music are both powerful tools when it comes to meditation. Learn to use both wisely.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I think it may be possible that we have stumbled into an actual conspiracy?
Hear me out:

We have been discussing the profound effects that music has had on us; surely we are not the only ones on the planet, and someone here has already stated that everybody must feel music in one way or another. Music has become quite an integral part of our lives and has done so without anyone REALLY noticing it. Just look at how many iPods and other mp3 players are sold in a year. Lots, to be sure, and they only do one thing...

Now, I honestly don't mean to bash the mainstream music industry (although I am often prone to do so) but the music that has been released since... well, since a long time now, I'd say it has its roots in the '80s but it could be even as far back as the '20s and some might argue it started in the 1700's or earlier. Music has changed its face, quite plainly. No longer do people look for the meditative style of concentrated playing. People look instantly for catchiness. Something that will stick in your head like a parasite and keep you humming their tune. This isn't a bad thing of course not, for catchiness is usually a good thing to have in music, however, I believe, it must to some extent be detrimental when there are SO MANY sources from which we find ourselves having a song stuck in our heads. It's either clever advertising, or there is a deeper agenda at work here. Why would they want us to be humming and otherwise have tunes stuck in our heads?

Well, since we have been talking about the effect of music on our brains... If they WERE to try and brainwash us... what would be the most effective way do you think? Combined with television/music videos the effect would be ten-fold.

Just a thought though, don't take it seriously,
LususNaturae

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LususNaturae

I do think their is some sort of conspiracy going on inside the music industry, actually maybe many. However, I think you said the main one yourself, dumbing down the content and making it catchy so Adverts can sell products around it, but that is also the fault of the many artists who are willing to sell themselves out. Imo that won't last much longer tho, once the majority again begin to realize money will not bring them happiness, and just make music because their soul is pouring it out. Although I also feel soon in the future there will not be a "music industry" like as we know of it now, so who know's. We have got enough good stuff from the past few hundred years to last us for a very long time imo.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
What I like most about music is how it can set a mood when hanging out with other people. Depending on who is in charge of picking music, it can make a party successful or fail.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Definitely can appreciate some good roots, reggae, dub.

Trance really takes me places though.

Are you living in hawaii by chance?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join