It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

poor people beware bye bye child tax credits

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...

Treasury officials have targeted child benefit payments for the middle classes under plans for sweeping cuts to bring the £164bn deficit under control. The cuts are among proposals being presented to the new Conservative and Liberal Treasury team as it emerged that new policy commitments in the coalition agreement may have added up to £10bn to the government's spending bill.

why can;t they just stop higher class benefits...the ones who can already afford to pay their own way...

absurd but lol
you did vote for him!

www.cityam.com...
z]

But homeowners should benefit. Interest rates are likely to remain fairly low for some time to offset the fiscal squeeze, benefiting those on tracker mortgages. Although it is keeping energy performance certificates, the coalition has agreed to scrap Home Information Packs (Hips), which should save homesellers money, says Peter Bolton King, chief executive of the National Association of Estate Agents (NAEA), adding that they will no longer need to shell out hundreds of pounds for a piece of pointless regulation that benefits no one. Vince Cable’s mansion tax has been scrapped – good news for those owning homes worth more than £2m.

the rich win again
a very fun era this will be

[edit on 14-5-2010 by jumpingbeanz]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
oh nooooeeessss!!!!!
my livelihood!!! D:<

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Mr cameron

please can you stop benefits on alcoholics and drug dealers and heroin users, it would save a lot of tax and that bad smell as I walk past the local job center

oh and only give child tax credit for an eldest child, it would refrain a lot of young ladies from opening their legs

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Damn those rich using all the social programs and benefits that they take away from the poor.... Damn them!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

we need robin hood and we need him now, all their ideas are bent backwards
and not designed to help people except the rich

he will not last long lol

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Samantha Cameron's £400,000 salary to shrink as she cuts back hours Samantha Cameron's job as creative director of Smythson of Bond Street was thought to have earned her three times more than the Prime Minister.

lol lol lol

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz

we need robin hood and we need him now, all their ideas are bent backwards
and not designed to help people except the rich

he will not last long lol

Can you name one thing that benfits the rich?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

the thought that they are paying less tax to fund the poor.
now your question
how will these cuts benefit the poor???

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

ummmmmm
Money ????

lol
I mean they do have more of it

[edit on 14-5-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

yes also lol

www.time.com...

interesting article esp the bit about us brits being a time bomb

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

the thought that they are paying less tax to fund the poor.
now your question
how will these cuts benefit the poor???

They pay less tax than the poor?

Even if a rich guy figures out how to pay only let’s say 10% that still could be millions in taxes from one guy.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by Xtrozero

ummmmmm
Money ????

lol
I mean they do have more of it

[edit on 14-5-2010 by boondock-saint]

True, but is that a reason for the state to go after it more than anyone else? Do the rich affect the poor? Well other than providing them jobs?
You and others are not rich, so I get it… screw the rich, make them pay…

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

even some famous brits and americans are being taken to court for not paying tax so in the meantime there is a gap with the payments, whilst they are trying to collect them, it all = permanent debt if not by one but another

www.taxresolution.com...

Here they go again. Hollywood stars reminding us they are regular people just like everyone else. Fox News reporter, Natalie Crnosija recently revealed some of Hollywood’s biggest tax evaders in her article Hollywood Stars Who Owe Uncle Sam Big Bucks in Back Taxes. To name a few: Nicolas Cage—weighing in at $13.3 million, Pam Anderson—Dancing with the Stars despite a $1.7 million tax debt, and Joe Francis, founder of Girls Gone Wild—who bared an amount of $29.4 million. Just goes to show you that tax problems can happen to anyone. You’re not alone.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

even some famous brits and americans are being taken to court for not paying tax so in the meantime there is a gap with the payments, whilst they are trying to collect them, it all = permanent debt if not by one but another

Ya, some examples here and there, but the poor do not pay much in taxes and the rich pays a crap load normally. If people want to pick a choose the few who find ways around paying go at them with my blessing, but the top 20% still pays 90% of all taxes...

If people want to say the poor still pays sales tax well once again I think the rich pays more.

I'm not rich but I pay a rather large amount of taxes because I happen to be in the upper 20% and it seems everyone wants to put the burden on those who just happen to work hard and just happens to make a decent wage.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

even poor people want jobs and a decent wage,
but most cannot even accept it with minimum wage, they will end up with no money for bills etc and housing due to tax and Ni

there really isn't a line here.

i'm not poor i have my house my partner and everything I want but i hate to see others struggling because then they burden me.

i had a drunk neighbor who kept saying i have no money i cant afford this but he chose to drink, so we should choose not to pay his benefits.
that is a joke

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Are these people even worth bothering with if they turn up at the job centre dressed like a scum bag, why not change the rules to smart dress appearance and filter some of these #s out,

When I have been unemployed before I went to the jc in smart interview clothes every time and said i will literally take any job and they snubbed me!, but yet the tramps get free clothes/mobiles when clearly they are not looking for a job what so ever... and a free ride.

they are the leeches
they should work for a benefit too if they do not comply or not get any payment what so ever, then they will think twice, it sounds cruel but hey

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Jumping beanz is correct about UK being generous to the rich. No super-rich chose to live in anything but an industrialized nation usually proximal to a major financial center like London. Because the UK has the lightest taxes of an industrialized nation that is why they have so many billionaires. Its a fact. Its not that they aren't taxed heavily but not as much. And don't think that they get nothing for their tax money; money talks and can easily equate to political power.

BTW- Credit for for the eldest child is a great idea! I don't plan on making a family anytime soon so I find family-driven policies unfair but you can't just erase the welfare overnight so 1 credit is an ingenious compromise.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
What I would REALLY like to know is how do the so called 'poor' of the UK manage to afford contract mobile phones, Sky TV, Virgin TV AND super fast broadband, Wii and its games and every other game 'thing' going'.

I'll explain this 'rant'.

My son has a VERY low paid job. He earns £11 000 a year and because his 'partner' is unemployed and looking after their baby the government makes up their income to £17 000 a year.

Well, they both have the above gadgets which we work out to come to at least £120 a month not counting any calls they may make on their contract phones which, knowing my son's phone usage they may be WASTING £200 a month. That is at least £2400 a year!

We have one good income coming into the house and one of us does not work and is caring for the younger children. We claim no benefits except our tax credit, which is really just a tax allowance.

We own our own home but we CANNOT AFFORD contract phones, gadgets, satellite tv, virgin media etc.

My son tells me he can't afford to get his car fix and I refuse to give him any money to get it fixed as I know how much money they waste.

The poor, remain poor in many cases (believe me I know of quite a few people who live on benefits and they all own this kind of rubbish along with a few others in horrific debt who still 'need' the latest 'rubbish').

It is time all benefits were cut or removed to the very minimum as the money IS wasted. Food vouchers and housing vouchers and a small amount of cash, but no one should be able to waste thousands of pounds a year because the goverment is subsidising their stupidity!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

are they doing a housing benefit fraud!?

if he earns 11k then he's spending his own money not the governments

and i take it his mrs only gets £5400 a year and that should be lower seeing that they are a couple so it totally sounds dodgy to me

Amount Aged 16 - 24 £51.85 Aged 25 or over £65.45 Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance The maximum weekly rates are: Type of person Amount Single people, aged under 25 £51.85 Single people, aged 25 or over £65.45 Couples and civil partnerships (both aged 18 or over) £102.75 Lone parent (aged under 18) £51.85 Lone parent (aged 18 or over) £65.45

www.dwp.co.uk

www.cambridge.gov.uk... les.en

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

I read "Child tax credit to the Middle Class".....

Not poor.

So the Poor stay the same, the rich get new deals..... and the middle class gets @^%!

Yup. Sounds pretty much typical.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join