It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mysterious circle over Santiago city, Chile, May 11th.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Hi guys
Some days ago this weird fenomena occured on my city. I'm not sure what it really was, it was a golden arch in the sky. Almost every person in the city saw it, and it appeared in the media too. I couldn't find an official version of the military, but I found something in the media

Let me translate the article I found, the source IS reliable, Bio Bio is one of the serious media we have here.

During this evening (May 11th), some users of Bio-Bio (note: a country wide radio) sent us via twitter images of a very weird meteorological that was visible for 20 minutes over the skies of Santiago: contrails that made an strange patron, coloured by the evening light in the Metropolitan Region.

(pics)

for our surprise when we published the images, dozens of people sent us more images (our apologies, we can't publish every of them) telling us that the same contrails were saw in very distant places of our country like Antofagasta and Punta Arenas (note: Anofagasta is in the very north, Punta Arenas is in front of Antartica)

(more pics)

Of course we are not experts to identify whats the exact process who causes this, but thre's nothing to worry about: there's dozens of unusual meteorogical fenomena registered worldwide that describes weirdest patterns on the clouds, some by natural reasons and others by the passing of airplanes

However, one never knows...

the link to the article www.radiobiobio.cl...

I found a lot of videos on this page, but I don't think it's reliable as a source enough to translate the information. It's of course a conspirational page and well, I don't like to quote those pages, because they're so biased time to time.

www.edreams.cl...

This is. My opinion? I'm usually very skeptic when things like that happens, but this one was very weird and I don't know what to think for now...

At least the pics are pretty hahaha

- Caggy

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Whats the mystery ?

To me it looks precisely just what I would expect the contrail from a jet executing a 180 degree turn, would look like.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I would have to agree with the poster above, it looks like a normal contrail to me. Am I missing something here? Albeit, the long "arc" is unique, though it still looks like an ordinary contrail.

--airspoon

[edit on 14-5-2010 by airspoon]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
Whats the mystery ?

To me it looks precisely just what I would expect the contrail from a jet executing a 180 degree turn, would look like.

maybe the pilot forgot his American Express
and had to go back to get it.
them lap dances get expensive
on plain ole cash

lmao

seriously though

it looks like chemtrails to me
and it's color is from a setting
sun which hasn't fully set yet.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
it looks like a regular contrail to me but it is weird to me since most planes usualy dont turn like that and create that kind of contrail.
anyways hey caggy i haven't seen you in a while on here, just wanted to say hi.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Maybe a secret Military craft??

I heard before the TR-3B leaves something like that when it going very fast

Or is it a regular Military Jet?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Nice pictures, looks like an everyday kinda thing though. Nothing really outta the norm. Trash it.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I am almost certain that this is a military flight of some kind because of the flight path. A commercial flight would have little reason to fly along such a flight path, though not entirely implausible. Civilian flights also would be less likely to "waste" the fuel by taking a "joy ride". It is obviously at a high altitude since it can be seen from afar, which also makes it less plausible but not completely implausible that it's a civilian "joy ride". Other than that, it doesn't look abnormal. Maybe recon of some type?

--airspoon

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I saw something similar a couple of years ago over my house in the UK:

You can make out three overlapping circular contrails. I can only guess at the purpose of this flight; perhaps some kind of aerial survey??

Whatever the purpose, one of the real effects was cloud seeding. Here's the scene a few hours later:

The sky was hazy for the rest of that day. I've never seen anything like it since

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
This occurs when planes near an airport are required to sit in holding patterns, at the same height as planes crusing altitude. Nothing is amiss, the contrails simply curve as they follow the planes holding pattern

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Its a chemtrail.....a normal contrail is a chemtrail since there will chemicals in the exhaust fumes , they cant burn the fuel at 100 percent efficiency.

(quote)

Cycle efficiency is highest in rocket engines (~60+%), as they can achieve extremely high combustion temperatures and can have very large, energy efficient nozzles. Cycle efficiency in turbojet and similar is nearer to 30%, the practical combustion temperatures and nozzle efficiencies are much lower.

Jet engines are usually run on fossil fuel propellant, and are thus a source of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. Jet engines can use biofuels or hydrogen, although the production of the latter is usually made from fossil fuels.

About 7.2% of the oil used in 2004 was consumed by jet engines.

Some scientists believe that jet engines are also a source of global dimming due to the water vapour in the exhaust causing cloud formations
Nitrogen compounds are also formed from the combustion process from atmospheric nitrogen. At low altitudes this is not thought to be especially harmful, but for supersonic aircraft that fly in the stratosphere some destruction of ozone may occur.

Sulphates are also emitted if the fuel contains sulphur.

(quote)
www.answers.com...

So you see that that any exhaust trail from a plane is indeed a chemtrail........

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caggy
I'm usually very skeptic when things like that happens, but this one was very weird and I don't know what to think for now...

Just a regular chemtrail - at least the pilot was a decent guy.
Move to germany and you get this from pilots ~~

Don't have to watch the whole vid - just skip to the end (about 3:15) and you will see ...

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Iluna]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Not to nitpick but... isn't that a little long for circling an airport? I'm not saying it's significant but the contrail referred to in the OP seems to be too long to be a holding pattern, waiting to land. It would seem to me that it was some sort of flight that simply reversed its heading. Not that it's really important either way...

--airspoon

[edit on 14-5-2010 by airspoon]

top topics

join