It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe you are an earthling? I don't think I am.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by loisthegriffin

UH oh, stay by me sister, I am being attacked.

As if I care about the attack - huh.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I'm just wondering, catwhoknows. How many nu metal albums do you possess?

link   
reply to post by wigit

I was found.

So, where was I born?

link   

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Welcome new member and I hope you have an amazing time at ATS.

Now to reply to your OP…

You have got to be kidding me right? You are human and you are from earth, if you do not like other people it is a psychological problem. If you don’t like food, then you just don’t like food. I am not doubting the existence of aliens, I am just telling you that YOU ARE NOT AN ALIEN!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

I am not whining about flu.

If you do not like or respect my views, I suggest you do not contribute.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
The only people I really feel any kinship with are hardcore metalheads, who are more animal than Human themselves.

lol

Do these "hardcore metalheads" like Slipknot, NIN and Mushroomhead?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Why is it that for people who feel "different", their first assumption is to think they're "not of this world" and somehow non-human or alien?

I've never felt like I belong, or that I share the same values and morals as everyone else. I know I don't.

However, I *am* a human being. I'm not an alien, I'm not a grey, I'm not an indigo - which is utter rubbish, by the way. "Indigo" being a new-age name for kids with ADD and social problems

Just because you feel different and don't "get" the human condition doesn't mean you're not human, or that your first assumption should jump to the fantastical.

More and more people are becoming aware of the over saturation of useless technology, mundane jobs and working conditions and the overall pointless goal of acquiring wealth and possessions. All it means is you, as a human being, are evolving away from the ego and it's whiny, childish "me-me-me" requirements.

Personally, I think it's a good thing. And I'm glad I'm that sort of *human*.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
i was physically born here but my soul is alien to this society.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Im back now babe, had to go and change the cats litter tray, help is here.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Look in the mirror. You most likely have lips, two eyes, ten fingers, and ten toes. You are a HUMAN living on earth so that makes you an "earthling".

You just don't like people. There is nothing special about that. There are many people out there that don't like other people so they choose to live in isolation.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Originally posted by catwhoknows From the time I was born, I did not like humans, or their food, or anything about them.

I can understand the deeper meaning behind this and I can empathise with it too but you should assume you are human otherwise you risk not only much ridicule but you risk your mental health too.

One of my earliest memories consisted of being ostracised by my peer group for no reasons whatsoever at the age of about four in nursery in the German town of Dusseldorf. This was a common theme throughout my childhood and for reasons I could never understand. What I did know that as a four year old that no other child wanted to play with me and when it came to the big trucks in the yard I was always pushed aside (physically and literally) and forced to play with the dumb little green truck.

My mother said as a young child that I used to talk to imaginary friends and even as a baby I had caused the hair on the back of her neck to stand up when she rushed into my bedroom to find me screaming blue murder at a wall, stiff as a board and a white as a sheet. She told me I freaked her out so much that she had stepped into my line of sight and I had just stared right through her as she felt a presence behind her she did not like at all.

My mother is intensely religious and prone to exaggeration and I love her of course but we do not see eye to eye and we do not physically meet often even though we live in the same town today.

I do remember her telling me about this screaming many years ago and at the time she was hesitant and not enjoying the retelling. This was one of many such things that happened to me but if I tell you all I remember I will be here all day lol. One day in Dusseldorf as my mother made lunch I was playing with “Onco” our overly protective pure breed Doberman when lightning struck the wall just beyond the rear door and shattered the bricks there. I was so close I remember feeling the heat and sound of it and I know it happened because the memory is detailed and clear.

I was four or five years of age and my mother to this day says it was the devil – OK whatever.

By the time I became a teenager I was already out of love with humans but not so much that I could enjoy watching a fight outside school like everyone else or watching someone take a hard time from the popular group because they looked sideways at them. I tread carefully through school as I was aware that youth is unpredictable and dangerously fickle in their friendships and loyalties.

As an adult I have become person that is very happy to be alone, take to the hills alone and just walk. I am in my element when there are no people in sight and if it is just me and my dog I seem to come alive but in opposite I become wary and watchful in a crowd. Life as far as I see it and in context to human relationships seems to consist of a complicated spider web of interactions with each other that come with so many pitfalls and traps it is not even funny. I can tell you that if I have too many interactions with people I become a little gloomy not because I hate people (I do not) but because I can see a better way for people to live among each other.

It will never happen because people are like animals that have been trained by their upbringing and are blown around by the influences of their past and present peer groups thus they live their lives without accepting and in many cases without even knowing that they are afflicted by levels of psychological damage. We all have this damage within our heads and some are luckier than others in that their damage is less than the person in the next street or the car beside them but when someone tells me they have no damage I ask them if they have a phobia, have a memory that causes pain, know a person or area they try to avoid and so on.

Originally posted by catwhoknows I have always loved the world itself, plants, animals, beautiful countries, but never humans. I was told by a few people that I am from somewhere else - an Indigo - but what do people know? Not much.

I have always loved the world of nature and this started really young but I got into trouble once for digging a huge hole in someone's garden and when grabbed by an enraged German lady I told her that I was digging home. By the time I was five I had the full encyclopaedia Britannica and I had been visited by psychologists and “!others” who were very surprised to find that as a five year old I could name and categorise every dinosaur picture they showed to me. They said I was gifted and my mother and father were very proud.

However nature is a fickle mistress too and she can turn on you with the same savagery as the worst of humans but as long as you are aware of this then you can accept this and move on knowing that the world can take your life or shock you into terror at the drop of a hat.

I say this because at the age of nine I saw many people die in front of me in the military jungle base at Port Kaituma as a massive tree fell (my uncle was the camp commandant). There had been accounts that lightning had struck the tree and caused it to fall but the sky was blue and clear and I cannot say I saw lightning because as the tree cracked and roared to life I spun to find it yawning down over me and my attention became very focused on where it would fall. I was far close to it and so could not judge its transit to the ground very easily.

One thing you should believe is that you are a human person because you bleed, your DNA is human but it could be possible that the energy that powers your body could be something else entirely but that is a massive could be.

This picture below done many years ago as a way to try and exorcise the horrible memory is an abstract done as a teenager that tells the story of a horrible day when all those soldiers died while they celebrated the water festival of “Pagwa”. Nature can be and is just as vicious as a the most damaged of people in the world.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0b972ca12045.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
catwhoknows, allow me to say more.

I recently had a very similar conversation with someone while i was partying in Louisville, KY, recently. wasn't you was it? Anyway, the reason you feel that you are somehow different from the rest of humanity is because you are. I have always felt similar, ever since i was about 8 or 9 years old i knew i was different, and to this day i am still easily the STRANGEST person I know.

Strange how?

I kinda dress like a pirate.
I meditate almost too frequently, like i get stuck over there sometimes
I have a demon-possesed broadsword. Made it m'self. I always keep it within arms reach pretty much everywhere i go.
Sometimes i wear chainmail to the bar.
I smoke waaaaaay more than any normal human's lungs should allow, and i can still run three miles in twenty minutes. (without the chainmail, of course)

Alot of red-headed witches i've encountered along my way have also told me that i was from somewhere else, one told me i was some legendary hero reincarnated, and that i have all this epic crap to do, being born in historically epic times like these and whatnot. You have to look within and find the answers, some of us ARE different. and that is for a reason. Perhaps you possess some noble blood of an extraterrestrial race, sometimes i wonder if I do or not, but then the witches tell me that i undeniably do.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

I tend to agree, Look, its pretty likely that those of us who agree with the OP are not actually from another planet. Although for those who feel like this, you can feel so far removed from the rest of the world you actually feel as though you are. And maybe its just that were going in a different direction to other people in the world, i mean when it comes down to it, imagine finding yourself on an alien planet now, what if, there is no tequila and pizza, imagine life without family guy, a world without simon cowell, !@?? beam me up now!!! Seriously though, yes we are human, and yes we should deal with it. But i really dont want to be like them and even though i accept my humanity i cannot change. And also i think its really childish to suggest that that manner of thinking is down to weed smoking and nu metal music.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Ancient_Fury

Dont know if this means anything to you, you might not be a brit, but i know where you can buy pirate memory games, for if you get bored waiting for the bar to open. (thankyou little britain)

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

I didnt mean to imply that you suggested that drugs and metal music were something to do with it, i noticed it in other posts, sorry i should have checked my wording. Back to school.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
This is what I believe.

To those who have felt it necessary to put me down - crap to you.

To those who supported me -Thank you a MILLION TIMES.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

Great post. I can identify with a lot of your story, even your childhood lightning experience.

Cheers, from across the Forth.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by wigit]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Crap accepted, but a more orginal gift would've been appreciated more. Life gives you enough of that.

You should wonder why people never supported your opening post. Most people did it because they're sick of hearing about the same stories of people feeling alienation in society so they sum it up to being from a different planet. Some of us do feel the alienation in society and suffer because of it. It doesn't make us alien, it just means that we have to, unfortunately, put up with the alienation. Not exactly the greatest thing ever but it's the only thing we can do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join