It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

poor people beware bye bye child tax credits

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

I am in total agreement with those sentiments, I see a lot of that too, it is waste, of the worst sort, if you don't have a job, why would you need a car? I never learnt to drive, but I always had a job when I wanted one, bicycled to most of my jobs, or paid gas money to some one who worked there to give me a ride. I don't use a cell phone (I have been given 2) I have a PC and one small Digicam, a CRT TV, and a tape cassette player for the TV, and that's it.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

some middle classes barely scrape enough hours to be considered middle class
so they are poor still except they work and get literally robbed by upside down over a bridge until the last penny comes out

hence debt and borrowing

[edit on 14-5-2010 by jumpingbeanz]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

he stated that his son is in full time work so he is not spending anyone's money except his own.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Well plenty of poor people voted for Conservatives and Liberals, believing they would get change. These are the kind of changes people have voted for.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

it just shows one thing
"do people really know anything about who they voted for?" or even read the statements.

perhaps people played roulette voting just for a change

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I would say that my family is middle class. But if they decided to off tax credits, i can kiss goodbye to being a working mother as the tax credits i receive covers my childcare cost! Without it i would have to give up work and this would mean my children would suffer because we don't have the two incomes!!!!

I hope that mr cameron understands, that if he off's some benifits there will be riots

BRING IT ON CAMERON!!!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

my point exactly, from the horses mouth,
pardon me boo

from a real working mother, this is not good news is it?.

even if you resigned because you didn't have enough money they wouldn't even want to pay your benefits because you left on your own accord,, shame

one question have you got family that can help out while you are at work if shtf?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz
reply to post by boo1981

my point exactly, from the horses mouth,
pardon me boo

from a real working mother, this is not good news is it?.

even if you resigned because you didn't have enough money they wouldn't even want to pay your benefits because you left on your own accord,, shame

Thats it, im in a no win situation now! Its not good. I would not be able to claim any benifits for being out of work because i did not get sacked!!!!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
First off guys i think we need to clarify "middle class" In today's society, IMO.
That if you are paying a mortgage and are in a steady job and your kids are in school, you own a car(or two) Have a good credit rating and credit cards you are not "technically" working class in the old sense off the statement.
In today's modern times "working class" is an out dated expression.

In reply to earlier postings about people on benefits having the latest gizmo's chances are they are knock off and have no warranty or back up service plan. Remember the trick is to keep these guys on benefits and steady welfare income for life so the "loan people" can profit for their steady income(think massive interest rates) ...

Lastly but far from least, This is the NWO (UK) plan on the middle classes. SOs to push them (us) to the brink and to jump ship from the UK and migrate to sunnier climates so to speak, taking their(our) skills with them, Dumbing down the UK populace is TPTB real agenda here in the United Kingdom.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by foxhoundone

yes how many people said they will leave if under cameron government???

lots
your theory makes so much sense, I wonder why auzzies relaxed its laws....

my cousin has emigrated there too

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz
Mr cameron

please can you stop benefits on alcoholics and drug dealers and heroin users, it would save a lot of tax and that bad smell as I walk past the local job center

oh and only give child tax credit for an eldest child, it would refrain a lot of young ladies from opening their legs

Although your statement seems logical it lacks humane empathy. Those addicts are people parents, brothers, children and you would have them die on the street for making bad decisions in life? Now THAT is a conservative policy. As for the dealers? Lock em up, throw away the key. They have helped cause part of this mess.

As for the thread itself, i would get used to seeing more of them. The poor lose, the rich win. I noticed it did say middleclass and not the uppclass aswell, that is strange. I wonder what the conservatives class as middle class.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

most of these people are getting help and od on their methadone treatments and fake urine tests, some have even tried rehabilitation but the ones that don;t recover just end up where they are because they cannot help themselves , so how can we help them if they can't help themselves.

the guy next door was in rehab for 6weeks and walked out,, he went again walked out,, smashed his house up in which is a private landlord and was sent to the salvation army and also got kicked out,

for some there is no hope,

i'm sure he eats okay because i have seen him rummaging in co-ops bins

oh yeah before he almost died of drink and went back on it again just to claim more benefits

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

This a classic divide and conquer trick being implemented by the conservatives, If i read the thread right "the finger pointing" has already begun. Why indeed just mention the particular group "middle class".

I would classify most members on here as middle class or working class done good, (same thing).

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by foxhoundone

www.youtube.com...

remember this?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

I understand what your saying but i'm just a little unnerved about how human it isnt? Would it be fair to say that the populous has not only been dumbed down but also become insulated against empathy for others? Addiction is a disease, one that effects not just the consumer but friends and family around them. With alcoholism especially, it does not help to just stop drinking these people need therapy to.
Here is an example.
My mother is an alcoholic. She hasn’t had a very good life. Her father was a heavy handed asshole who refused to turn up for her wedding, almost killed my dad with his son years down the line and thus disowned his daughter. To this day he will not speak to her. She even went down to the midlands to see them and instead of talking to her, he left and went to the pub. Now, she drinks. Through drink she lost her immediate family (I barely see her, but thats my choice not hers) She lost her home. For a time she was lost. No where to go, no one to help. Drink had taken everything from her. But eventually, she got herself a house, its a # hole btw because you cant afford # all on the dole unless you are willing to go out stealing and/or do other undeclared things.
The doctors told her that due to the drink, her liver was acting up. Basically, stop drinking or your going to an early grave. So she stopped. For one whole year she stopped, took the medication and the liver thing (I'm not sure on the specifics as i dont see her that often) Went away. Now this is what gets me, She started drinking again. I dont know why, maybe because she really is messed up in the head? Maybe because she has nothing in life? She rents a #hole, in a rough area. She eats no thrills food, gas bills are to high for people on the dole, which doesn’t help with the electric and water rates that also have to be paid. Maybe she started drinking again because she was happy to?
She cant work. She has to many problems in her head to work. And you say we should not foot the bill for this "scum" She used to be a good mother. She was a very nice person at one point its just that addiction got her. She lost the battle over it because in turn she had nothing to win by quitting.
But you see this story is not unheard of. This is the story of many people, of many different addictions. These are people who made bad choices and simply booting them off the dole will only in turn make it worse. There is no solution. You want to save money rather then lives and its a little disgusting to hear from a human being. There are many more ways to which money can be saved, lets not start by cutting off peoples lifelines.
i dont agree with the dole being used as a life support but perhaps we should question WHY that has occurred? Lack of a proper wage? No rights in the workplace? Lack of a proper education to which people can read, write and do mathematics to a STANDARD not just the basics.

Many people may not agree with my opinion and thats fine. But my advice is for people to take a look for themselves. Its not enough to read the daily mail, or listen to MPs rant on about how they steal from the system while they themselves use thousands in tax payers money buying second homes. The irony is that this conservative government may even drive people to drink and drugs.

Thats my 2cents!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Had a quick scroll down the comments ,

"Conservatism, in its is true form, aims to conserve. There is nothing wrong in that. Also the conservation of an identity and an inheritance comes natural to billions. Moreover, there is something sad in the death of a people and a culture".
Churchill.

Food for thought there jumpingbeanz,A hark back to Victorian times IMO
Where there was no education no Internet no real knowledge of the law,
A hire and fire attitude..
"Where slaves give birth to slaves" Attitude. My god we have steeped back a hundred years .. heaven help us...

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   

I get your point which i understand...

but when I was unemployed if I didn't accept a job I didn't want because of the nature I would lose benefits all of them.

I live in an area that is overpopulated by drug addicts, and it is tearing the area down, everything new gets wrecked...
I get asked for 20p when I go the shop most days or £1, they surround call phones like flies, people get shaky walking past them.
they steal pets from your garden, creep at night.

there is a policy now that if you go to rehab you lose IB altogether if you come out clean (that's not going to stop people is it by doing this),

alcohol wrecks lives and wrecks relationships with family and neighbors
I don't know what to say about your mum that is a hard one but maybe if she has problems she should speak to someone and get to the bottom of this and try rehab again, perhaps get her into a hobby of some kind, if she get's some treatment or tablets maybe that can aid her mentality and stop the need for alcohol abuse to rid her thoughts

it was the worlds worst nightmare living next to that brute alcoholic, now I have a sweet old lady with a noisy dog and I wouldn't change it for the world.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

I was not using my mothers story as a tearjerker but as a basis as what many people go through. She is but a face in the crowed of many people that have been in her situation. The fact that she stopped drinking for a whole year and started again points only to one thing - She does not want to stop.
so is this paticular disease curable? For some, yes. For the majority? I'm not so sure.

And as for the dole being able to tell you that you are having this job wether you like it or not is just proof that you as seen as a slave. Reminds me of an episode of BSG.

Think ive gone off topic XD

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   

maybe they could get her on a program??? start drinking lower percentages and get lower also

also if you or your family have not seen her, she may not have something to fight for, she needs family support

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   

I believe that would be the final straw for poor people and workers in America. If they went as far as to take our child tax credits this government can officially stick their hid between their legs and kiss their ass goodbye. Americans can be wiretapped, opressed, lied to, and sold out by our government, but once they take away our benefits(i.e. unemployment, tax credits) it's all over for them.

Either they will have an angry mob in Washington or an angry mob at the ballot boxes, and these lifetime politicians fear both.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join