It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are Dreams And Predictions Mixed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Dreaming is one of, if not my favorite subjects. Whenever I want to read a good thread, I find it quite frustrating having to wade through all the "Prediction" topics (which are always wrong, always).

Dreaming should have it's own forum, excluding "Prophetic dreams", which have no posibility of being right.

Am I alone on this?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

No, you are not.

I have to agree with you. Dreams should have a forum of their own where other members can help to interpret what they mean- if they mean anything at all. Which we already have, but as you say- difficult to find any good ones when you have wade through all the predictions.

I think the ad-on of 'Predictions' is completely unfitting. They are two completely different things after all.

Knowing the 'way' of this site though...
For now I suppose, wading is our fate...

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

I hear you mate... and feel your pain!

Odds alone suggest that at least one of us is going to dream something that will transpire in the future. It has nothing to do with super powers of precognition and more to do with a coin toss.

I guess some people derive significance for their lives by believing they dream the future. That somehow they have the inside track on this cosmological parade. Then there's those that simply cannot distinguish the barriers between fantasy and fact.

Unfortunately, we cannot do anything about it. Critical thinking is not a weapon they recognize and they simply are not worth the frustration. If they wish to believe they have super powers, let them go. Perhaps that delusion is all they have to grasp onto in this world... and that's kind of sad.

IRM

[edit on 14/5/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

No you aren't alone.
Dreams vivid / lucid dreams OBE's etc have a place of their own, but interpretation unless by an expert in the art are only speculations.
Schuetz Engel or Guardian Angel/ Amalgamated Angel can carry you thru OBE's and make their presence and protection felt, which indeed gives you a feeling for being cared for. Returning back to this reality is often a pain in the neck

Cheers

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Thanks Jinx, IRM, and savvy for your replies. I thought there would be more support on this, personally. It will remain a minor inconvenience I suppose.

Thanks.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I think the answer is that both are only for the person to understand, not others. Your thoughts and dreams are not meant for others.

[edit on 5/14/2010 by andy1033]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Why do prophetic dreams have no chance of being right? Do prophets have visions while standing awake now?

So it's believable if it comes as a seizure, but not a dream?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

I think op gets all heated about alot of false info on this site of people trying to flood this site with all types of stuff.

He or she needs to research it more.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown
Why do prophetic dreams have no chance of being right? Do prophets have visions while standing awake now?

Wow, how exactly may I ask, you know about this seizure thing.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

Originally posted by mryanbrown

No, I would also not believe any prediction that was a result of a seizure. What is your reasoning for mentioning that?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyJude
Dreaming should have it's own forum, excluding "Prophetic dreams", which have no posibility of being right.

Oh, really? I've had several "prophetic dreams" that turned out to be right!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by someotherguy

Same here, my thoughts are that it is a genetic trait. "Prophetic dreams" or visions are very different than normal dreams. The recipient is very aware of the difference when they happen. Unlike the typical dreams of flying, kissing the girl, going to school naked, etc., they tend to recall them in vivid detail after waking and for some time afterwards like we do with important conversations. Often they predict events so far in the future that they do not make much sense. But are very specific about details.

I am not sure either why there is a Predictions forum on ATS why there would be a combined forum of Predictions and Dreams in BTS. Unless administration is trying to sort "professional predictions" from members prophetic dreams. Personally I would take the word of a member over a "professional" any day of the week for accuracy. because far too often, this is the realm of the Sorcha Feal, Blossom Goodchild and Prophet Yahweh...none of which holds any semblance of legitimacy and easily end up in the Hoax forum.

Besides, I would think any display of precognition would be Paranormal Studies topic. Stating a specific account would be a Prediction topic, recalling such an event that had passed would be either My Story or The Grey Area.

top topics

join