It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freaky cat encounters.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
For the past couple weeks, cats in general have been freaking me out.

One night, I'm biking in a very dark alley, then all of a sudden a black cat jumps right in front of me, causing me to slam my front break on and flipping over my handle bars. It really, really hurt.

Freaked me out a little, because of the whole black cat, bad luck thing. Then, when i got back on my bike and started biking, not even 2 meters down, another cat, this time completely white, jumps in front of me. From previous experience, i knew to hit the back break.

That was about 2 nights ago. Here's what happened tonight.

We recently got a cat, 2 or 3 weeks ago. He seems to be a very nice playful cat, but hasn't been declared.

I just finished my snack, and was walking out of the kitchen, when wouldn't you know it my cat jumps out and stops me. It stared at me, i stared at it, then its pupils when HUGE! then it attacked me. Now, its a little kitten, and even if he tried, which he seemed to have pretty hard, he could not have hurt me besides a few scratches. I kind of moved him around with my leg, shaking him off gently, then he stopped and ran away.

So, i decided to get a drink, as i opened the door, the cat jumped in the fridge. And would not come out.

Any similar experiences? When he was in the fridge, his pupils were completely small and normal. And in both cases, his eyes were exposed to a bright light.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Your kitten just sounds like a cat being a cat. When mine was a kitten he used to bite people on the nose, my female one would attack try to attack my eyes. They both grew out of it, you should stay away from the declaring, it's really cruel. When cats get older they seem to understand human eye contact, but when they're kittens it seems like they think you're challenging them.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Silverado292]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
First of all, that is perfectly normal kitten behavior, come on!

And I don't know about that whole "flipping over your bike scenerio".. I mean, you were biking in a "dark alley", you must have been going pretty fast, and you must have really good brakes for that to happen.

Sorry but this is a strange topic.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
this happened to my friend the other day, he was driving his car home through his neighborhood and he said in front of his driveway a black cat was sitting and would not move ooOooOoo true story

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
All encounters with cats are freaky.

There's a bunch of them next door... not quite "crazy cat lady" style, but she has about 4... I'll be out in the garden watering my veggie patch and there is always on of them sitting on the roof of my shed, just watching me....I'm waiting for the day when it pounces on me and scratches my face off....

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Nothing freaky here.

These are not the cats you're looking for.

Move along...

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
When I was young, a cat slashed my face and left a niced sized gash. Ever since then, cats kinda piss me off.

But nah, cats can be cool cometimes. I had this one cat who followed me around on a walk, and it was pretty cute.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

Kittens that bite and scratch like that have been taken away from their litter at too young an age. Both cats and dogs learn that biting and scratching hurts when they are really young and playing with each other, and do not do it so hard later on. (A friend of mine suggests 12 weeks before bringing them home.)

Declawing is a rather cruel procedure and many times the cats bleed after the operation for quite a while. A water bottle is good to have to keep them from scratching furniture and other bad behaviors.

Cats love to watch movement, so when you are working in your garden, they are having a great time just watching the movement going on. The cat is not going to attack you, just watch you.

I hope no one here tries to harm a black cat thinking it is bad luck. The cat has no choice in what fur color(s) that he is going to receive. Black cats are no different than tuxedo, calico, long hair, etc.

I have had kitties all over the spectrum, and each one has had a different personality. Most of them have been loving companions who loved to sit on my shoulder while I would read a book or newspaper.

BTW, most cats (like dogs) mellow with age.

top topics

join