It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eckhart Tolle, Scam Artist?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Enlightenment itself is just an act, a state of mind, a feeling.. ALTER EGO

Show me somebody who has been Enlightened for more than a few days/week at the most. It comes and goes just like every other state of mind, feeling.

The play only last as long as the Actors in the play.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by IamNow]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

you are only able to see what you are ready and willing to see. you do not resonate with eckhart's teachings because you are not willing to do what he, and so many others (ancient and current) are saying to do. which is to look within yourself. you have all of the answers. you have the power. it is all about you! creating your life and finding peace and joy in your life, all from within. if you are not willing to do that you will never resonate with his (and soooo many others) teachings and continue to suffer via fear, greed, stress, anxiety, insecurity, etc.. etc...

there is an absolutely fascinating and amazing world going on inside each and every single one of us. but most of us are so closed off to it that we refuse to believe it exists. and go to great lengths to actually defends "its" non existence.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by IamNow

There's some truth to what you say. Claiming "I am enlightened" is an actor claiming a role.

I forget whether Tolle made such a claim of himself.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by nltkn

there is an absolutely fascinating and amazing world going on inside each and every single one of us. but most of us are so closed off to it that we refuse to believe it exists. and go to great lengths to actually defends "its" non existence.

Because inside never disagrees with your beliefs, it's why they always tell you to look for answers within "How can they be wrong" unless you disagree with yourself?

The people who are closed off in my opinion "Because I have been there" are the people who roll up into a ball and live in a inside world/illusion. Yes the New Age Tribe, they live in this fantasy word within and they will do anything to defend it. Anyone who disagrees with their beliefs is normally "Negative, Evil, Or Under the control of Evil/Negative Entities" YEA RIGHT

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

No he didn't have to, his readers and followers did that for him as they fell for the self hypnosis and conditioning of their mind. 90% of them are probably still chasing the dream they read about in the first book, the other 10% were Evil or Negative. Where is this New Earth he was speaking off. Even a hint of this New Earth would be OK, but nothing... Still the same old suffering world, not even a gimps as to what he was promising.

There is a word for people like Eckhart and Oprah, but an image will paint a better picture.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by IamNow

Now you're sounding more bitter than critical. The new earth new-agers speak of begins within.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I know and I don't fancy that New Earth if it's as stable as New Age Beliefs are. What if the rest of us refuse this New Earth, we made a balls up of this one what's the point doing it all over again. They add something new every week to the New Age System, I was pretty much a Pro-New Ager until I questioned what I believed to be the truth. I am not having pops at other peoples beliefs just because I believe something different. I have experience from both sides of the fence, I speak from experience.

Eckhart and Oprah are nothing but Cult leaders, what they do is no different than Scientology... Ok might get better price deal with Oprah and Eckhart but that's probably because they are rolling in the ($$$$) stuff, because everyone is living in la la land.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by IamNow

Why would there be a new earth?

This is the idea i am having the most trouble with. I don't feel like the cosmos/ infinite creator/ god, whatever allowed this earth to come to be as a waste! It is hard for me to convey this message.

jinx8810101

So does Eckhart Tolle- It is realizing how the ego manifests within you that changes things...the ego must dissolve eventually- our survival as a species depends on it...

What is telling you that we need to survive?

I disagree- I believe you had a preconceived idea about the man when you have not read his work...Instead, watched a couple of you tube clips. The reason for me saying this I will quote you.

A youtube clip, exposing his demeanor, and displaying his energy levels more, has a lot more to say then a few words. I find him to be acting out everything he says and does.

It is important on weather or not his message is real! If he doesn't believe his own message how can you??!

I have looked inward and have developed my own philosophies(although i have to admit i am still, always developing everyday). I work through these philosophies on a regular basis. A lot of times i have a new perspective, or when i am working through something, I come to ATS and discuss what process i am enjoying. It is not always a belief, it is not always what i am going to align myself with, but it is just a thought.

I don't know, it is to early. Mybe i can add something more when i wake up.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nltkn

I have peace and joy. Constantly no matter what is going on. There is an absolutely wonderful world all around you as well! You believe that we are here to get out of here? We are not on the earth to get out, or off of the earth! Experience the earth, she hasn't done anything to you! The earth is a cool person, i don't know why everyone wants to change her. I like the earth!

I mean, yeah we need to go inward and discover ourselves, but i believe we need to go outward and discover each other as well. Something along the lines of balance.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
YES. he's a scam artist. I don't know if people notice this yet, but all he does is just mind-deconstruction. Once you do that, there will be nothing left. BE CAREFUL WITH THIS GUY, you suppose to use your brains to produce, not self-destruct.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

I forgot to mention!

His work is with Oprah! Isn't Oprah involved in some conspiracies? Like bohemian grove or something? I was reading something about her.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by _SilentAssassin_
I don't know if people notice this yet, but all he does is just mind-deconstruction. Once you do that, there will be nothing left.

lulz ... that is so incredibly accurate that Eckhart himself couldn't have said it better!

Zen Master says what?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Haha brilliant way of putting it, totally right it's like wipe your own memories lol.

Don't think of the past and don't think of the future, just think of NOW stay in the present moment while we rape your brain. All this new age is just hype to keep the masses clinging on with hope, sat there waiting for a fairy or something to come out the sky and save us.

While we are sat there waiting our savior, be it New Age, Religion or bloody Aliens... We are getting shat on from a great height, and "This is the way" This is how the divine had it all worked out. You sit their deconstructing the mind until there is nothing left, smiling at yourself whilst slavering down your chops rocking your box off "Oprah issssssss God, must seeeee Oprah, FReeeee Carrrr"

God if this is the way, then send me to hell.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
You guys need to be really careful, specially with this time in age. There are a lot of thought reform going on so it's very important that we hold on to LOVE no matter what. THIS IS NOT A JOKE. Love helps you to become aware of spirit once we realize of our relationship with eachother. Don't be stupid these are megalomaniac people that do not know who they are, and think that can come up with pseudish enlightenment crap on everyone else, just to justify there lack of being. Treasure your beliefs. YOU ARE. THE MATRIX DOES NOT HAVE YOU.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

The more i read about this, the more learn about their perspectives, the less i like it. You are right, love is the answer! I guess compassion is right up there as well.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

The more i read about this, the more learn about their perspectives, the less i like it. You are right, love is the answer! I guess compassion is right up there as well.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Love is a sack of overate crap anyway, it all ends in tears.

This topic however is about Eckhart being a Con artist, so best leave the Love Story for another topic.

I was trying to find some Vids Clips of Eckhart doing some like "Normal crap" but can't find any. Just wanted to know if he acted like that in his everyday life... How can he get by without loosing the plot. I bet he gets home and releases all his anger "Put my tea on you Bitch" - "I am not going along with this Oprah crap for much longer"

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by IamNow

Lol... yea off topic ill agree with that.

He can't even hold it together in a lot of his lectures or whatever you call them. I have watched a few of his videos where he has to recompose himself and take a breath. I mean yeah, he takes a breath.

There is a video of him and Oprah together, Oprah asks him about what happens when you die, his response,

"I don't give that any thought", WTF? Is this not the whole idea anyway? How could he not give that any thought? I don't understand.

I have to figure out an intelligent way to approach my father and say wtf dude? I mean if i didn't care i would just let him go believing this, but i care.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
If he's just brainwashing Oprah and Jim Carey then that's not a big deal. I will miss Jim Carey brains a little bit since i enjoyed some of his movies.
Oh well.

I almost forgot about the quantity of shepple that this guy is going to brainwash as well after Oprah's recommendation and after seeing his channel on youtube. The shepple is COMPLETELY f*****. They won't know what hit them. They are going to be just like organic robots with no emotions or intellect.
This is why it is so important that we always hold on to our believes, because once you get rid of them you become a perfect slave. Lost of morality dudes, this is pretty scary & creppy.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I believe Eckhart Tolle genuinely had a profound spiritual awakening. In that sense I do not believe his is a fraud.

I dont believe he copied his ideas from existing sources, I believe he has a similar line of reasoning because it is the truth, and if 10 different people see a thing in different times and places, independently of one another, the words they use to describe that thing will differ, but the essence of what is being described will be the same.

However, that said, you are right, he is lying to some degree. Not about what he has experienced. But about who he is having experienced it. I think he misleads to some degree about the effect it has had on him, and that he conceals any "un-guru-like" aspects of himself. I suspect a lot of people who take their spiritual experiences public end up concealing their humanity in favor of the vision their followers want to see.

And yes, that does make them frauds to some extent. But most of those who have awakened who go before the public end up concealing their "negative" human qualities to some degree. You never see them mad, or grouchy, or with low blood sugar snapping at someone because they are hungry. They always look serene in public.

But clearly, when doing the thing with Oprah, there are moments when Oprah bulldozes what he is saying with something only partially true, and he hesitates to correct her..............because she is Oprah. Thats very human, and not ego-less.

Edit to add;

However, that said, the personal fraud he may be perpetrating in no way means what he has written or said is not the truth. I am sure it is.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join