It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7.7 Earthquake predicted to hit Southern California

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I had an earthquake dream this afternoon while I was napping!!!!!! In the dream, an earthquake hit, I lost my balance, fell straight back and hit my head hard on the floor then I woke up. It was really short and to the point. I could even feel the pain from my thump while I was dreaming. Now I come on here and see this. Something doesn't feel right. I didn't see the rainbow cloud but it looks like it's all over the net. Oh well, I guess we'll be finding out shortly. Looks like I'll be sleeping with my running shoes on this weekend.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Centurionx
ALL CAPS...

Makes you cool.

Contributing nothing while making your post count higher....

Makes you cooler.

Edit: More rainbow clouds, these were photographed in Costa Mesa which is in Orange County, just south of LA

www.komonews.com...

Of course the USGS site doesn't show any abnormal activity. Just minor aftershocks from the Mexicali earthquake about a month ago.

An OC paper calls these sundogs -
sciencedude.freedomblogging.com...

But some of the pictures don't look much like sundogs.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Delphiki]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy88

conspiracy88,

You can take naps during the afternoon?

Some people really have all the luck in the world.....

You do know that posting future earthquakes on ATS in this forum is sort of a guarantee that it won't happen, right? It's kind of like a earthquake prevention tool.

Peace

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

It is Cal, so the law of averages will one day move in his favor. I want something out of the norm that only a true prediction would be able to pick.

Why earthquakes, how about a town that gets wiped by a tornado, place and time would be a rather good prediction.

That's true, but this prediction isn't the result of some remote-viewing, or journey into the astral realm to meet with spirit teachers or whatever. Apparently he's using some real-time data and plugging it into some model. On the flip side that doesn't mean for a second that his model is correct. He was pretty specific with his dates and the magnitude.

Those rainbow clouds are pretty interesting in a "I hope they don't foreshadow massive death and destruction" sort of way...

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Son of Will]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I was wondering what were "rainbow clouds" until I saw the video. I do not call those clouds rainbow clouds but call those "sundogs" since that is what I've read they are often called. I've seen a lot of rainbow clouds and there has never been an earthquake after I've seen them. Whether or not the official name is sundog or rainbow cloud I don't think there is any connection to earthquakes.

I could report that there were ordinary clouds in the sky or that it was daylight during one earthquake. Others could report the same thing. That doesn't mean there is any connection to the earthquake. It's just a coincidence in my opinion. The fact that I've seen rainbow clouds dozens of times and have never felt a single earthquake leads me to believe there is no connection.
link for pic for a rainbow cloud
news.nationalgeographic.com...

link explaining sundog and pics
en.wikipedia.org...

Here is another reference to a rainbow cloud but the article stated the local news called it a sundog. It's a nice picture.
www.flickr.com...

[edit on 14-5-2010 by orionthehunter]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Out of curiosity but what was the time scale regarding the rainbow clouds before when an earthquake struck?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
As I recall there was also signs in the sky over Haiti as well as Chili before and during the quakes. I do know that during the quake in Chili people said they saw the sky changing colors.

I was always told that sundogs were when you see 2 suns in the sky, not a rainbow during the day time. Now on the other hand we have the fact that had that rainbow of happened at night time, they would have called it northern lights, I hate to say it but northern lights are a way of predicting bad things to happen as well. When seen where they normally wouldn't be seen, normally something bad happens within 2 weeks. Many people saw the Northern lights in the southern states, 2 weeks before 911, so it does happen

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Delphiki

If something over 5.0 occurs this weekend, I would consider him more credible than I did prior.

That doesn't add anything to his credibility. Thats like saying he predicted a F5 tornado in Kansas and giving him credit if a F1 hits. There is a high probability that a 5 magnitude earthquake will hit somewhere in the So Cal region this weekend. Its a extremely active seismic area. They have already had a 4.0 today.

The difference between a 5 magnitude earthquake and a 7.7 as predicted is like the difference between firecrackers and nuclear bombs. They both go boom but have a very different affect.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I will predict a earth quake over 6 in the next year in calif.

Now i have a lot better chance of getting it right.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
So if this doesn't happen can we use it as validation he is a phony?

No, because he doesn't claim to be able to predict earthquakes 100% accurately. Nor is he making his predictions by supernatural means.

He is using thermal temperature changes caused by frictional heating of the tectonic plates to measure probabilities.

So he is saying based on his scientific data, an earthquake is probable. Not for sure, but probable.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
reply to post by Delphiki

If something over 5.0 occurs this weekend, I would consider him more credible than I did prior.

That doesn't add anything to his credibility. Thats like saying he predicted a F5 tornado in Kansas and giving him credit if a F1 hits. There is a high probability that a 5 magnitude earthquake will hit somewhere in the So Cal region this weekend. Its a extremely active seismic area. They have already had a 4.0 today.

The difference between a 5 magnitude earthquake and a 7.7 as predicted is like the difference between firecrackers and nuclear bombs. They both go boom but have a very different affect.

I live near the area. They haven't had a 5.0+ in the last 2 years. So if he predicted a 7.7, and something over a 5 occurs, I think it would add to his credibility. To clarify: it would be something out of the ordinary.

The difference between a 4.0 and a 5.0 is also pretty drastic. Some may notice a 4, everyone notices a 5.